Ask The Director 2.0

Recently I made a friend from Japan, my question is.. why does she love blonde hair so much?

Also.. how many Poprocks candy could you put in your mouth without spitting them back out? :3 (Tested by my friend and I, personally I got 3 packs worth in.. but the popping would NOT stop, lol.)

Mr. Director. What's my favorite color? Do you remember!?  :turned:

No I don't, but if I had to guess I'd say purple.

Recently I made a friend from Japan, my question is.. why does she love blonde hair so much?

Also.. how many Poprocks candy could you put in your mouth without spitting them back out? :3 (Tested by my friend and I, personally I got 3 packs worth in.. but the popping would NOT stop, lol.)

Probably because it's difficult for blonde hair to be natural in Japan due to the dark haired genetic trait being so prominent. Plus blonde hair can easily be dyed any other color.

I've got 8 bags of poprocks into my mout at once before, with a swig of coke. That didn't end well.

• Like 3

Would most men consider a thin slimmed girl to be more attractive than one who was a bit fatter? How do men decide what makes a woman beautiful or not?

Is it true that men 'check out' women in public? Even if they are with their boyfriends?

Would most men consider a thin slimmed girl to be more attractive than one who was a bit fatter? How do men decide what makes a woman beautiful or not?

Is it true that men 'check out' women in public? Even if they are with their boyfriends?

That's not something that's specific to only one gender, but it is a stereotype. There are men who find skinny girls more attractive, medium weighted women more attractive, or even heavy set women more attractive. There are men who even find super sized women attractive. On that same token, there are women who prefer skinny men, women who find medium weighted men more attractive, and even women who are into heavy set men. Attraction is something that is completely based upon each individual.  Two men can be looking at two women with similar body types and facial structures but each prefer a different woman based on the smallest details. Basically every man and woman is beautiful to somebody.

That doesn't even take personality into account, which is surprisingly important when it comes to attraction. You can find someone unbelievably attractive but then find out they are also unbelievably annoying and immediately not want anything to do with them.

Yes, there are men who check women out even when those women are with their boyfriends. There are men who check women out while they are with their girlfriends, even. There are women who do the same thing, though. My wife has actually caught a woman staring at my butt while we were waiting in line at the movies, and the woman was actually holding her boyfriend's hand at the time.

I think something like 1/4th-1/3rd of normal, everyday women are more attractive to me than the standard, skinny model type. 

What TD said about small features making a big difference is true, I've been attracted to derpy looking girls because I thought their small nose and voice were cute. 

Here's my question: 

What's the best way to improve one's lack of common sense? 

Would you say having 2 children, each 1 year apart, to be a good idea when starting a family? 

Edited by Delpen9

I think something like 1/4th-1/3rd of normal, everyday women are more attractive to me than the standard, skinny model type. 

What TD said about small features making a big difference is true, I've been attracted to derpy looking girls because I thought their small nose and voice were cute. 

Here's my question: 

What's the best way to improve one's lack of common sense? 

Would you say having 2 children, each 1 year apart, to be a good idea when starting a family? 

There kind of isn't a way to improve your own common sense. You're either in tune with social logic or you're not lol

Well it's not a bad idea on it's own, but it depends on a ton of different variables. Financial stability, what type of home you have, etcetera are all factors in play here.

Not sure if this was asked already, but what did you think of E3 2016?

I got hyped over the skyrim remaster and the FF7 remake. Also project scorpio looked awesome, but kind of to good to be true. Halo Wars 2 will probably be cool. Other than that I didn't really pay attention.

Why am I nervous around people I like? (Not a dating question, in more of a general sense)

Also..

Why was my hair a golden blonde as child, but now is a light brown? Can you explain why hair changes color? (I'd really like to know this.. sorry if it's a dumb question..)

So if I'm a natural blonde, would it make a difference when I have children? (How would they inherit my genes for my hair color? Would their's eventually turn brown as well if the father had brown hair?)

:hide: ?

Edited by Melody

Why do men seem to tougher on their sons when they're outside working?

Most of my friends say their dads yell and get angry at them when they're helping with work outside.

Is there a good chance I'll end up this way when I'm my dad's age?

Why is it that at work I'm doing fine and getting done what's expected of me, but when I'm working with my dad, nothing I do is ever right?

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be an Ask The Director 3.0, and if so when will the first expansion be released post-launch?

Maybe, but it's still a long ways off. The only reason for the 2.0 is because I had no extra time at all to answer any questions, having to leave questions unanswered for months and months at a time. So instead of necromancing the thread I just made a new one.

Why am I nervous around people I like? (Not a dating question, in more of a general sense)

Also..

Why was my hair a golden blonde as child, but now is a light brown? Can you explain why hair changes color? (I'd really like to know this.. sorry if it's a dumb question..)

So if I'm a natural blonde, would it make a difference when I have children? (How would they inherit my genes for my hair color? Would their's eventually turn brown as well if the father had brown hair?)

:hide: ?

Being nervous around people that you like is a normal reaction to the fear of driving said people away.

Hair generally darkens or lightens with age based upon your genetics and environmental factors. Yours darkened which means that either you have darker haired relatives or that you simply don't get enough sun for it to remain light. Yes, your hair color could indeed effect the hair color of your children, but their hair color may also darken with age. It can also go the other way by starting off brunette and turning into a dark shade of blonde.

Why do men seem to tougher on their sons when they're outside working?

Most of my friends say their dads yell and get angry at them when they're helping with work outside.

Is there a good chance I'll end up this way when I'm my dad's age?

Why is it that at work I'm doing fine and getting done what's expected of me, but when I'm working with my dad, nothing I do is ever right?

Depends on the men, but the primary reason for the 'harshness' would be due to the high expectations that one has for their own flesh and blood. They expect their sons to know how to do what needs to be done properly and get frustrated at both themselves and their sons when that doesn't happen.

That depends on you. If you are aware of the situation than you can damper your expectations and possibly avoid this type of behavior.

Why does the site keep going offline? I'm just curious since it's gone offline twice in two days

There were some issues with the server side of the site, but they are resolved now. I am assured of this.

• Like 1

Mr. Director,

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

lol jk

really though 3 questions

who is the secret thought to be cameo in star wars episode 6? (hint: he is an old clone trooper)

and

who is the last surviving clone trooper from star wars and star wars the clone wars that has survived all the way to star wars the force awakens and how did he survive?

Mr. Director,

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

lol jk

really though 3 questions

who is the secret thought to be cameo in star wars episode 6? (hint: he is an old clone trooper)

and

who is the last surviving clone trooper from star wars and star wars the clone wars that has survived all the way to star wars the force awakens and how did he survive?

364 licks on average

Nik Sant is not Captain Rex.

Jaing Skirata could be, due to Ko Sai's data.

• Like 1

How are women so good at appearing disinterested - ignoring the situations where they ACTUALLY ARE disinterested - when they're actually not?

I couldn't do it if I tried.

Secondly, do you think my writing style isn't suited for a forum like this?

How are women so good at appearing disinterested - ignoring the situations where they ACTUALLY ARE disinterested - when they're actually not?

Depends on the women, not all of us do that. lol. I would assume it has something to do with ignoring guys in general. :P

Question: How good are you at Halo?

Q1: I'd like to know what you can figure out about a...strange occurence. I'm 20, but I still look and sound like I'm maybe 13 or so. It isn't a particularly rare occurrence in the general population nor will it be a bad thing later in life, but it gets in the way right now so I'm curious about it. I imagine there are innumerable causes, but I am interested in what you put forward.

Q2: This is the most important question. Purely hypothetical. Lets say you directed, but I failed to act. What would be the consequences?

Side Note: I would never disobey a direct order. Sir. :3

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa

Some are and some aren't. If a woman is appearing disinterested but is actually interested, usually she gives you clues as to her interest. Then you both play the game of romance, wherein you attempt to woo her and she sees how much you'll do to do so. If you aren't willing to play that game, though, there are women who also do not want to play that game that you should seek out. You should, however, avoid being 'creepy' in any way. You should avoid being overly affectionate, overly attentive (i.e. stalking), and attempting to be in constant contact (i.e. spamming). Remember, interest is not the same as consent in any way. Sometimes it's effective to counter this game by playing hard to get yourself.

There are also women who have been through some type of trauma and feel the need to be distant or appear disinterested even though they are interested. If you find yourself 'falling' for a woman who feels this way, patience is paramount.

Depends on the women, not all of us do that. lol. I would assume it has something to do with ignoring guys in general. :P

Question: How good are you at Halo?

Depends on the game, day, and who I'm playing with or against. lol

I'm fairly competent at Swat and Snipers, but find myself impatient with normal gametypes that require entire clips to drop enemies.

Q1: I'd like to know what you can figure out about a...strange occurence. I'm 20, but I still look and sound like I'm maybe 13 or so. It isn't a particularly rare occurrence in the general population nor will it be a bad thing later in life, but it gets in the way right now so I'm curious about it. I imagine there are innumerable causes, but I am interested in what you put forward.

Q2: This is the most important question. Purely hypothetical. Lets say you directed, but I failed to act. What would be the consequences?

Side Note: I would never disobey a direct order. Sir. :3

1. Primarily genetics. You have genes that make you look younger than most, that's all. I actually had the same thing going on for quite some time. Height is also a bit of a factor, but again that boils down to genetics in most cases.

2. That's not how my directions work. If I tell you to do something and you do not do it, it's because I don't want you to do it. I intentionally make a weak case as to why you should do something, while making the case just strong enough that you do not suspect that that is what I'm doing. Nobody has ever failed to do what I wanted them to do.

• Like 1

2. That's not how my directions work. If I tell you to do something and you do not do it, it's because I don't want you to do it. I intentionally make a weak case as to why you should do something, while making the case just strong enough that you do not suspect that that is what I'm doing. Nobody has ever failed to do what I wanted them to do.

That was brilliant I laughed IRL