Make co-op campaign scale to include harder encounters

PureNomad

One change I'd really like to see included with 4 is a more scaled co-op mode, maybe even include the odd extra ai enemy that requires teamwork to beat. I guess it'd be like an hunter but much tougher so one player would need to attract its attention while the other attacks from behind. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Crawmarax encounter in Borderlands which was next to impossible to beat on 2nd playthrough solo depending on the class you picked.

Maybe even create an whole level exclusive to co-op where one member would have to clear respawning enemy while the other player runs through to activate spawn stopping terminals. Or a Maw like level that would be impossible without a team mate on the hog, wraith or scorpion.

That's already in use for Reach - as an example, the Elite Ultras and Majors you encounter on Winter Contingency, right before you take control of the first flatbed truck, can turn into Generals if you're playing Co-Op. It happens for most of the game's set pieces. Everyone seemed happy about that, so it'll probably carry over into the next game.

I would like to see enemies come in larger groups instead of just ranking up dependant on number of players. I suppose whether or not that happens is based more on engine limitations: it's easier for the game to create and control five Elite Generals than it is for twelve Elite Majors, even with reduced individual intelligence and model complexity (assuming of course that the models are indeed less complex).

I agree with some parts. I would like a tougher campaign on Co-Op but not something that is exclusively Co-op. But I like the idea of larger numbers and higher ranks and that stuff

Tougher Campaign. I Agree with. I've been through the Reach Campaign without dying a single time on my other profile, which I no longer have access to because it was hacked... amazingly. I don't even know how it happened.

But at any rate, I desire a harder campaign. One like Gears of War 3 where I actually die on occassion.

• 7 months later...

I think what they should do with Halo 5 is have a coop campaign that's completely separate from the main campaign. Like Spartan Ops, but a whole different story set during the same time as campaign.

I suppose so, but only if it is split screen co-op, not just something online.

But yeah, good idea :D

One change I'd really like to see included with 4 is a more scaled co-op mode, maybe even include the odd extra ai enemy that requires teamwork to beat. I guess it'd be like an hunter but much tougher so one player would need to attract its attention while the other attacks from behind. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the Crawmarax encounter in Borderlands which was next to impossible to beat on 2nd playthrough solo depending on the class you picked.

Maybe even create an whole level exclusive to co-op where one member would have to clear respawning enemy while the other player runs through to activate spawn stopping terminals. Or a Maw like level that would be impossible without a team mate on the hog, wraith or scorpion.

I've heard that they do make the game harder depending on how many players are playing (in previous halos) but nothing of which you speak. Sounds like something that should be done for spartan ops.

That's already in use for Reach - as an example, the Elite Ultras and Majors you encounter on Winter Contingency, right before you take control of the first flatbed truck, can turn into Generals if you're playing Co-Op. It happens for most of the game's set pieces. Everyone seemed happy about that, so it'll probably carry over into the next game.

Also if you die a lot by them they scale down slightly. I've seen three ultras turn into a minor, a major, and an ultra.