Halo 4 Forge

rentless

Any info on forge in Halo 4?

I personally love forge in reach, but it could definatly need some touch ups.

Possibly more colors for your structures, an undo, more/unlimited pieces.

What are your ideas on forge and how it can be improved?

P.S. Any offical halo 4 info please post.

I forged heavily in Halo 3 and Reach. I really liked the system Reach used and I hope it makes a return. But there are some key improvements that could be made. Make the bump more accurate, have objects phase without glitching, and different skins for objects would make forge perfect IMO.

343 should have spent time making enemies and topography forgeable in Halo 4 instead of Spartan Ops. Throw in Forgeable music, ability to weave movies in to forge custom maps/missions, large selection of sky boxes, and some text based narration and objective markers and BOOM. 343 can just rely on the Community to make all the Missions they want.

I request this topic be locked, there is already an official Forge topic.

The op was asking a question which you wouldnt neccasarily get answered looking at the top of the Forge topic. Banning threads related to Forge beacuse their is an official forge topic would be ridiculous, considering the expansive nature of Forge. What if, hypothetically, the OP doesnt like the direction the conversation is currently at?

The op was asking a question which you wouldnt neccasarily get answered looking at the top of the Forge topic. Banning threads related to Forge beacuse their is an official forge topic would be ridiculous, considering the expansive nature of Forge. What if, hypothetically, the OP doesnt like the direction the conversation is currently at?

thanks ! keep em coming, i'd like more discussion and ideas

• Like 1

thanks ! keep em coming, i'd like more discussion and ideas

No problem sir!

Anyway, If 343 really wanted to push the envelope, they should release a version of their map creator for people to develope with on their PCs. By map creator I mean actual topographic/geographic creation of new maps with all the landscape items 343 has stored, not just forging certain existing elements in. Then, they could charge people a small fee to submit the maps to a special playlist following basic 343 tests to ensure the map is playable of course. If the map is positevely reviewed by the community it could be brought into permanent rotation in certain playlists...maybe even offer cash prizes for the best map submissions. That AND they should release stuff for the Forge on Consoles to make and edit custom AI, skyboxes, etc. pretty much all the stuff I suggested in the previous post.

Just imagine, completey community made maps (not just forged) and Campaign levels co-existing with premium 343 content. Maybe not possible on existing hardware, but hey, theres always H5 and 6.

• Like 2

I use a lot of cad programs for school and i think that if there is to be an amazing forge that it needs to be more like a CAD program. Also another awsome would be to import CAD created structure into the game. Alao i hope the maps are really big.

I use CAD software every day at work, I'm a mechanical/piping designer who went to school for architectual drafting. It would not do well for map building/forging purposes. You'd be better off with what VivaLebowskisuggested, 343 releasing a program to actually build maps, not just forging.

But for making structures that could be imported into a program like VivaLebowski suggested? I could see that working really well, as long as all the scales were known.

2 things. If weapons have attachments then you could make it so you could set them in forge. Also i thought of this today. You gould forge nature objects. You start with a flat map that just has grass in like a canyon and you could spawn a hill which is a flat grass square. Then you could edite the hight and watch your hill grow. next you can edit the length and with of top and bottom to strech the hill however people want.

Before or after (Doesn't matter) the spartan ops story is over, they should release a Forge Ops! Forge Ops would be forge mode, along side forge, for spartan ops. You create missions and a mini campaign... you create the animations for the cutscenes, using a cutscene animator. It would be a professional tool, but user-friendly. This would definitely keep people comin back to halo 4 for years on end. Campaigns, non-canon obviously, made by the community! Best idea ever! lol :laughing: :thumbsup:

All we know is that we are forging in a type of simulation chamber. I really wonder how this will effect the way forge is setup and how our maps will be editable. If this is in fact a simulation then I would expect you would be able to affect the map in different more god type ways instead of just adding to something we have presently.

There needs to be a group button, as in if you built a nice base with a lot of pieces involved, you should be able to copy those pieces in the exact position that you built them in, instead of having to rebuild everything all over again.

anyone agree?

• Like 1

I've posted about this on another similar topic, but this isn't rocket science. Why have forge when you can have full-fledged customization tools? The people porting the games to PC graced us with the best halo release as of this post ( 4 / 26 / 12 ) HALO CUSTOM EDITION. You could change almost anything if you really wanted to. Models? Maps? Layouts? Code? It's all there. It's everyone's dream come true, and I'm sure people will be jumping on the bandwagon with thier unlimited creativity. :)