My tips on becoming a decent artist.

DaveAtStateFarm

Well, some of you have seen my art video. And 3 or 4 of my drawings out of A MILLION! Here are MY tips on becoming a DECENT artist. If you don't under stand, I can easily process a YouTube video with more detail.

Simple stuff first!

1. Think of who you want (or what) you want to draw. Look at a few pictures. Use music or anything that helps you concentrate.Let's say you're drawing a Spartan. Start out with a decent Circle. But make sure a it's more of square near the top. And start shaping out the helmet AROUND and INSIDE the circle. Make two lines a few Centimeters from the helmet. 1 on one side, 1 on the other. Those will be the 'Thrusters' that chief used in the Halo 4 Teaser.

2. Now that we got the helmet(half way). Now we have to move on to the chest. Use those lines that you made next to the helmet,trace along those to form a 'triangle' point DOWN,big enough to LOOK like a chest. And rough it up a bit,make a neck coming from the helmet, Use a Square on each side of the V-shaped neck,then make a triangle under each Square. We have That Down, My next post,continueing this. Will have a picture of what this step looks like. I will continue if i get good feed back..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What this is called in the art world is the Cezanne method in which you start out with the most fundamental basic shapes, and begin to refine it from there. It's some solid advice and as an art student I can vouch that most (well versed) professors will refer you to utilizing this method from square one. Even if you are doing something abstract they recommend you start out like this and warp it from there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...