***SandDune - BTB***

firedune22

This thread may be too much information for those who are not forgers. This map submission template

is used by Blueprint: a closely-knit forge community that has a lot of experienced forgers, cartographers, and is THE place to try and get you map into matchmaking. Blueprint is the community behind the infection playlist update in january, and the BTB heavies playlist update.

Map Name: SandDune 3.0

Canvas Map: Forge World

2]Last Updated: 3/24/2012

Screenshots*/Videos: Photobucket album

Ideal Player Count: 16 players

Best Gametypes: Slayer, CTF

Supported Gametypes: Slayer, CTF, Assault, Territories, Stockpile

Description: Ring aound the Sandbar

The map description is a throwback to the name of the original version of this map i bult as my first BTB map. Did I mention that this map is a re-mastering of my first BTB map? Anyway, i've learned much since I first joined Blueprint and I decided to see if I could apply professional forging techniques to an old map and see just how much I've improved.

Now the map played pretty well before. It just looked, i'll admit it, crappy. Now; not so much. Anyway since you probably want to hear about the map itself, and not it's histoy, here's the gist.

The map is basically shaped a lot like a giant ring with two primary bases at each end of the two opposting "sandbars", two secondary bases on the island side, and tertiary spawning bases on the beach/sandbar side. The map is really easy to get your bearings right off of spawn beacuse one side is brown, and one side is green and you usually get a whole view of the map right off of spawn.

I've intended the beach side to be more vehicle-oriented and the island side to be more infantry-based, however, there is room for vehicles to travel through the island side and cover for infantry on the beach side if they wish to do so. Two secondary bases house rockets to tackle the enemy falcon. banshee, or any stray vehicle too close to the base. The two red/blue main bases start out with focus rifles and on the paradisio side there is a neutral +1-clip sniper high up in the mountains

Other Notes: I'm mainly concerned about spawning ( one time i had spawned in red base whislt being blue. I believe I have fixed it, but i'll just have to see) and if there are too many vehicles, or not enough power weapons at the bases

If you answer yes to any of the following, please list:

Supports Vehicles: Y

Power Ups on map: N

Armor Abilities on map: Y-(decoration only)

Budget Remaining: 370 forge-bucks

Overall performance: some Framerate Lag in distant locations

Split Screen Framerate Rating: N/A

Edit 2: New map update means new weapon and vehice selection!

Vehicles

2x wraith - 180s

2x Rocket warthogs - 60s

2x/2x mongi - 25s/30s

2x ghosts - 45s

2x Falcon - 150s

1x Banshee - 160

Weapons

2x/1x plasma pistol - 30s/80s

2x focus rifle - 90s

4x needle rifle - 45s/+2 clip

2x DMR - 30s/+1 clip

2x needler - 60s/+2 clip

2x concussion rifle - 60s/+1 clip

2x Rocket Launcher - 120s/+1 clip

1x Sniper rifle - 90s/+0 clip

1x Plasma Launcher - 150s

There is a teleporting system at the bottom of each primary base, there are 2 paths opposite from the warthog bay half. The two enterances are denoted by 2 armor abilites, armor lock and Sprint. Now, they've been chosen for 2 reasons. 1) each AA ability will take you to the side that you'll need it the most (i.e. AL on the beach side, sprint on the paradisio side), and 2) AL=orange, Beach=orange/ Sprint is green/paradiso is green. Pretty nifty, huh?

Feedback in any form is greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

sounds cool, and i would appreciate 1 or 2 screenshots

• 3 weeks later...