So a while ago, after I got the Anniversary Map Pack, I decided to do some pancaming and scenery screenies of the new maps. While I was on Ridgeline, I pushed a teleporter outside of the map boundary. After going through, I totally expected to instantly die...that wasn't the case. Instead, I was perfectly safe. There was no countdown at all. I was in a pretty sizeable safe zone outside the map boundary of Ridgeline. Then I got an idea. I mapped out the soft kill and kill zone boundaries(which turned out to be a big V shape), and I started forging using the limited map building resources available on Ridgeline.

The outside safe zone is large enough to make a moderate sized map with the available resources. After the map was completed, I barely had enough of my forge budget to place an equal number of weapons to balance out the map, and just enough to place the necessary safe zones and soft kill zones. The map takes up the whole of the V shape safe zone. No, there's no big V shaped map, rather the map is spaced out throughout the safe zone. The red and blue bases are separated from the main part of the map. To access the main part of the map, there are man cannon's located at the end of each bridge at both bases, as well as teleporters at the back of each base that take you to respective sides of the main part of the map. The main map is symmetrical, as is Red Base, while Blue Base is asymmetrical. Here's the map:

Regenesis

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25346515&player=sheesh1991

One more thing. The map has yet to be tested. I will say that the only framerate lag I managed to find was at the very back of the main map, just above and below the triangle you can see in the last screenie I posted.

As for recommended gametypes, there are three: Anniversary Slayer, Anniversary Team Slayer, and a custom gametype mix I made between Reach slayer and Anniversary Team Slayer with the Anniversary magnum - 3-Shot Team Slayer, which can be found here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25346246&player=sheesh1991

And here are some overview screenies of the map:

Blue Base Overview:

BlueBase.jpg

Red Base Overview:

RedBase.jpg

Main Map - Green Base Overview:

GreenBase.jpg

Green Base Internal Overview:

GreenBaseInside.jpg

Hope you guys like it! Really my first major build.

I like this map, because you didnt go normal, and didnt do it on the forge world, looks good

Thanks. Yeah, when it came to forging, I didn't much like Forge World, despite its huge size and the large number of available building recources. I've even made sort of a mini-map outside of Reflection, but that wasn't exactly a build worth mentioning. I like to think outside of the box when it comes to forging. And when I say "outside the box," I mean outside the box. Hence, Regenesis was born from the limited map building resources.

I think it looks... awesome

Thanks DJ. Compared to Forge World, this is one of my better maps, not just because of where it is on Ridgeline, but because the pieces fit together better than they do in Forge World. I don't know what it is, but for some reason using the little nudge tool on Ridgeline works better than it does in FW because of the fact that unlike FW, the pieces don't slightly shift their positions like they do in FW when you load up the map the next day. Not only that, but Symmetrical maps on Ridgeline, are ACTUALLY symmetrical. All the pieces fit perfectly. In FW, most of the time you have to make exceptions with some pieces when it comes to symmetry, where instead of having one piece sit next to another piece on one end of the map, you have to make the same piece on the other end actually be phased with the other object or have a bigger gap between the two. That's all when you're using the nudge tool in FW. Ridgeline, there's none of that. If you want symmetry, Ridgeline delivers perfect symmetry.

Trust me when I say Ridgeline is the new Forge World(sort of). Take my word for it; if you want symmetrical maps, go forge in the outer safe zone on Ridgeline. If you're a perfectionist like I am, then Ridgeline is the perfect forge map for you.

Wow, thats amazing. It's too bad we can't download it because bungie.net is down :(, I really want the map :)

Just go on Reach, and go to the Custom File Search, and type in my gamertag(same as my username here). My entire FileShare should come up. Hope that helps.

You should remake it on forge world

Unfortunately, I won't be doing that. Why? Because unlike Ridgeline, a symmetrical map like this one in Forge World will not be as symmetrical as this one. Read my previous post and you'll understand what I mean. Not only that, but objects placed using the nudge tool on Ridgeline won't move from their places when you start up another forge session the next day. In Forge World, that is the case with placed objects using the nudge tool. Ridgeline in my opinion is the new Forge World.