3 Simple things to make Halo 4 "Succesful".

BC Conker

First of all I'd like to just say Hello, my name's Conker "Hi Conker" and I'm clearly a "noob" here as this is my first post/thread. To you guys I'm just another random, somebody who knows nothing about this game, and my message will probably be read by few who will have no power in changing the outcome of Halo 4. But none the less I'm here taking a chance, because Halo has been a huge part of half my life (21 years old) and this is a game I believe in. There would be nothing better in life than to bring back the same very nostalgic things that defined the Halo universe through Xbox live

I've been there for Halo through everything in thick and thin.

I can say I was there before Xbox Live, back in the Xbox Connect days

I can say that I was there waiting in line at midnight for Halo 2, and every Halo since.

I can say I was there when this game had awesome glitches that involved their own skill sets.

I can say I was there when awesome gametypes like Zombies, and Tower of Power were just becoming popular.

I can say I was there before things like bubble shields, jet packs, and even sprinting.

And I can even say I was there at an MLG event where I even went "Pro"

Like I said, I've been through a lot. And I have a long history with the game.

Right now we all know the Halo franchise is in the weeds. Like right now I'm playing the Halo 1 Anniversary, through my Halo Reach disc, on a Halo 2 map formerly known as Headlong. What Halo are we playing anymore?

Its become pretty apparent to me that Halo hasn't figured it out yet... And its frustrating

3 SIMPLE THINGS

Do you remember the Nostalgia of:

1) Having a Number (Level) beside your name? If Halo was a song, this would be the "Hook". Halo was at its best when you had to work your butt off to earn sweet looking numbers that had cool little designs, or symbols such as the Moon and Halo ring. But not anymore. And now I get matched against noobs who are playing their first game. Sometimes me and my team beat them 51 to -1, and its probably their last time ever playing. I'm pretty sure I've made thousands of people quit Halo, and I'm truly sorry. Its not my fault though.

Having your own Rank is awesome, and I'd rather have to deal with Cheaters than Noobs that quit all day.

2) Being on a Leaderboard? Back in 2005, Bungie had a sick Leaderboard system right on the front of their website. This really gave people more to work at, especially the more competant fans. Through this Leaderboard, a community was born. If your name was on those boards, you were a LEGEND. I still remember names from the top of those boards, like Terry 15, st0ner 1, st0ner 2, Ogre 1, Ogre 2, Walshy, Saiyan, Dark Hunter, Air Ronin, Chaos Da Ninja... Names you guys probably wouldnt even know of.

3) And this is a big one, but the old CLAN SYSTEM. Back in the day we were blessed with a Clan System. The single greatest thing to ever happen to the Halo franchise. And was taken away for what good reason? This really gave people a belonging. I remember so many great clans I was apart of... The good times were endless. The luxury of being able to make a new clan and run ranked Clan match games with your good friends to see how well you can do is a lot of fun.

I don't need to go into these things anymore than I already have. These are simply the things that made the Halo community and kept everyone hooked. If you disagree, speak up. I'm not trying to come across as another one of those arrogant needy Halo fan... I just know what needs to be done, and this is me doing my part in hopes that somebody with power will come along and open their eyes.

PS: the last thing I heard was Bungie was removing the stats system.... Talk about another Halo let down!

• Like 5

1) so you want the ranking system back? Agreed.

2) Leaderboard doesn't really matter, just use halotracker.com or something similar or leaderboard stuff

(Most people here know of the famous MLG names)

3) Agreed, The Clan system was good, instead of having to change your name and waste money on a new GT, you could just be invited to join a clan, great idea in halo 2, should go back in.

I never heard Bungie were removing the stats system, Link?

• Like 1

These items are not what is crippling halo. Halo redefined the genre and lead the way for console fps'. But also in doing so it built an army of wannabes and competition. Halo has never truely evolved as other titles did. It is still the same core gameplay...same old story that sells short of every title, and still clings to a console only release. MW3 didnt sell a **** ton of games by doing the things that halo did. While you cannot compare the games equally, you can compare.drive, ambition and determination to.be the #1 fps title. Sadly....Halo has fallen short since Halo 2 with this.

These are some of the many problems halo has. Don't get me wrong i love halo and i have stuck with it ever since i was young. Just somethings from halo 1,2,3 were just fantastic and i loved them. IMO one think i thought hurt reach was armor abilities. They were awesome and all but something about them made them feel different and not needed. What i think they should bring back and keep is equipment and some of the favourite weapons like the halo 1 or 3 assault rife, the DMR and the BR, the halo 1 or 2 pistol, the needle rifle and the carbine, the plasma rife plasma canon, the needler and the plasma pistol, the grenade launcher and the halo 2 rocket launcher and the halo 3 spartan laser, DULE ENERGY SWORDS, the sniper rifle with night vision and you can have beam rifles and focus rifles, the SMG form halo 3, and ODST, the spiker and the other gun that was a brute shotgun. So a long story short bring back all the amasing classic weapons they will add variety and they will add more then you could imagin. The armor abilites should stay and they should bring back equipment, and bring back spike grenades and incinderary grenades OR being able to hold 4 OF EACH GRENADE (frag and plasma) unlike in halo reach where they made it so you can only start with 4 of each then you can only cary 2. Another thing they should add is design. I was playing halo reach yesterday and then when i flip a warthog i dont do anything it just flips. So if 343 would be so kind to add something so that it shows you fliping the warthog or fliping a vehicle in general make it look nice and smooth. Other additions would be hand to hand combat for ****s and giggles. Every time you start to fight with someone your immortal from anything else, and its all just a game on who could hit the correct buttons falling down the screen. Fair enough? The visuals of your character should also be used as stratagy to keep yourself alive. As the started in halo three you could see your oponents secondary weapon, so why not have keep that feature but use it for equipment and grenades (you can already see armor abilities in the back of your oponents). Another thing that would be a great addition is keeping some of the awesome and amasing game modes through out all of halo. Something like Invasion, Zombies, Arena and just give them a little boost to make them better. Another think that would be great is to have forge in halo 4. Something like forge world but bigger and better ;). Also i completely forgot vhehicles :D. There have been many amasing vehicles through out halo and having all of them back would be great. Thats all i wan't in halo 4, not much eh?

1) I agree the Ranking system should come back.

2) I don't see the Leaderboards having much impacted weather they add it or not. And who doesn't know the main MLG names you mentioned, most people here follow them just as much as you if not more!!

3) Defiantly agree that the clan system should come back, I felt the game made more reason for people to log on and play knowing you in a clan and always had people to play with and arrange matches.

sorry to burst your bubble but what you are suggesting is horrible and would be nearly impossible to balance........dual energy swords? 4 types of grenades, every weapon ( would like the BR back though) Sometimes less is more and those 2 examples would create an absolute mess.....8 grenades spamming etc.....totally agree with forge though.......want to see smaller areas to forge that are all a different setting with different style pieces.....

My 3 things that would make H4 successful....for me

• ranking system ^^^^^ totally agree.......along with ranked playlists.......as long as de ranking is worked on and quitting has big penalties in ranked.....
  • better forge options......smaller forge areas that are different settings etc.....mentioned above....the real reason though is so we have a greater variety of maps in Matchmaking.....mlg is boring for noobs to watch in reach as the maps aren't appealing........watch some H3 mlg.....much better......
  • streamline AA's.......only have them as pickups and sprint as default.......4 shot kill like H3 would be welcome for me too.......

Conker I would HIGHLY recommend reading these 2 threads as a lot of what you have said was discusssed in depth here and could slightly change your opinion on what halo 4 needs to be successful. Although I agree with your points, it isnt as simple as, "change it back to the halo 2 ranking system."

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5919-if-halo-4-has-the-same-ranking-system-as-reach/

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/4890-halo-4-ranking-system/

Who the hell wants to see a dual sword running around? hard enough getting rid of the kids who spam the hell outta it and make it a primary weapon they rush off to grab before someone else does..... me like alot of people dont even think about the sword let alone wanna use it!.... and talking about the nades! im happy with having 4 thank you very much... having more than that we will have a nade war every game! That's why they made custom games, go ahead and fight it out as much as u want but you cant have too many nades if you suggest we don't have enough as it is!!

you guys think alot like me for some reason...oh yea we are all real halo fans..lol

And sorry to say bud but you not the biggest fan here if you say you agree having a dual sword and more nades! If anything you more of a noob wanting such things and clearly will make the game even more noobish.... i mean come on how hard is it throwing a nade or swiping someone with a cheese fork??

Who the hell wants to see a dual sword running around? hard enough getting rid of the kids who spam the hell outta it and make it a primary weapon they rush off to grab before someone else does..... me like alot of people dont even think about the sword let alone wanna use it!.... and talking about the nades! im happy with having 4 thank you very much... having more than that we will have a nade war every game! That's why they made custom games, go ahead and fight it out as much as u want but you cant have too many nades if you suggest we don't have enough as it is!!

Um...yes i highly recommend many of these ideas to ONLY GO IN CUSTOM GAMES AS WELL AS FORGE

Nice OP here. Guys, for the record, If you like what someone has said before you and it is a massive body of text, just do a partial quote by eliminating most of it. Most do not need to quote the whole OP just to say you agree. This makes the threads very long and moree to scroll through. I have amended or deleted some of the quotes.

Not bad ideas but i dont see a desperate need for any sort of leaderboard. Everyone knows it will be hacked in a weeks time anyways. Also like many other people said, There is a lot more than 3 things needed to make this game successful. If anything only one of these is all that important(ranking system).