Halo, that nostalgic, familiar feeling

Katthejedi

Ok, so my favorite memory of Halo is getting together with some buddies playing my favorite game while eating some snackage. Some say that this 'memory' will be taken away from them because Halo 4 is "different." Do you think that your favorite feeling about Halo will be robbed because Halo 4 is "different."

Yes. I picture Halo as thrilling, exciting, nerve-racking and addictive. Now I see Halo 4 as CoD in the future, boring, not very competitive. My favourite memory was when I get butterflies in my stomach during a ranked FFA match and it's a close game. This memory will be taken away because now that we have to unlock weapons to spawn with, so I will spawn with a magnum while everyone else gets a BR and I'll be like "meh, going to lose anyway." I bet 343i will mess up the ranking system and do something worse than Reach.

No. For better or worse "nostalgia" just went out the window...oh it might very well be great and feel like Halo. But its not going to be Bungies Halo. I'm not worried that any one feature is inherently bad. I'm worried that many of these new features carry a high risk of someone at 343 f'ing them up.

Yes. I picture Halo as thrilling, exciting, nerve-racking and addictive. Now I see Halo 4 as CoD in the future, boring, not very competitive. My favourite memory was when I get butterflies in my stomach during a ranked FFA match and it's a close game. This memory will be taken away because now that we have to unlock weapons to spawn with, so I will spawn with a magnum while everyone else gets a BR and I'll be like "meh, going to lose anyway." I bet 343i will mess up the ranking system and do something worse than Reach.

I do find it funny how everyone is saying "Im gonna start with a magnum" versus a guy with a BR. But this is ridiculous...we have PRIMARY and SECONDARY weapons...we can assume that Primary players will have either the BR, the AR or both as default with things like the Carbines, DMR, Silenced SMG (I hope) as unlocks. Secondary weapons will have magnum. But its not like you'll have a crappy pistol with nothing else to go up against the BR.

At worst, you might have to start with the AR and level up to the BR. Horrible for all you BR pros (of which I am not one), but will that be a tragedy? No...Besides, its most likely that 343 will make you able to choose the BR or the AR.

I'm not really having any too strong opinions at this point. It's too early in development to be hating on it already. We've only seen 5 minutes of footage and a few paragraphs of stuff. I'm just going to wait and see what the future holds.

• Like 1