The Kestrel

I_Make_Big_Boom

Here's an analysis of an interesting little vehicle...

The Kestrel VTOL

Now what is so special about this vehicle you ask? Well there's some surprising information...

1. The Kestrel was a vehicle that was cut during early stages of development in Halo: CE.

On Halopedia it is said, "Various pieces of concept art for the craft were shown in the Halo 2 Collector's Edition Disc, and the name Kestrel is also found in the Halo: Combat Evolved game code.".

640px-Kestrel_-_deletemat_%28textured%29

2. MegaBloks released a Halo Set featuring none other than the Kestrel. Many a Halo fan became hyped that it could show up in future games:

421px-Light_Assault_VTOL.jpg

3. THERE'S A NEW HALO GAME... well... it's nearly a Halo game... WITH THE KESTREL: Halo: Spartan Strike.

qjdpTVp.jpg

The dude previewing the game was asked if it could show up in Halo 5, and he said "Uhh I can't comment on that".

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT!!

• Like 6

I'd love to see this in game, but ONLY if the Revenant returns, it matches the power of that perfectly.

Mongoose = Ghost

Kestrel = Revenant

Warthog = ???

Hornet = Banshee

Mantis = ???

Can we get a counterpart to the Mantis? THATD BE SWEET

Halo Wars Locust maybe?

LocustHW.png

A Spectre from Halo 2 would also be a good fit for the Warthog. Maybe even the Prowler from Halo 3.

Halo-2-Spectre-Covenant-Vehicle-Screensh

prowler.jpg

• Like 1

If the Kestrel is not in Halo 5 then 343 are just being stupid. It will be quite interesting to see how it will be incorporated into Halo. Looking at it, I would say it is a Human version of the Ghost. Hopefully it will not be over powered like certain other vehicles in Halo.

The armor set from Mass Effect 2? I don't know, I thought the open mouth thing looked kinda weird. Don't think it'd fit Halo at all.

...Oh, you mean the hovercraft? Well then, yes, I'd like to see it. UNSC air has always been a bit of a problem for Halo. Halo 3 had the Hornet, which was such a freaking tank that it was never put in any official maps until the Legendary DLC came out with new Hornets that were super nerfed. Halo: Reach had the Falcon, which had no real offensive capabilities whatsoever and was only effective when used with a communicating team, which is uncommon.

Halo 4 just said "Screw it, bring in the Pelican with rockets and lasers!"

The Kestrel is the perfect balance for the Banshee. The Banshee is fast, nimble, but fragile. The Kestrel is of a similar design. So I really hope it's put in the game and well balanced, so we can see more air combat in the game.

But let's be real, we all know what Halo 5 needs: Pelicans and Phantoms.

• Like 2

The armor set from Mass Effect 2? I don't know, I thought the open mouth thing looked kinda weird. Don't think it'd fit Halo at all....Oh, you mean the hovercraft? Well then, yes, I'd like to see it. UNSC air has always been a bit of a problem for Halo. Halo 3 had the Hornet, which was such a freaking tank that it was never put in any official maps until the Legendary DLC came out with new Hornets that were super nerfed. Halo: Reach had the Falcon, which had no real offensive capabilities whatsoever and was only effective when used with a communicating team, which is uncommon.Halo 4 just said "Screw it, bring in the Pelican with rockets and lasers!"The Kestrel is the perfect balance for the Banshee. The Banshee is fast, nimble, but fragile. The Kestrel is of a similar design. So I really hope it's put in the game and well balanced, so we can see more air combat in the game.But let's be real, we all know what Halo 5 needs: Pelicans and Phantoms.

I know, we need more air vehicles in Halo! The banshee is the only drivable air vehicle in Halo 4. This would make a great counterpart for the banshee. As for the Pelican and Phantom, I hope they become drvable in Halo 5.

Bring on the air assault!!