CEA Pre-order without pre-ordering???

QuinntinteranC

Actually I know quite a few people that got the pre order bonus w/out pre ordering. Now don't quote me on this, but as long as you get the codes, it should work just fine. I heard rumour that they embellished the pre order numbers a bit and thus there is an overstock of pre order anniversarys floating around and at this point I don't think walmart cares if you pre ordered or not, they just want the money, once again this is just a rumour I heard.

So I just bought halo cea, and it says it comes with the grunt funeral skull and avatar armor. So my question is, do I get the pre-order bonuses without actually pre-ordering?

'Cause if I did, then walmart is now my best friend.

:yahoo:

Yea they definitely overstocked on pre order games. I also got the pre order bonuses and I bought it from game stop a couple days after it released.

Actually I know quite a few people that got the pre order bonus w/out pre ordering. Now don't quote me on this, but as long as you get the codes, it should work just fine. I heard rumour that they embellished the pre order numbers a bit and thus there is an overstock of pre order anniversarys floating around and at this point I don't think walmart cares if you pre ordered or not, they just want the money, once again this is just a rumour I heard.

thats what happened to me once. The store must just have a bunch of them lying around so why not sell them?

The way pre-orders work is that you are supposed to get it the day it comes out. The reason you got the pre order stuff is because anything that was shipped the first day had it, they just had left overs.

If you ever get a game the same day it comes out, but don't have it preordered. Chances are you're gonna get the stuff.

Pre ordering only exists because they pretty much get your money months before the game even comes out! It's all about marketing, and a damn good one in my book.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I just bought halo cea, and it says it comes with the grunt funeral skull and avatar armor. So my question is, do I get the pre-order bonuses without actually pre-ordering?

'Cause if I did, then walmart is now my best friend.

:yahoo:

i got the stuuff too, usually not alot of people will pick up games at walmart on realaese day, pre order bonuses can ship with the game on release day and sit on the shelfs for a while....thats the reason why you got them