Halo Combat Evolved and Anniversary Technical Help

Twinreaper

Do you think the co-op lag issue will be fixed soon? Or is it just me who receives it? And why is it happening?

I have been having the same issue where whoever is not the host has a controller delay of about maybe half a second to 1 second such as moving, looking or even shooting, anything to do with the controller. But whoever is the host has no problems. And I know it is not my connection or any of my friends. We know how to work our **** we don't just play, we game. This makes it close to impossible to play the game on live co-op which is one of the main reasons I even bought it. 343i please fix this. Twinreaper if it's not too much to ask can you please try live co-op as the 2nd player and give some advice. I don't understand how this game was even released with this issue. They obviously did not even test the live co-op. It's impossible to miss, especially if you know how it is supposed to play.

Ok i have got to the bottom of my troubles, the reason i cant update from the HCEA disc is that i had a new drive fitted a while back and its reading it as a error code " tampered with" thus wont allow to update either from disc or live. Back to the repair shop to try and correct this fault, which means i cant run any NEW games at all. ~pout~

P.s Thanks for the help/advice TwinReaper

I put in the fresh game and played for a few hours. I went to the store for some refreshments. While I was gone, a friend of mine that was still there started looking at the options. He enabled the 3d mode and now all I get is a blue screen. Does anyone have any idea how to turn this off. I have tried deleting my gamertag and re-downloading it, formatting my HDD, the only thing I can do is play on a different gamertag. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I tried a few times to remember the path, but no good. Can someone possibly post the directions to get to the option?

I put in the fresh game and played for a few hours. I went to the store for some refreshments. While I was gone, a friend of mine that was still there started looking at the options. He enabled the 3d mode and now all I get is a blue screen. Does anyone have any idea how to turn this off. I have tried deleting my gamertag and re-downloading it, formatting my HDD, the only thing I can do is play on a different gamertag. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I tried a few times to remember the path, but no good. Can someone possibly post the directions to get to the option?

At the main menu of the game click on the tab "Extras", now press the start button on your controller , click on "video", now you will see "3d mode", change it to

If you mean you have blue screen the whole time then here is the button combo to change it without being able to see lol.

Ok, start the game up and pick your save device. Press down on the D pad 3 times and press the A button. Next press start on your controller. Now down on the D pad 1 time and press the A button. Next is down on the D pad 3 times. now you are on the 3d mode tab, press Right on the D pad to change it to disabled and press the A button to accept the changes. You are finished and hopefully not seeing blue lol

Co-OP Lag Issues: Can't say I understand them completely. I only play Co-OP on local xbox so I have yet to see first hand for myself. From what I can gather, there has been a huge spike recently in "Upstream Bandwidth" not meeting Live's requirements. Check your overall connection in the networking section of the game when playing. I can almost guarantee that 100%, your upstream bandwidth is flagged red. Now from I know about Live, it has seen quite a significant update, and with servers changing hands to 343i, I have no doubt that there are still quite a few bugs being worked out. All I can recommend is to help this is to ensure port forwarding and using a manual defined IP address for the xbox. This will allow you to open NAT and a DMZ server field for a certain IP connected device...aka your Xbox. This will allow complete un-inhibited access to data in/out packets and reduce and latency experienced by having to work around built in firewalls and security.

Also, I don't want to come off as a **** or anything, but a lot of people simply don't understand basic networking issues. Having a good connection and playing multiplayer games is not as simple as just plugging in your xbox and connecting to Live. There is a myriad of things any serious gamer should do first and foremost to ensure he/she is having/getting the best connection possible. All too oftern people just power up a console, plug in an ethernet cable or connect to a wireless network....and have problems and don't understand why. Before doing any kind of serious gaming, please search google or whatever you like for these topics and how to do them...

1. Port Forwarding

2. Manual IP Defintions

3. DMZ server host

4. QOS settings

5. Difference between LAN and WLAN

I have experienced great lag last night. I live in NY and was hosting. My friend lives down in FL. We tried to play truth and recon but the lag was soo bad and unplayable we stopped.

This was the first time i experienced live co-op lag. When i played co-op with my other friend who also lives in NY about 20 minutes from me. There was no lag at all.

I set up both of my friends routers (Linksys WRT54GL). no wdrt or custom firmware installed. Just regular most up to date cisco firmware. Both exactly the same except for the IP address' obviously but my friend down in FL lags. I have both there xbox's set to DeMilitarized Zones so they have all open ports to them as well as port forwarding just incase. Quality of service is set as should with WMM support and what not. I had the same router and never had any online issues but now own a Linksys E4200 cause N wireless owns!

My friend in FL has Comcast cable connection. My friend and I have Cablevision here in NY. He has 15mb/s dl and 2mb/s up. I have 50mb/s dl and 9mb/s up. I am always the host obviously.

This is the only co-op/Xbox Live game that lags when i game with my friend down in FL.

Dont know if this info helps any Twinreaper but hopefully this situation will be rectified soon as we are patiently waiting...

I have a feeling it may be Cable providers chocking our connections. I think I said it before.....that some ISP's like to limit bandwidth slowly or use special loopholes to allow them to cut your service speeds under certain situations. My best guess is, a lot of cable companies are starting to block certain ports, specifically the ones used by the Live service for UDP and the console for TCP. This would pose a great lag issue, as the only way around it would be to force the console to use different ports...which we cannot do unless you have a dev kit or JTag 360.

This would explain why people who use bittorrent frequently, have no issues and achieve high DL/UL rates, yet when they load up a multiplayer game...LIve tells them their connection sucks. Perhaps a phone call or friendly e-mail is in order to COmcast and few other ISP's?

I have a feeling it may be Cable providers chocking our connections. I think I said it before.....that some ISP's like to limit bandwidth slowly or use special loopholes to allow them to cut your service speeds under certain situations. My best guess is, a lot of cable companies are starting to block certain ports, specifically the ones used by the Live service for UDP and the console for TCP. This would pose a great lag issue, as the only way around it would be to force the console to use different ports...which we cannot do unless you have a dev kit or JTag 360.

This would explain why people who use bittorrent frequently, have no issues and achieve high DL/UL rates, yet when they load up a multiplayer game...LIve tells them their connection sucks. Perhaps a phone call or friendly e-mail is in order to COmcast and few other ISP's?

they actually cant cut your service speeds because you are under a signed contract of that service. yes I know in fine print that they say speeds may vary but the FCC actually ruled in favor of the people saying filtering ISP service is not legal and unconstitutional. So this is obviuosly not the case here.

Especially since this is the only game for xbox that there is CO-OP Lag of this extremity. So therefore it has nothing to do with xbox live ports. If it was then there would be a lot more games having this issue.

Please revise...

About the white screen...

I had this problem after pausing the game. When I resume, the screen turned white and even after rebooting and reinstalling the game, the screen keeps white. The only thing I could identify is that this problem only happens when I start the game with my profile. If I start the game without being logged in my profile or with another profile, the game runs perfect, without white screen.

Should I change disk game or this will be resolved in a Update?

Tks!

It is definitely game specific guys. 343 released a game that still had MAJOR co op lag issues and they haven't even made a statement as to why. This tells me they are not going to fix the problem anytime soon but maybe thats because the problem cannot be fixed with an update. It is unfortunate to say the least but what can we do? We should search for reasons this is happening instead of writing it off as connection issues. I guarantee it has nothing to do with our internet speeds and so forth. It is an in game issue no doubt and I don't think it can be fixed because of the way they designed co op to trick your xbox in thinking its playing system link. I have my fingers crossed for a fix but I won't get my hopes up.

Revised.....I already explained what game engine specific components are the culprit for the lag. my additional isp information was added as an extra explanation for sone cases where clients might experience lag no matter what game they are playing. i ak quite aware of fcc rulings and they have no say into what specific ports a isp blocks. ports are not applications or communication as a whole, they are simply gateways for data to use and isp companies have every right to close off or disable certain ports from being used at any time they see fit. Hence why some hosting people cannot use port 8 0for their http traffic

Point is yet again......the Reach engine tunnels the co-op portikn of CEA the same way XBC or xlink kai does. Because it is tinneling it directly thru Live, there are inherent issues with the way Live handles the netcode that is being forwarded. A simple update alone will not fix this...unless that update comes in the form of a Live platform uodate. And i dont see microsoft reengineering Live to simply support CEA co-op

• Like 1

Nope, your screwed. Unfortunatly 343i did not include any other means besides using the voice recognition for the "analyze" feature. Also, make sure you have your headset unplugged. For some reason, if you are using a headset, you cannot use analyze mode with it plugged in.

Also, analyze mode does not work in split-screen co-op.

About the white screen...

I had this problem after pausing the game. When I resume, the screen turned white and even after rebooting and reinstalling the game, the screen keeps white. The only thing I could identify is that this problem only happens when I start the game with my profile. If I start the game without being logged in my profile or with another profile, the game runs perfect, without white screen.

Should I change disk game or this will be resolved in a Update?

Tks!

Sorry for that, but I haven't any answers for my problem. The warranty is ending and I yet don't know if I need to change disk game.

Tks again.

Nope, your screwed. Unfortunatly 343i did not include any other means besides using the voice recognition for the "analyze" feature. Also, make sure you have your headset unplugged. For some reason, if you are using a headset, you cannot use analyze mode with it plugged in.

Also, analyze mode does not work in split-screen co-op.

ok ill just change my locale thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem: Halo CEA won't play in 3D because the software is sending the wrong signal to my glasses ... and I tried another game on my xbox and it works just fine in 3D

it is a real led 3D tv not the fake red blue glasses

The game is rendering one lens but the other is just black

Xbox doesn't know why it's doing this

Problem: Halo CEA won't play in 3D because the software is sending the wrong signal to my glasses ... and I tried another game on my xbox and it works just fine in 3D

it is a real led 3D tv not the fake red blue glasses

The game is rendering one lens but the other is just black

Xbox doesn't know why it's doing this

If it's possible, could you get your hands on another disc and try that one?

It sounds like a small little glitch in the disc.

If that's not that solution and it works on other games, then I have absolutely no idea. o.o Sorry!

I think 343 needs to redo the classic playlist:

They need to edit the engine so the gameplay is almost IDENTICAL to Halo: CE. And take out bloom, I mean I know it doesnt effect the pistol, but just having to see it disgusts me. Also, they need to make the dmr into a br for the Halo 2 maps. It would make the Anniversary multiplayer... So much better and actually 'Classic'

I think 343 needs to redo the classic playlist:

They need to edit the engine so the gameplay is almost IDENTICAL to Halo: CE. And take out bloom, I mean I know it doesnt effect the pistol, but just having to see it disgusts me. Also, they need to make the dmr into a br for the Halo 2 maps. It would make the Anniversary multiplayer... So much better and actually 'Classic'

• Bloom was in CE, so there's no good reason to take it out.
  • They can not/will not add in a new weapon, nor change the skins of existing weapons.