3 things I always wanted in halo that never made it

popje

map terrain editor, bots and MOAR violence (the game is already mature so it doesnt matter)

map terrain editor: yeah ! I want to be able to decide if I want sand or grass, if I want to just make holes or mountains off the terrain, kinda like the farcry map editor.

bots in multiplayer, not firefight or anything, spartan bots, that you can switch their difficulty and they give medals when you kill them, should be ONLY for custom games.

more violence: hell yeah, a sword lunge should slice a spartan in half, rocket should literally explode a spartan, sniper bullets should make holes on the armor, any damage at all should do permanent damage on the armor (well until he die)

last thing that I wanted recently and im sure you guys tought about it, its the end game kill cam... please... that would be awesome

map terrain editor, bots and MOAR violence (the game is already mature so it doesnt matter)

map terrain editor: yeah ! I want to be able to decide if I want sand or grass, if I want to just make holes or mountains off the terrain, kinda like the farcry map editor.

bots in multiplayer, not firefight or anything, spartan bots, that you can switch their difficulty and they give medals when you kill them, should be ONLY for custom games.

more violence: hell yeah, a sword lunge should slice a spartan in half, rocket should literally explode a spartan, sniper bullets should make holes on the armor, any damage at all should do permanent damage on the armor (well until he die)

last thing that I wanted recently and im sure you guys tought about it, its the end game kill cam... please... that would be awesome

I don't like the idea of going all Gears of War on Halo, but the editing idea sounds fantastic!

As for the kill cam... It's best to let CoD keep that one. Halo does have a pretty nice theater setup already anyways.

I don't like the idea of going all Gears of War on Halo, but the editing idea sounds fantastic!

As for the kill cam... It's best to let CoD keep that one. Halo does have a pretty nice theater setup already anyways.

true, isnt there a limit of how big you're signature can be lol

One thing I've always wanted that Halo: Reach barely delivered: Space Combat. I'm not talking about Sabers or Longswords, I'm talking In Amber Clad and Ascendent Justice type of space combat. I have no idea how it would be feasible, but it would be something I would enjoy. Although, it would take some time for players to figure how to line up Archer Missile impacts with MAC gun rounds. :)

The space combat scenario is extremely feesable. You would basically just place a zero gravity script in an empty skybox and populate it with the stuff you need. For instance place Anchor 9 as a dock, and have the inside areas run a full gravity script. Those things we already see now on the map Anchor 9.

As for the vehicle part, it would take a lot of work to make those vehicles destructable to a useable level. Most of what we see in game assett wise, is all cutscene or scripted destruction. They would need to add in-between permutations to the models. Also, they would have to increase the FOV on 3rd person for the vehicle driver, and make sure that any passanger or turret seat is in 1st person. If turrets apply.

I have to say, this brings up another great invasion idea.....

2 teasm start out. 1 covie and 1 UNSC. Each start on board their native ships...AKA Covenant Capital ship and a oh lets say Saratoga.

Both teams start out on opposite sides of the map and both ships are unmanned driving wise. each team gets a driver to drive the ship, and the rest of the team mans cannons, flies out in sabres, seraphs, etc...

At one point, you could have pods that launch from the invading team that latch onto the ship, alla "boarding" the enemy vessel. Think of Halo 1 and 2 how the covenant board the orbita platforms. I think that would make a sweet scenario for Invasion gametypes!

true, isnt there a limit of how big you're signature can be lol

Yup

d) Signatures should not take up more room than your post.

Anyway on topic, too much violence in games does actually get them an AO rating which means that no game stores are willing to carry them and lots of countries would ban them. I don't know where they draw the line but I think it is somewhere around what you are asking for...

I like the armor damage idea and bots in custom games would be cool ... I have always wanted to see halo with hand to hand combat its always bothered me a little that you play as a genetically enhanced marine with all the training Spartans go through and you cant use hand to hand combat

agree but why would we fight with our hands when we got all the guns imaginable lol, when you're out of ammo on both guns ? , it happen to me like once every 30 games

Anyway on topic, too much violence in games does actually get them an AO rating which means that no game stores are willing to carry them and lots of countries would ban them. I don't know where they draw the line but I think it is somewhere around what you are asking for...

There a ton of ultra violent games that are mature, I think of Doom, Soldier of fortune, even duke nukem is mature. It would be hard to get a AO rating especially with spartans, no need naked spartan females :)

Yeah, AO ratings are usually for games with sexually explicit content. Not ultra-violence alone, unless the violence were considered extremely distasteful. But even that might not pass for an AO. Look at the "No Russian" mission in Black Ops. Hell, look at GTA. Cutting a Spartan in half is nothing. Especially since in Unreal Tournament 3, players blow up into bloody meaty chunks if you blast them with a powerful weapon...

I kinda hate the the idea of blowing a spartan to pieces or slicing him in half. Sounds far too much like Gears of War

Besides I kind of assumed that the spartan's armor held him together when hit by an explosive. An example would be the live action trailer for Halo: Reach where Kat get's hit by a banshee bomb and loses her arm. I would think no matter how traumatic the damage was on the body itself, the armor would keep you from being blown to pieces.

Hand to hand combat? Idkk.. I mean, we already can win no-ammo battles by meeling. Right? And I dont want a Kill-Cam. But would love to see a End of the Game Kill Game. But name it something different. Like : "Game Winning Kill". What do you guys think?

thats what I meant

I kinda hate the the idea of blowing a spartan to pieces or slicing him in half. Sounds far too much like Gears of War

Besides I kind of assumed that the spartan's armor held him together when hit by an explosive. An example would be the live action trailer for Halo: Reach where Kat get's hit by a banshee bomb and loses her arm. I would think no matter how traumatic the damage was on the body itself, the armor would keep you from being blown to pieces.

thats exactly what I was thinking, when shot by a rocket, the body inside is dismembered but you cant see it because the of the armor. but all the bullets actually need to go through the armor to hit the body, it doesnt bounce off the armor and do damage, you should at least be able to see bloody holes in the armor