The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Announced!

Today, Bethesda and Zenimax announced that The Elder Scrolls Online will be coming to consoles free of charge with the new Tamriel Unlimited Edition!

If you don't remember, I did an article about a week back stating how Bethesda was hinting at the console versions of The Elder Scrolls Online being Free-To-Play, turns out, I was right. Today Bethesda announced over at PlayStation's YouTube.com (no word on the Xbox version yet) that the game will be launching this June 9th, earlier than expected, with the ability to play without a subscription fee. If you're wondering how much that saves you, consider the fact that the game costed $15 a month on top of your regular Xbox Live/PSN fee. As well, it has been decked out with a new white box art compared to the old standard version. Word on whether the PC version will be experiencing the free-to-play update is unknown, but likely, and same goes for the Xbox version, though both are nearly confirmed. Pre-orders for the Tamriel Unlimited Edition have not been updated yet, though I'll link them if they go up soon.

post-26953-0-48890100-1421873782_thumb.png

I'm quite pleased that Bethesda is doing this, though I can understand why PC players might feel that they've been used as scapegoats and beta testers for an unfinished and fee-ridden game. So if you feel that way, it's understandable, I won't argue, still great for console players though. What are your thoughts, will you be picking ESO up now? Let me know below, and thanks for reading!

By the way I wanna thank Yang Xiao Long for linking this to me!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

^

To answer that. :)

Its surprising free and unrestricted.

Here are the benefits of being an Elder scrolls online plus member ( subscribing )

•An allotment of crowns to spend in the new in-game Crown Store based on your membership period (more below)

•Access to all of ESO’s downloadable content (or DLC) game packs for the duration of your membership

•A 10% bonus to XP and gold gain, crafting research, and inspiration

Pretty worthless if you ask me.

• 1 month later...