Looks like I'll be getting my money back on my Halo 4 preorder.

jdan81

Cool it down a notch guys. Coming into a thread like this and flaming the OP shows you are no better than someon else who comes in and flames a certain game or person. Lets take it down a bit and let this guy excersice his right to post about what he saw in regards to Halo 4. Just because this is a fan site, does not give each and everyone of you the right to bash hi back. VidOC's and trailers alike are given to us so we can see what they are doing with the game. Not everyone is going to like what they see, or hear the devs talking about. Are you all gonna start bashing me next for my views? THIS...is the exact reason why I left when I did. Seeign all this hate now, just makes me want to leave you all to rot even more...

You know what, just do me a favor, don't bother replying to anything I say or even talking to me in general. I'm about done. All of you need to re-evaluate yourselves and take a look at the things you have done or posted before you go even further. Really people...just let people vent about things in terms of games when they need to. Yeah, constant bashing instead of helping people to see a different view...thats a great way to build up this site and membership count.

• Like 3

You know what, just do me a favor, don't bother replying to anything I say or even talking to me in general. I'm about done. All of you need to re-evaluate yourselves and take a look at the things you have done or posted before you go even further. Really people...just let people vent about things in terms of games when they need to. Yeah, constant bashing instead of helping people to see a different view...thats a great way to build up this site and membership count.

I do not need to re-evaluate myself, Twinreaper. I have not said a single unkind word towards the OP. I have not insulted him, called him an unkind name, or anything like that. I have not bashed him in any way. I have only suggested that he stop panicking and give the game a fair chance. He's being too quick to judge the game when he has nowhere near enough information to give a proper, informed opinion on it.

Cool it down a notch guys.

Agreed. I got your back, Twin.

And Mystic - love you, but sometimes it's not our intent that people see when they read our posts. Your first reply was perfectly fine, in my opinion. But what I believe Twin was referring to was the obvious decay of respect in replies after yours, starting with ShockGazm, then skipping a bunch of replies until we hit Unease P34nut's reply. Instead of calm replies simply stating the obvious (that he doesn't have enough info to decide H4 is going to "suck" or not, or replies of "Sorry you feel that way, take care and good luck to you in the future"), some of our people began getting butthurt and instead of taking the high road, they proceeded to selfishly take out their frustrations on the OP.

Becoming the community's Spiritual Leader wasn't just for giggles, but rather because of my propagation of L.U.R.V. in the community (that's Love, Understanding, Respect and Virtue). Now I'll try my best to do that the way I used to before my long on-again, off-again absence, but it's up to everybody to learn to let go of what grates on their nerves, relax and look at things with a clear head before replying.

On topic:

Dear jdan81,

I'm sorry to hear that you're so let down by the H4 news revealed so far, but perhaps you're jumping the gun? Maybe even just a little bit? 343i seems much more dedicated to making us fans happy across the board than Bungie was near the end of their reign over the title. I fully expect to see separate "Classic" playlists where fans of the original fast-paced, skill-based multiplayer matches can go and revel in the glory of the New-look, Classic-feel games, if that's your cup-o-tea.

Alternatively, if you're displeased by the news of the innovations/"new things", I think you should take a moment to reflect on what happens to games that don't evolve. If every Halo played the same, but was dressed differently, it wouldn't be CoD that would be getting called "The same game in a new skin", it would be Halo getting criticised for it. It's sad that the effects of an ever-changing gaming market has to affect our beloved Halo series, but that's the way it goes. :( All we can do is try to evolve along with it, and if you refuse, that's your choice to make. Don't let anyone here make you feel bad about it, but also don't waste your own time by defending yourself if you know nothing will change your mind.

That said, I think you're still hoping that something changes your mind. Otherwise, why would you have stuck around to read those replies?

Nobody can promise you that Halo 4 will recapture the Golden Era of Halo gaming. That's impossible, and we all need to learn to accept that it's a bygone age in the FPS genre. All we can promise is that you won't be alone if you choose to go into Halo 4 and the new "Reclaimer trilogy" - for better or worse.

Ignore the guys who got upset by your stated opinion. They'll cool off and they'll either learn to let this sort of thing slide, or they'll end up getting ejected from the community after one-too-many outbursts.

Whatever you choose, jdan, try to remember that Halo has always been known for innovating and pushing the FPS genre to further greatness, and it can't do that if they don't get innovative. Who knows, maybe H4 will be superb in its own way, with all things balanced and allowing for Skill to once again reign over any Loadout.

Take care, and Twam be with you. :heart:

• Like 1

Cool it down a notch guys. Coming into a thread like this and flaming the OP shows you are no better than someon else who comes in and flames a certain game or person. Lets take it down a bit and let this guy excersice his right to post about what he saw in regards to Halo 4. Just because this is a fan site, does not give each and everyone of you the right to bash hi back. VidOC's and trailers alike are given to us so we can see what they are doing with the game. Not everyone is going to like what they see, or hear the devs talking about. Are you all gonna start bashing me next for my views? THIS...is the exact reason why I left when I did. Seeign all this hate now, just makes me want to leave you all to rot even more...

dude you a legend :clap: been waiting for weeks for someone to stand up and say something about all the bashing left right and center! Thank god you did and hopefully we get less bs and more chats going as nowadays topics go way off discussion when someone feels they have to add in there 2cents so glad someone who's been here a while said something :P

thats all I was doing.

You try to voice your oppinion or vent and people jump on you.

Not everyone's from America who play the game!

Dude I didnt say that everyone plays is in America. I was saying I live in America and can speak my mind Since America is a free country!!!

Agreed. I got your back, Twin.

And Mystic - love you,........................................ reign over any Loadout.

Take care, and Twam be with you. :heart:

Thats all I was saying. I woould rather see skill win a game vs load outs.

Dude I didnt say that everyone plays is in America. I was saying I live in America and can speak my mind Since America is a free country!!!

Its called freedom of speech and the internet which we all know very well so being American has nothing to do with it.

and dude stop posting one after another you making this thread into pages when it could be more controlled if you just quote off from someones post in one go instead of posting multiple posts one after another

I would just like to see the same game pplay as halo2-3. Just add to it. IMprove it but not to the point that it doesnt feel like Halo anymore.

I'm with you on that, jdan. :yes And that sounds exactly like the goal at 343 Industries.

I think the trick is finding the balance between the old and the new. Seeing as how Reach failed so bad in comparison with the previous Halo FPS's to keep the fast-paced, skill-oriented, high-flying, butt-kicking, nade-sticking, no-scoping, Hog-splattering, mind-blowing, wtfjusthappened-filled gameplay balanced with new impliments, I'm pretty sure 343 has learned a thing or two about the things they can do and how not to do them.

I wouldn't blame you for canceling your preorder, but I'll be shocked and apalled if H4 blows as bad as Reach did for the reasons we loved the Halo of yore.

So the only other thing I can think of is to have you ask yourself this question:

"What preorder bonuses might I be passing-up by canceling if the game turns out to be a win of epic proportions?" If you don't think it'll be anything big, then you have nothing to worry about in canceling it. :)

Twam guide you. :heart:

• Like 2

I do not need to re-evaluate myself, Twinreaper. I have not said a single unkind word towards the OP. I have not insulted him, called him an unkind name, or anything like that. I have not bashed him in any way. I have only suggested that he stop panicking and give the game a fair chance. He's being too quick to judge the game when he has nowhere near enough information to give a proper, informed opinion on it.

Why did you think he was pointing you out Mystic? Seriously. I took the time to read this thread a few times. What I read is Twinreaper asking for calm. He has called no one out. The OP and myself "liked" Twin's post as it went up for a good reason. So why do you feel personally feel so guilty about him asking for members to relax? I do not get it.

Well you shouldn't do any drastic things like cancel a pre-order because of some footage that probably isn't the finished product. If you do not like the game, re sell it, or just don't pre order and buy it after you see more gameplay, some things make me upset, but i am sure they will fix it or make it feel like Halo hopefully. Hope to see you in Halo 4.