Hunt The Truth Season 2 Discussion

BaconShelf

http://time.com/4039922/halo-hunt-for-the-truth/

TL;DR

It starts tomorrow (22/09/2015)

It's about FERO, not Petra

Shorter series, longer episodes

Luke Skywalker is in it (Mark Hamill is in the cast!)

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

Edited the topic title to be the official discussion for Hunt the Truth Season 2.

Season 2 is not what I expected at all. I was really looking forward to Petra's story but I'm not disappointed in the least that it follows FERO. 

So FERO's identity has been revealed.

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE BETRAYED BEN. Petra :(

343 surely knows how to make a compelling story I don't care about any complainers who think differently. Can't wait for the rest. :clap:

Well ONI has to be really doing some major

changes if they authorised a massacre of so called "civilians", or maybe that's lies.

As Drizzy said that surprised me too and I'm looking forward to learning more and

hopefully Petra is still alive

In reply to Drizzy

I listened to it while half asleep so maybe I missed a detail but I don't believe she betrayed Ben but rather help him push his ideal to further her plans. More along the lines of a "you were going to fail to begin with so I'll use as a stepping stone" kind of ordeal. Which for some reason seems less evil then it actually is

Well that was certainly a twist. Not entirely unexpected though.

But the things they did to keep it undercover... doesn't sit right with me.

Also this:

barcode.430e25fa.png

is on the tumblr page signed by Serin Osman. Does anyone know what it means? I thought it were blacked out words initially, but some of the lines are too thin to contain a word or even a single letter/number.

Well that was certainly a twist. Not entirely unexpected though.

But the things they did to keep it undercover... doesn't sit right with me.

Also this:

barcode.430e25fa.png

is on the tumblr page signed by Serin Osman. Does anyone know what it means? I thought it were blacked out words initially, but some of the lines are too thin to contain a word or even a single letter/number.

Probably a barcode of some sort but I can't imagine or have any clue what it is.

Or maybe its purely AESTHETIC 

Since this is the discussion thread spoilers should be expected....

Anyway now for my thoughts.....

:o wut.

So Fero screwed over Ben and now Petra is captured leaving the only loose end to be Fero, I mean the only way it can go from here is if Fero defects so that's probably what is going to happen later one in the series.

So, so far this series is not living up to by expectations, things are bleaker than I thought ( and that's not a negative thing ) I just expected the series to be about Petra, but it wasn't.

Midnight facility!

(Home to Cap. Daniel Clayton, that woman who let Jul escape SW Trevelyan and presumably (from the cast list) Mickey)

Exciting stuff.

Also unrelated but last light was cool.

• Like 2

Probably a barcode of some sort but I can't imagine or have any clue what it is.

Or maybe its purely AESTHETIC 

they've tried to decipher it on HA but nothing came up, it's most likely aesthetic 

NOTHING is purely aesthetic. Everything has a reason! CONSPIRACIES!!!

There is a new picture and new episode up right now: http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/tagged/s2

It was good but terrible at the same time to hear from Ben again. I hope he catches some redemption somewhere down the road. Sully was trying to help Ben stay away from falling into ONI's trap confirmed. I also don't like Black Box's voice. I expected it to be more robotic with an American accent and a little more narcissistic.

It was completely unexpected and so well done, the voice acting was just superb I could really feel Ben's pain.

Well done 343. :)

The voice acting this season is no joke. They're really doing a great job and i wonder if these will be coming out twice a week until Halo 5 or if they're just shifting from Tuesdays to Thursdays?

I'm disappointed there was no mention of Mickey or Clayton in Midnight.

But if this is set before the Spirit of Fire, then it's entirely possible that we'll be meeting him when she's undercover in the NCA.

I'm disappointed there was no mention of Mickey or Clayton in Midnight.

But if this is set before the Spirit of Fire, then it's entirely possible that we'll be meeting him when she's undercover in the NCA.

Wow I just went back to look and noticed we don't have a set date for that event! That's actually very exciting because it means they can place it anywhere. Even possibly at the end of Halo Wars 2

Wow I just went back to look and noticed we don't have a set date for that event! That's actually very exciting because it means they can place it anywhere. Even possibly at the end of Halo Wars 2

Simple maths dictates that it's somewhere around February to march of 2558 (8 months after Halo 4, 2 after Spartan Ops) as it directly follows the first story arc.

But we don't have a set date for the events of HuntTheTruth aside from 2558.

This beautiful message from Michael "Sully" Sullivan to CINCONI Serin Osman was just posted today on the Hunt the Truth Tumblr page:

tumblr_nvg4r2kO901uokpa1o1_1280.png

Personally I believe this was planned and was already coming before the commercial aired and that Lieutenant Boren may be playing a bigger role than we expected. If that isn't the case, I still strongly believe that 343 did not make a mistake on a commercial they rehearsed and planned. There's just no way.

Do you guys think 343 screwed up and are covering it up with an in-universe reason or that they've been planning this.

• Like 1

New episode is up: https://soundcloud.com/huntthetruth

Seems a Guardian had certainly appeared on Conrad's Point. Great to hear Ilsa Zane's name again. A lot of people thought she might've been FERO when she first appeared but now it seems she's been camped out with the NCA. A scary woman as always. News of John's death is still spreading.

Incredible voice acting with this season!

• Like 1

Both of these "mistakes" seem too intentional to be actual mistakes to me. How would they miss the mistake of Chief's death date while rehearsing, shooting AND editing. How could they possibly accidentally show a piece of script again like they did with Halo 4.

Either they are very very dumb or very very clever. Either way, risky campaigning.

• Like 1

I don't know if it was confirmed or not already but it can be assumed that Halo 5 starts before Season 2 of Hunt the Truth does. :)

Because I'm presuming Chief "dies" in the game. I mean, maybe he fakes his death or something?

Edited by Trainus The Ace