March Sparkcast Overview!

Lᴜᴋᴇ

So, the Sparkcast was released today, with lot's of juicy bits of info on Halo 4. I've decided to listen carefully and write the important details here for you guys :D

Warhouse and Wraparound are placeholder names. They aren't necessarily the real names for the maps. Wraparound sounds very close quarters and hectic - there are four man-cannons leading from points into the center of the map. There are also cracks and holes in the floor which can be used to go from one floor to another. It also confirms that the LOS (Line of Site) into the center of the map is obstructed. Hopefully this will lead to more tactical play. Also, there are meant to be "no safe areas" in Wraparound.

In Warhouse, it has been confirmed that it is in space. There are man-cannons going from outer space into the map itself. This suggests that the map is quite large - and another cool feature is that the sky is different from each side of the map. For example, one side could have stars, asteroids, or clouds etc.

The next topic they move into is the weapons. The assault rifle is referred too as "beefy," and "amazing." Frank O'connor jokes about him wanting the AR as the starting weapon in every game mode, just because he loves it so much. This could imply that the AR isn't the only starting weapons. Covenant weapons are said to still sound alien, but a lot more deadly.

The Campaign is the next subject - rumored to be amazing. Of course, they would be biased, however they did show it do a select few employees at Microsoft and they said it was great. The campaign is also said to be "more than half" of the experience of Halo 4. This is pretty incredible, especially as MM is now such a huge part of Halo. If you listen to the Sparkcast, they definitely sound very excited about the campaign. You also here some people talking about a certain level, codenamed "7." This probably means the seventh level.

Next, they talk about how they used the face of one of the designers as the face of a marine - which suggests that MC may be fighting alongside marines. How 343i fit this in to the story, we will find out, as MC seemed pretty far away from any human civilization in the reveal.

Lastly, we are told how information will be released, some big, some small. More pictures and sounds. Then, they mention how the DMR is back - so not only will we have the BR, but the DMR as well. This, at least, will let players have a choice. Also, Bubble shield is gone - does this mean armor lock is back?

In the next Sparkcast, it is confirmed that there will be Halo 4 music playing over it! Make sure you check it out next month to have a listen!

Hope this cleared things up a little,

Luke

If you want to check out the video, here it is:

• Like 3

I guess it could give players a choice between burst and single fire.

It would just add two medium range precision weapons into a multiplayer match which no matter what they do creates imbalance, I think they will have two different gamemodes for them.

definitely think the game will be unbalanced if you could choose between the DMR or BR in a game, so I too agree that they'll have different game modes which we then veto or specific playlist's. Not a huge fan of the DMR tbh

definitely think the game will be unbalanced if you could choose between the DMR or BR in a game, so I too agree that they'll have different game modes which we then veto or specific playlist's. Not a huge fan of the DMR tbh

I think that the BR will definitely take out a DMR close range. I just want to see what would go on long range. I would think the DMR would be more accurate but less powerful.