The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

How about friendly fire? I'm tired of getting betrayed and **** by retarded teamates, random teamate fire, or fail ass gernades. No bloom would be great. I was reading another post about no bloom and maybe introduce recoil to weapons like on battlefield 3. Or just keep the shooting the way it was in halo 3. Also most games don't allow you to customize your button layout. I think this would be a great advantage to gameplay. Make hit boxes better than halo reaches please! Swat players of halo reach know what I'm talkin about. I think you should be able to crouch when ever you want to so you can just hit your crouch button and you will crouch instead of having to have your left stick completely in the middle to crouch.

• Like 1

I had the Idea when I first started playing halo when I was ten. How come bungie just restricts u from the materials u use In forge I remember playing and my friend would rage quit kuz someone used all the killballs. This affects gameplay as much as the two thing we hate most lag and betrayal. WTF. If this game takes every single drop of proccesing in the xbox then they should at least get a milage out of the point that ur using everything u got

If u guys ever played mass effect u would want role play in halo 4

Halo 2-3 1-50 RANKS IN PLAYLISTS MUST BE BROUGHT BACK OR THIS GAME WILL FAIL LIKE HALO REACH.

343 has to be stupid to not bring this back.

They have brought the BR back, and that might bring a few players to halo again.

But thats not even enough to reach over 100,000 players online at once. Reach has.. what, 60-70k online at a time. Thats pathetic.

Halo 3 in its glory days had 400k. Because the game was GOOD. Even when it got old, it still had 150-200k online at once.

You know why ? its because PEOPLE STILL WANT TO GET THERE 50!

I dont wanna hear any bitching about how " Ooooo boosters boosters boosters ! " Or host booters! "

Who cares if someone boosts to there 50 ? In all honesty, if you got boosted to your 50, and YOU played and attributed to getting that 50, then your still good enough to have it ? Im sure they could tweek some stuff to make the boosters not AS affective as they were in H3.

The boosters dont bother me, I have a 50 in every playlist besides lonewolves. I know if people are good enough to have a 50 or not. And MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, when i play against a boosted 50, there the same as a regular one if not BETTER. That shouldent even be an issue into putting it back into the playlists. And for booters, the BANHAMMER will take care of that, and that never EVER happened to me to be honest, maybe 1 out of 100 games of MLG 50 high I would get booted. Im sure 343 could easily take care of that aswell.

Those are the 2 main arguments i hear about ranking system of 1-50.

And I just wrecked them , most people that whine and cry about it, dont even have any idea of what a 50 even is there probably like a 30 or something and went +1 against a 50 in Social slayer when they wasnt even trying and assumed they got " boosted ".

Booters a RARE occasion of running into one. And thats up to 343 to eliminate that, if they cant, then thats there flaw, not 1-50 ranking system.

Halos 1-50 system is what made that game UNIQUE and made people play it. Im not buying the game if there isnt a 1-50 Or something else like a 1-10. They need some type of a NUMBER to match people up effectively. I mean, seriously, its not as big of a deal as people make it.

I hated reach because of that, the teams are never even. Arena was a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOORRRR FAIL. That was stupid.

If there isnt a 1-50 Halo 4 will be the same as reach, sorry to inform all of you horny lil kids that wont be offended when someone makes fun of your staff captain rank. But thats no reason to take 1-50 out. There will be about 600k online first day of halo 4. And then after a few months, 200k, then 100k, then 50k just like reach. Mark it down. 1-50 FEEDS the competitive community which I might offer is probably bigger than the laid back kids. 1-50 = more money for 343... Any other arguments of 1-50, post it, Ill reason with it and wreck it to. 1-50 or garbage game. 343 can pick.

This guy is 110% right he said every single thing I've been saying! 1-50 or 343 will have not much sales when halo 5 comes out! No reach blows so why would u copy them?

• Like 1

What i want the most is a halo 3 style ranking system. Halo reach is so boring i cant even play it anymore. It take away the competative standpoint in halo. Infact mlg has stoped using halo reach in tournaments because they werent getting enough views from the fans. I found out that 343 is using halo reach ranking system with tweeks, but there wont be a 1-50 ranking system which has dissapointed many people in this forum. 343 even let pros play halo 4 and the pros complained about halo reach and the ranking system ane they also complained how halo 4 isnt competative. They explained how the perks and the maps fail to make the gamea team based game and the maps eliminate the team effort of map control. 343 should realize that halo reach is no longer in the mlg tournaments and should ajust there ranking system or maybe please both crouds and make a 1-50 ranking system for ranked playlist and use a halo reach for socail playlist just like halo 3 . Halo reach is only 3 years old and it only has 50000 players on. Halo 3 had a million at its prime, it is clear which game they should imitate, and they shouldnt shune the competive players to halo

I just mainly want this for Forge/Custom Games, since this is basically the only place you can put it.

I wish you can have to option to modify specific weapons. For example, In some games, you want people to have weapons that deal no damage, but be able to pick up weapons that do deal damage. Like lets say you would want to make a map like the hunger games mod from minecraft. Everybody starts off with a no-damage weapon, but can eventually damage people once they have picked up a different weapon.

Even better idea, start off with no weapons. No fail mod model where you look like you're carrying a invisible sword, just no weapon (like if you set the weapons trait to Primary and Secondary to none). If you can model the spartans standing straight, like a normal human being, thats cool too.

Speaking of no weapons, it'd be great if we had the option to use JUST our fists. That'd be AWESOME.

Thanks.

How about friendly fire? I'm tired of getting betrayed and **** by retarded teamates, random teamate fire, or fail ass gernades. No bloom would be great. I was reading another post about no bloom and maybe introduce recoil to weapons like on battlefield 3. Or just keep the shooting the way it was in halo 3. Also most games don't allow you to customize your button layout. I think this would be a great advantage to gameplay. Make hit boxes better than halo reaches please! Swat players of halo reach know what I'm talkin about. I think you should be able to crouch when ever you want to so you can just hit your crouch button and you will crouch instead of having to have your left stick completely in the middle to crouch.

I totally agree with your "No betrayal in matchmaking" idea. Also, you probably never noticed that in the past halo games you CAN toggle crouch. Its in the options menu under controls. OFF toggle crouch means u have to hold down left sick and ON is you just press once.

Nice idea on the "custom controls option" by the way.

Actually, Im just going to say everything.

Multiplayer

-Like everybody else, 1-50 Ranking system oike Halo 3.

I joined the Halo communtiy around the release of Halo 3 back in 2007. Ive also learned to respext all the Lv 50 5 Star Generals in Halo 3. All of them ive played with are around MLG level, and i respect that. Unlike Reach where most Inheritors suck d**k and act like a******s.

-Dual wielding

-Teamwork based gametypes

-DO NOT COPY REACH MATCHMAKING.

-An idea where you can have space battles. If anyone here has ever played Star Wars Battlefront, you know what I'm talking about. Basically, Like the mission "Long night of solace" on Reach but more Team vs Team

-No betrayal

Custom Games

-Unarmed option

-Fists as weapons

Forge

-Every vehicle in past Halo history (Elephant, shade, chopper, hornet, etc)

-Covenant/UNSC/Forerunner forge pieces (seperately)

-FFA Forge

-Bring back the option "only host can forge"

-For the love of GOD bring back Sandtrap and Sandbox

-Editable Weapon traits (weapon damage)

-Teleport option (If someone is helping you on a map, you die somehow and spawn REALLY far away, you can teleport to teammates in forge mode)

-

if there will be firefight it would be cool to fight against the flood :D though maybe the flood hasnt really got anything to do with halo 4...

but another thing, that you should be able to see int FPS in the vehicles, like an option atleast :D

• Like 1

What I want is for there to be a counter to promeathen vision like some technical ability called cloud. this would protect for being seen in promeathen vision but also prevent you from using it. so it would make players think like, should i go look for campers or protect myself from the guy that might be around the corner waiting with the scatter shot or sword,etc. i would also like the thruster pack to be able to go in all directions so people could use it an evade. also i hope that it can be used in mid-air like im prosuming master chief used it in the first trailer.......OH AND BATTLES IN SPACE LIKE IN REACH BUT FOR MULTIPLAYER SABER SPACE BATTLES!

I want a game winning kill. (They are already doing a weapon drop for so many kills, no matter how you look at it, that is a care package)

Also, do something about people cheating, like stealing host, that is not fun and annoying.

Bring back ranked playlists. (Halo 2 look but easier to rank up)

-- Only people with gold accounts that are a year or longer sould play ranked

Bring clans back, you don't need a seperate playlist

Halo 3's ranking system is by far the best way to rank players. I personally think that's going to be an essential aspect of Halo 4's multiplayer experience. I hate being close minded, but I'm just going to throw this out there, I will not play Halo 4 if the multiplayer/ranking system of it is even remotely similar to Halo: Reach. Reach is an insult to true Halo fans like myself.

You may not think my opinion means much, but I know the vast majority of competitive Halo players would agree. The true skill ranking system is the way to go. Competitive Halo players need a ranking system that gives them not only incentive to win, but to gain skill and progress as a player in order to progress in the ranks.

Halo: Reach was a disgrace to the Halo franchise. Please listen, this is my last plea! Heed my warning, I'm articulating and expressing the mutual feelings of thousands of Halo fans! Focus on what made Halo succesful with fans and kept them playing for hours and hours, for days on end. Forget about what made Halo: Reach successful in the "box office", because ultimatley happy Halo fans are the primary source of Halo's success!

Once again, I'm begging. The Halo community needs to be revitalized!!!

^Completely agreed

-- Coming from a very experienced Halo player, the best thing about the game is the balanced competitive leveling system. I'm not saying Halo 2 & 3 had excellent leveling systems, but they were damn good. Especially Halo 2 in my opinion. Halo: Reach is just sad. Please include a displayed leveling system, please.

-- I would also love to see a clan system, like Halo 2. Clans created the best teamwork, competition, rivalries, and good memories. Amazing times.

Dear mr 343 person i would like to suggest a dlc for any of the halo games where you play as a Mexican trying to run across the boarder the proposed name for this dlc is hola just halo rearranged, in this dlc i would like to see a few things; one a sombrero, two a poncho and three a guitar instead of a gun. thank you that is all :)

Please hear me out here. This game looks great, but it NEEDS the 1-50 ranking system. That's the one thing that I (and many, many others) want. I understand boosters/cheaters want to be prevented, but I'm going to explain why it's not such a bad thing anyway. The gameplay looks appealing enough, so it's going to sell like crazy opening day, but you want those purchases to last over the years with few returns just like H2, and H3.

1. There are far more legit, competitive players who work for their rank than boosters/cheaters.

2. Because of the ranking system, there is more of an incentive to play the game throughout the community. Yes, this is the same incentive that motivates boosters/cheaters. So whether they're there or not, the community will still play the game much longer without much decrease in the halo 4 community all because there is a reason to play.

3. The 1-50 system can be tweaked just like it was from H2 to H3, but still remain faithful to the trueskill type system. Maybe similar to BPR, but primarily the win/lose type ranking system. This will promote slightly more competitive players to form teams and go in as 4's so the single players don't get stuck with randoms/boosters/cheaters. I still play halo 3 as a random, but I have always felt inclined to make a team or something.

4. Throw in Social and Ranked. Easy as that. Social is for the players who preferred a reach-style ranking system, and ranked is obviously for more competitive players. There are just more pros to outweigh the cons in a 1-50 system. AND since we're on the topic of different playlist Categories, I would really like to see 3 categories, as followed: "Social" which would consist of the new halo 4 gameplay with all the new features, gametypes, etc. and it would play like Reach/H4 i guess? "Ranked" which would consist of a variety of playlists like "lone wolves, MLG, team slayer, snipers, etc." as well as a few new ones, WHILE still keeping the new H4 multiplayer options. And finally, a "Classic" category, which would consist of gametypes with NO loadouts, but still social-like games (maybe like "Classic Slayer" which would be 4v4 BR/AR start, weapons on map, etc, or "Classic Skirmish" which would be 4v4 BR start objective based games) and so on. Basically throw in a majority of H3 type social playlists with NO loadouts to fall under the "Classic" category.

I think, that with these 4 ideas, Halo fans can get the best of both worlds (nostalgic and new) and keep a vastly broadened community. Please please PLEASE hear me out on this idea, 343, as well as the community. I need an incentive to play the game, but would still like something new where I can have fun. I just didn't get any of that from Reach. I felt that i would waste 5-15 minutes in a game just to receive the same thing the other team just received. I don't want a game that shows who has more free time/plays more xbox that someone else. I expect to have something that can appeal to EVERYONE. H2 did it, H3 did it. Halo Reach just didn't appeal to everyone. It was seen more as a CoD knock-off, and no one is going to buy an off-brand CoD for $60 when they can go buy the real-deal CoD for just as much. This ranking system is going to make or break the game. As for the Multiplayer Categories, I would love to see what i talked about in (4.) so that EVERYONE can have it their way. Thank you, and please consider these options!

I want there to be a gametype with the launch of the game that has no radar, br start, almost like an mlg format, with a mash up of team slayer and objective games. It is so frustrating how it takes months to a year for this playlist to come out with all the past games. Please halo 4, release your game with this playlist! Does anyone know if this will happen?