Ask The Director 2.0

How much would a pumpkin weigh if it were made of solid gold?

At what altitude can a Eagle soar? Also, how fast can they descend when diving?

What are 3 of the most known soft drinks in the world?

What is the most poisonous spider in the world and how many people are killed each year by it? Also why are spiders so creepy looking?

Statistically speaking, which flavor of bubblegum most likely has the longest lasting flavor?

Why was Leonardo Da Vinci considered 'Ahead of his time?' ?

Out of all of the colors in the world, which one is the most recognizable to humans during the morning?

Which animal(s) has the ability to breathe underwater and air?

Will humans ever be able to breathe o2 trapped underwater as a method of breathing underwater without scuba gear?

How much would a pumpkin weigh if it were made of solid gold?

At what altitude can a Eagle soar? Also, how fast can they descend when diving?

What are 3 of the most known soft drinks in the world?

What is the most poisonous spider in the world and how many people are killed each year by it? Also why are spiders so creepy looking?

Statistically speaking, which flavor of bubblegum most likely has the longest lasting flavor?

Why was Leonardo Da Vinci considered 'Ahead of his time?' ?

Out of all of the colors in the world, which one is the most recognizable to humans during the morning?

Which animal(s) has the ability to breathe underwater and air?

Will humans ever be able to breathe o2 trapped underwater as a method of breathing underwater without scuba gear?

1. Between 160 and 200 lbs, assuming it wasn't hollow. Maybe around 20 lbs if it were hollow.

2. Up to 10000 feet, and up to 100 miles per hour.

3. Coca Cola Classic, Diet Coke, and Pepsi.

4. Well, spiders aren't poisonous, they're venomous. The most venomous spider is the male Sydney funnel-web spider, and it actually holds the world record for it.

5. Original.

6. Because people are annoying and use broken metaphors and similes to describe things. Also because he had created several rudimentary designs for several objects that couldn't be created at the time because engineering had not yet caught up to the theoretical science behind the designs.

7. Yellow is the most noticeable color every time of day.

8. Several amphibians can, but the most notable is the lungfish.

9. Well sure, O2 trapped underwater can be breathed by anything with lungs. If you meant IN the water, though, then not without severe genetic manipulation on our part. We are close to scuba gear that can do it though.

Why is human resources such a boring subject to learn?

Because you don't find it interesting. 'Boring' is completely relative to the individual experiencing it, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you have against Lenny? And completely unrelated, do you have any tips for packing up stuff and getting ready to move in one day?

Lenny is dead. Caboose murdered him.

Packing in one day is pretty easy if you sort everything that you're packing. That way you spend less time wondering where you should put something. It's also fine to make more than one trip. Smaller items should be the first ones to go to your new place, and then the big items.

Why?

Because.

What are some of the rarest animals in the world?

Why do people think it's okay to scare someone in a unexpected fashion?

Sumatran Rhino, Florida Panther, and White Lions are some examples of super-rare animals.

People think it's okay because it's a generally harmless form of practical joking. Startling someone can happen accidentally rather easily as well.

Why are poisonous animals not affected by their own poisons?

Because they generally don't eat themselves.

Have you played a game called Serious Sam, and if so, did you hear they cancelled the 4th one, to make the 5th one?

I have played Serious Sam, but didn't enjoy it much so I don't much pay attention to news concerning it. Just wasn't my kind of game.

HHey Director! Can you help me get in touch with someone at 343 industries. 343 took 140k req points and i never recived my memories of reach req pack. it simply would not open it and then it just dissapperared all together. Hopefully someone of importance at 343 can see this.

Help Director i was robbed by 343. i need contact info. some who can get me my req points back or memrioes of reach pack that i never Recived!!!!!!

What are your thoughts on AT&T buying DIRECTV? I am not really informed about this that much.

It's primarily in response to Time Warner being bought by Comcast. It is as close to competition that telecom companies get to. Basically, they want each other to agree to locked prices for their customers so that they won't be in direct competition price wise, and can make a fortune without having to worry about cutting their prices lower than their competitors.

It's some bull, basically.

HHey Director! Can you help me get in touch with someone at 343 industries. 343 took 140k req points and i never recived my memories of reach req pack. it simply would not open it and then it just dissapperared all together. Hopefully someone of importance at 343 can see this.

Help Director i was robbed by 343. i need contact info. some who can get me my req points back or memrioes of reach pack that i never Recived!!!!!!

343i doesn't have public-facing contact info with the exception of social media and internet forums. If you were sent here by Microsoft Support, they were wrong. You can message some of the top 343i employees on Twitter, but they'll usually ignore you. Try posting on halowaypoint.com, as that's the official 343i run website.

How much should I be able to lift for bench press and squats to be stronger than the probable majority of the others in Marine boot camp? I don't just want to be a typical Marine, I want to be a really good Marine.

Lift strength isn't much in the USMC, unless you're going into artillery. If you can do more than 4 pullups, 200 situps, and run 3 miles in under 20 minutes you'll be good better than most.

What was the most ridiculous thing you've purchased in your life? 

Destiny. I returned it though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on> Forge: Halo 5 Edition?

Considering the title, do you think there will be more then one Forge game for windows 10 in the future? The Halo series will be around in my early thirties you know.

Same, and yes I do think there will be. Forge is one of the most popular features of Halo, and one of the biggest reasons it's kept it's edge against other first person shooters. I'm willing to bet that there will be a Halo 6 Edition within a year of the release of Halo 6.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the meaning of life? How do we know the life we live is real or not?

What would likely happen if the United States was hit with a nuclear attack?

What if zombies were real? :P

Why can't I do things without being judged by others?

Why do some people have no feelings whatsoever? (At least don't express them)

Why don't you like Pandas?

What are your feelings for Role Playing Games?

Have you ever Cosplayed before? If so what did you cosplay as? If not, what would you cosplay as?

What is the meaning of life? How do we know the life we live is real or not?

What would likely happen if the United States was hit with a nuclear attack?

What if zombies were real? :P

Why can't I do things without being judged by others?

Why do some people have no feelings whatsoever? (At least don't express them)

Why don't you like Pandas?

What are your feelings for Role Playing Games?

Have you ever Cosplayed before? If so what did you cosplay as? If not, what would you cosplay as?

Life: [noun] the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death. As far as knowing whether our life is real or not, I would refer you to the philosopher Rene Descartes, who when faced with a similar conundrum stated, "je pense, donc je suis" or "I think, therefor I am." Basically, if it is real to you then it is as real as can be to you. No other perspective matters than your own when it comes to the reality of your own existence.

The United States would immediately retaliate against any and all nations who could/would potentially attack us with nuclear weapons, assuming that we cannot immediately confirm who attacked us. So basically, if Russia used nukes against the US and the US couldn't immediately prove it was Russia, the US would use nukes on any nation that had the motive and means to use nukes against the US. This would include China, Russia, Pakistan, and North Korea at the moment. This would significantly degrade the quality of life for nearly every living being on the planet. This nuclear strategy is shared by every Nuclear Superpower, and has been coined Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

If zombies were real then you would have had to kill one at some point or another. As would nearly everyone who lives near where zombies exist. Especially so if zombification happens at the time of death regardless of a bite/scratch/etc. from another zombie.

That is the nature of a society. The judgement of others is a social motivation mechanism that helps prevent you from doing things that are 'socially unacceptable'. These things may seem minor at first glance, but bear in mind they include murder, rape, and theft. If there were no judgement from your peers, then doing these things would be socially acceptable and likely commonplace. 

Everyone has feelings, but most people feel differently about different things. Even complete sociopaths have feelings, but their feelings vary wildly from what is considered 'normal' to feel. For some the showing of feelings is more difficult than others because of social factors or the way they were raised. There are also psychological implications at play that determine what someone feels, how they feel it, and how they express those feelings. 

I do like pandas. About as much as is normal to, at least. I'm not a super-fan or anything like that, but they are amusing to watch. Here's a livestream: http://en.ipanda.com/live/chengdu/08/

It depends entirely on the RPG. Some of them I absolutely adore, others I abhor. It basically boils down to gameplay and the level of immersion that I can get out of the games. For instance, I like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim but hate The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion because the graphics in Skyrim are more immersive than the comparatively cartoonish graphics of Oblivion. Skyrim's gameplay is more fluid, the missions are more interesting, and you are actually the hero of the tale rather than the overworked sidekick.

I have not cosplayed before, and I don't ever plan on doing so. I would not dress up as anyone other than myself or something that at a stretch could be me. 

So I've forgotten how to set gifs as profile pictures... How does one do this again? :P

First the gif has to be the proper size, and you have to do that yourself. You can use http://ezgif.com/resizeor another such site. Once it's the proper size all you've gotta do is save it to your computer and upload it. Then it should work.