Halo CE = No love?

Why does it seem that Halo CE does not get the Love that Halo 2 gets? Is it an age gap thing?

I have played all the Halo's to ever come out and in my opinion i think the Halo CE (Lan) Multiplayer is the best Halo Experience to date. Yet Halo 2 Gets all the love.

Am I the only one that is excited for Halo: CE Multiplayer?

More specifically am i the only one excited to play Halo : CE 16 Player CTF in Blood Gulch?

Chubbs

• Like 4

Oh, I'm really excited to play Halo: CE MP too. Never got the chance to really play 2 or 1 besides splitscreening 3 to 4 people a few years ago.

I also can't wait to have a warthog touch my toe as its going 1 MPH and die from it, that was always my favorite part of CE MP. Weightless, indestructible ghosts going a mile in the air because they bounce off warthogs.

Edited by rrhuntington

I like both CE and 2 so I'm glad that its multiplayer is returning in Halo: MCC. It would be nice if 343 could take the Halo Anniversary maps that were previously played on the Halo: Reach engine and make them playable in Halo: MCC. It probably won't happen though because it would be too much work to make a H2A engine and a CEA engine. It doesn't matter too much though since we get the original maps. :)

H:CE, will forever be the greatest Halo out of them all. The skill gap was lightyears apart. Halo 2, still had a skill gap with the weapon glitches, which should never ever be removed. Halo 1 and Halo 2 glitches made you have to master the game to be on par with good players. Every Halo post H2 was ruined by incorporating other developers innovations. I don't care what anyone says, if you even throw Halo 3 into the category with the first two, you're ignorant. 

343 need to go right back to Halo: CE, and Halo 2. Go back to the roots that made the franchise the monster it was. Stop incorporating stupid additives.

/rant. lol

Yes of course its the entire reason I will be buying an Xbox one just for Halo CE being on XBL for the first time, the reason is because no one knew about being able to play halo ce online through xbconnect or GameSpy arcade back in the day. At least now people will be able to play ce on live for the first time and see what they were missing rather they say they like one thing better without ever having tried the other.

• 2 weeks later...

This is all opinion-based. I love Halo: CE and Halo 2, but more of the hype is going to Halo 2 because it's being remastered. Halo: CE was already remastered back in 2011 and it was great, but Halo 2 still hasn't. Halo: CE will be returning to Halo: MCC, but it's not as big as a deal as Halo 2: Anniversary will be. I'm sure everyone still loves Halo: CE, but it's time for Halo 2 to be remastered and that is one of the reasons many people will be buying Halo: MCC in first place.

• Like 1