SOME IDEAS FOR 343/HALO 4

Sgt. Justice

Alright, so I had this idea while playing Reach campaign, I know it may sound cheesy but when a UNSC solider dies while I’m playing campaign, I’ll stop, take a knee and bow my head next to the body as a “sign of respect.” Then I had the idea, what if there was a “Battle Rage” or ”Fallen Hero” award/bonus for doing this?

Say in a multiplayer your teammate is killed. You stop, kneel down and hold the melee button while aiming at the corps. There is a quick animation of you laying the corps in a respectful position. (Think how 117 did in Homecoming “Halo: Legends.”) In campaign he marks the body for extract and a UNSC ship comes and evacts him. Then you get an award.

Also, I thought it would be cool if you see the death and do this. You get a “Battle Rage.” That is to say 15-30 seconds of enhanced speed, melee power, agility, and unlimited ammo, to take out the enemy/opponent that killed him, with the announcer stating “Battle Rage.”

I think to keep this balanced you should only be able to get it once per teammate/once per person in a match.

Also I wanted to throughout the idea that the reason Spartans sometimes where such vibrant colors, is so other UNSC soldiers can see them on the field of battle, and be inspired. And on that note, would it be possible to have camo schemes (Desert/ACU/BDU), as well as colors, for character customization?

What do ya’ll/343 think?

• Like 1

This isn't the actual 343i website, this is community run, but 343i employees do visit. I agree that there should be something like this but not for multiplayer. More of like a remember the fallen type achievement, for like gears of war type thing recovring cog tags. Certain marines you find or allies, in Halo4 you can recover their DogTags, and get an achievement and it does this animation you speak of. And Battle rgae no just no, Halo is about balance, would be to chaotic that way sorry.

• Like 2

This isn't the actual 343i website, this is community run, but 343i employees do visit. I agree that there should be something like this but not for multiplayer. More of like a remember the fallen type achievement, for like gears of war type thing recovring cog tags. Certain marines you find or allies, in Halo4 you can recover their DogTags, and get an achievement and it does this animation you speak of. And Battle rgae no just no, Halo is about balance, would be to chaotic that way sorry.

Thanks for the reply, I had thought of it more as a campaign thing originally anyway. I always feel bad for those poor AI UNSC troops that get through in as cannon fodder. Another idea is to have a score/award bonus for keeping AI troops alive through campaign missions. Say every troop alive is worth 20 CR after mission completion, but you get 15 for “recovering” their body. Be a nice little Easter egg/touch of grace for the game.

• Like 1

Thats..Actually an ok idea. Only, you cant have unlimited ammo. Your just harder to kill.

Agreed, Maybe just a tougher shield.

post]

And Battle rgae no just no, Halo is about balance, would be to chaotic that way sorry.

I agree, thats why I said it should be limmited on how many times it can be done. I think eatch player should only be able to do it once, and they have to actually see the death for it to be active. Then you have a time limit, say 7 seconds (lol) to get to the body, and initaiate the "Battle Rage."

Thanks for the reply, I had thought of it more as a campaign thing originally anyway. I always feel bad for those poor AI UNSC troops that get through in as cannon fodder. Another idea is to have a score/award bonus for keeping AI troops alive through campaign missions. Say every troop alive is worth 20 CR after mission completion, but you get 15 for “recovering” their body. Be a nice little Easter egg/touch of grace for the game.

The AI deserve to get shot, the do absolutely f*** all to help out. :wallbash:

I personally think this is a generally good idea, only there shouldn't be an animation (or a just very short one) and then you will be get credits, commendation progress (if Halo 4 has commendations) or maybe something like an unlockable piece of armor or something for example "recover 500 dog tags" .

Just an example though.

• Like 1

imo its a terrible idea. You really want to take 5+ seconds kneeling down and moving a body in the heat of battle? why dont you just turn your back to the enemy and drop your trousers

LOL, thats funny, but if your dumb enough to do it during a battle, you get what you deserve. I was thinking more like something you would do (As I do) after you have cleared an area.

I personally think this is a generally good idea, only there shouldn't be an animation (or a just very short one) and then you will be get credits, commendation progress (if Halo 4 has commendations) or maybe something like an unlockable piece of armor or something for example "recover 500 dog tags" .

Just an example though.

I agree, thats a good add on. Maybe like a POW/MIA emblem that goes on the right brest of your armor for getting all Dog Tags. Or something like that.

The AI deserve to get shot, the do absolutely f*** all to help out. :wallbash:

Agreed, the AI on NPC's could be improved.