Reviews with Fishy: Volume 1

Fishy

Bi-weekly reviews with Fishy:

Volume 1 - Titanfall 2 (Campaign Only)

stnrSFY.gif

Starting something new for myself, game reviews. Tried it before, but now I'm actually going to go into it.

Most of these will feature new games, or Classics. Some of them you know, some of them you don't.

But that's the point right? See a peak of interest of something, and it just might make you consider.

Anyways, I am grading this game on a few things. The best score is 10/10 on a subject,

and a final score of will be given at the very end.

Titanfall 2 Released on October 28th, 2016.

Produced by Respawn Entertainment, published by Electronic Arts.

Titanfall 2 is a futuristic, Sci-Fi, First-Person shooter.

Story: 9/10

The story starts out as you (Jack Cooper) deployed on the field with your boss, shortly after deployment your team is slaughtered and you're wounded. Your boss' helps you out, and shortly after the drugs kick in, he meets his fate and the main antagonists appear. Soon after, you become a Pilot-in-training and are forced to take on the world by yourself with assistance of BT-7274, whom is now the Titan under your control and still adapting to human attributes.

Throughout the story, you accomplish many hard tasks, forcing you to be constantly moving. Staying still will only get you killed. Luckily, BT will be there to assist you as much as he can and you'll be grateful when he does. 

The only thing that would have gave this a 10/10, is if the bosses had more of a backstory than what little you heard. Instead of just you being there and they so happened to be there as well.

Replay Value: 4/10

Although as great as the campaign is, the replay value isn't really high. It's one of those games where when you beat it, it's like. "Now what?" It's breathtaking, and may be something highly considerable to play later on for a nostalgic feeling, but more than likely you're just going to discuss it among friends/others and talk about what you thought about it. 

Achievements don't help with replayability either, as if you're playing Master on your first playthrough, you're most likely nabbing every single achievement in the Campaign. Even if you're playing on Regular difficulty, you're just going to be missing the super easy multiplayer achievements and the campaign-difficulty completion one's.

Graphics: 9/10

Not the best graphics out there, but they do look really good for what you're getting in a Futuristic Sci-Fi shooter. I personally think Battlefield 1 has better graphics, but has smoother surfaces. Whereas Titanfall 2 has acceptable graphics, but unique textures. Also, almost every single building is diverse, as well as are every room. Copy and pastes are annoying, but acceptable at times as long as it's harder to notice, but this game just went with a huge "No, we're not doing that." Which was great, it really made the Campaign stand-out.

Combat: 3/10

Although it's rather easy for some players like myself, I do find it infurating at times where you have no idea what you're doing or what the gun you just picked up does. The only tips you get, is when you respawn. Even then it's only one tip, everything else is pretty much trial and error. For example, the CAR's description is "Low Recoil SMG" okay, what does that mean? It's a steady gun, that's about it. Yet it requires death to just respawn and read a few tips to be like "Huh, I wish I knew that before I used it." Because wall-running with it make it a really good gun, but nobody would have knew that if it didn't require a tip to tell you.

Combat-scenarios are great and exciting to see, but if every player has to learn how to use a new gun they picked up, then where's that going to get them in trying something new? It's not.

Final Score: 25/40

Percentage: 63%

Recommendation: Likely

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 4

Bi-weekly reviews with Fishy:

Volume 1 - Titanfall 2 (Campaign Only)

stnrSFY.gif

Starting something new for myself, game reviews. Tried it before, but now I'm actually going to go into it.

Most of these will feature new games, or Classics. Some of them you know, some of them you don't.

But that's the point right? See a peak of interest of something, and it just might make you consider.

Anyways, I am grading this game on a few things. The best score is 10/10 on a subject,

and a final score of will be given at the very end.

Titanfall 2 Released on October 28th, 2016.

Produced by Respawn Entertainment, published by Electronic Arts.

Titanfall 2 is a futuristic, Sci-Fi, First-Person shooter.

Story: 9/10

The story starts out as you (Jack Cooper) deployed on the field with your boss, shortly after deployment your team is slaughtered and you're wounded. Your boss' helps you out, and shortly after the drugs kick in, he meets his fate and the main antagonists appear. Soon after, you become a Pilot-in-training and are forced to take on the world by yourself with assistance of BT-7274, whom is now the Titan under your control and still adapting to human attributes.

Throughout the story, you accomplish many hard tasks, forcing you to be constantly moving. Staying still will only get you killed. Luckily, BT will be there to assist you as much as he can and you'll be grateful when he does. 

The only thing that would have gave this a 10/10, is if the bosses had more of a backstory than what little you heard. Instead of just you being there and they so happened to be there as well.

Replay Value: 4/10

Although as great as the campaign is, the replay value isn't really high. It's one of those games where when you beat it, it's like. "Now what?" It's breathtaking, and may be something highly considerable to play later on for a nostalgic feeling, but more than likely you're just going to discuss it among friends/others and talk about what you thought about it. 

Achievements don't help with replayability either, as if you're playing Master on your first playthrough, you're most likely nabbing every single achievement in the Campaign. Even if you're playing on Regular difficulty, you're just going to be missing the super easy multiplayer achievements and the campaign-difficulty completion one's.

Graphics: 9/10

Not the best graphics out there, but they do look really good for what you're getting in a Futuristic Sci-Fi shooter. I personally think Battlefield 1 has better graphics, but has smoother surfaces. Whereas Titanfall 2 has acceptable graphics, but unique textures. Also, almost every single building is diverse, as well as are every room. Copy and pastes are annoying, but acceptable at times as long as it's harder to notice, but this game just went with a huge "No, we're not doing that." Which was great, it really made the Campaign stand-out.

Combat: 3/10

Although it's rather easy for some players like myself, I do find it infurating at times where you have no idea what you're doing or what the gun you just picked up does. The only tips you get, is when you respawn. Even then it's only one tip, everything else is pretty much trial and error. For example, the CAR's description is "Low Recoil SMG" okay, what does that mean? It's a steady gun, that's about it. Yet it requires death to just respawn and read a few tips to be like "Huh, I wish I knew that before I used it." Because wall-running with it make it a really good gun, but nobody would have knew that if it didn't require a tip to tell you.

Combat-scenarios are great and exciting to see, but if every player has to learn how to use a new gun they picked up, then where's that going to get them in trying something new? It's not.

Final Score: 25/40

Percentage: 63%

Recommendation: Likely

I forgot this was campaign only so when I saw the combat score I was about to go into full nerd rage mode but then remembered multiplayer wasn't included. And although I think the score could be buffed up and your being too harsh I can see your points. Good review, I liked it and keep it up.

I forgot this was campaign only so when I saw the combat score I was about to go into full nerd rage mode but then remembered multiplayer wasn't included. And although I think the score could be buffed up and your being too harsh I can see your points. Good review, I liked it and keep it up.

I'm being a little harsh on Combat for how boring and annoying it can be at times as well as making my reasons clear enough to understand. 

Multiplayer, however. Isn't so bad, but it isn't so "New-player friendly" as it should be.

If I were to do the Campaign and Multiplayer score value, it would definitely have a way better rating than what I gave it. 

The replay value for Multiplayer is high, there's no rewards for doing it or achievements or accomplishments. It's just fun to play and that's how it should be. I could go on and on about how great this game is to its predecessor and how much more it accomplishes. 

Including multiplayer I'd give the game a high 90% with a "Don't pass this up" recommendation. 

• Like 1