First Halo 4 RVB + Save the date

Archangel Tyrael

Mark your calendars—the Halo 4 launch date is revealed!

In this exclusive Rooster Teeth video, Grif wants to make sure his schedule is absolutely clear for the launch of Halo 4. But first he has to convince Sarge to give him the day off.

This version of the launch-date announcement was released in the United States, and is available on Halo Waypoint for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-kzU3y_Nc&feature=g-u-u&context=G269a470FUAAAAAAABAA

Awesome is all i have to say. Plus November 6th release date, if you did not watch the video here.

Also, thanks for Theorix for pointing these things out:

So this is what we can gather from the video:

• Lowering weapon feature is back.
  • Grenades on the left side of HUD
  • A glimpse of the sniper scope.
  • And most importantly, the release date; November 6th, 2012.

• Like 4

It looks alright. I'm sure this is early gameplay footage, which might explain why their bodies seem so stiff and the colours and armour detail look rather plain. From the screenshots we've already seen and the small clips of gameplay from the first ViDoc (which look a lot better than these two videos in my opinion), I'm sure this isn't how it's going to look in the final release.

Woohoo release date. Any idea what that big thing is on the back of the red guys back? I can't remember if it was shown in the game informer or not, but you get a good look at the shotgun in the video too. The sniper looks mighty uh...not sleek? If that is indeed the human sniper.

Woohoo release date. Any idea what that big thing is on the back of the red guys back? I can't remember if it was shown in the game informer or not, but you get a good look at the shotgun in the video too. The sniper looks mighty uh...not sleek? If that is indeed the human sniper.

Most likely a jetpack.

Can't say I'm impressed yet. The idle animations are good, but the movement of the model permutations with the animation looks choppy and stiff. There is no real specualr or environment mapping that I could see on the player models. The map itslef looks like it was fully lit and had all shaders light responses adjusted to be flat and same levels all across it. I know this is early on, but realistically, they are waaaaay past the Alpha stage. Development time left by my estimate is about 6 months. They have to have the final disc or discs, ready to be shipped out for manufacturing roughly around October 11th or 12th. That being said, I highly doubt we will really see a great many changes regarding what we see in any newer videos or press releases. 6 months dev time, is really only enough time to really hand the game over to proper testers and start hammering out the teir 0 bugs (worst bugs), then progressively work from there.

Not saying I'm not giving it a chance, just pointing out some observations and opinions. The direction they are heading still looks solid and I have no doubt the game will be fun. Just not visually stunning for me is all.

Can't say I'm impressed yet. The idle animations are good, but the movement of the model permutations with the animation looks choppy and stiff. There is no real specualr or environment mapping that I could see on the player models. The map itslef looks like it was fully lit and had all shaders light responses adjusted to be flat and same levels all across it. I know this is early on, but realistically, they are waaaaay past the Alpha stage. Development time left by my estimate is about 6 months. They have to have the final disc or discs, ready to be shipped out for manufacturing roughly around October 11th or 12th. That being said, I highly doubt we will really see a great many changes regarding what we see in any newer videos or press releases. 6 months dev time, is really only enough time to really hand the game over to proper testers and start hammering out the teir 0 bugs (worst bugs), then progressively work from there.

Not saying I'm not giving it a chance, just pointing out some observations and opinions. The direction they are heading still looks solid and I have no doubt the game will be fun. Just not visually stunning for me is all.

wow you really dont think it looks good for alpha footage? i think it looks great i dont see what you all mean by the models look stiff just because there heads dont bob enough anyways im sure they will fix it up and make it look even better by release.

Like I said, they are far beyond Alpha stage. Alpha stage is when the engine is completely finihsed and they have prelim assets to begin first wave testing of game handling, physics and collision. Truth is, because they have had development of Halo 4 going on for more than 2 years now, they were way past Alpha stage internally well before christmas last year. THAT is my major gripe with the way it looks in the video. The bump mapping is great, and the detail on the models are phenominal, just everything else is kinda blah.

Something anyone else probably didn't notice, was that the reflection in the visor did not move or change in response to the surrounding environment. Which means real time reflections are not present, at least for the multiplayer or third person views anyway. Sad.....RTR (Real-Time Reflections), are soemthing i really wanted to see happen in halo 4.

Like I said, they are far beyond Alpha stage. Alpha stage is when the engine is completely finihsed and they have prelim assets to begin first wave testing of game handling, physics and collision. Truth is, because they have had development of Halo 4 going on for more than 2 years now, they were way past Alpha stage internally well before christmas last year. THAT is my major gripe with the way it looks in the video. The bump mapping is great, and the detail on the models are phenominal, just everything else is kinda blah.

Something anyone else probably didn't notice, was that the reflection in the visor did not move or change in response to the surrounding environment. Which means real time reflections are not present, at least for the multiplayer or third person views anyway. Sad.....RTR (Real-Time Reflections), are soemthing i really wanted to see happen in halo 4.

This could be unfinished and unpolished in game footage. If you will remember the multiplayer screenshots that have been released and gameplay clips from the "First Look" video, they looked better than this. At least in my opinion they did.

This might have been done ages ago Twin, and Roosterteeth might have to had waited a while to release it. But i do agree with u, this is way past the alpha stage, this is in beta, looks good, but isnt finished so im not judging :)