Ask The Director 2.0

So I have a small problem, I own a drawing tablet I use for my artwork on an art website. I'm using a program called 'Paint tool Sai' and I'm having trouble saving it in a format that can transfer to my laptop. I ask you this because it hasn't done this to me since I purchased the new graphic tablet. It's a Wacom Intuos4 XL DTP Edition A3 Graphics Tablet.

What is the best way to react to sudden accidents while working? To make things worse, you have your always angry boss watching you and he expects you to come up with a solution within 3 seconds. 

Immediately begin correcting the accident, unless you are injured then your immediate response should be to seek first aid. If your boss doesn't want you to clean it up they'll let you know. While you are cleaning, try to think of a way to prevent said accident from happening again. When your boss asks why or how it happened, tell him the exact reason and the solution you've come up with. That should lessen the anger.

Why does it hurt when you clean out a wound with soap (or other methods such as peroxide)? One would think since you're cleaning it, it would do the opposite of hurt...

Any interaction with a wound can cause the wound to worsen (according to your body), which is why it hurts. As far as soap and peroxide, those kill bacteria AND some of your cells. That's what causes the pain, not simply an auto-pain reaction to an interaction with your wound.

What is 343 industrie's email?

We're a community forum, meaning run by the community for the community. Nobody here is paid by 343i or Microsoft. Or at all for that matter.

Don't worry, you're not the first one to ask. As a matter of fact Microsoft Support has been known to send people to us who are having issues with Halo because they're lazy and just google/bing "343i"

If you want to suggest changes to Halo 5 you'll need to create a thread on www.halowaypoint.com (the site and forum run by 343i)

If you're having trouble with any Halo title we can probably help you fix it.

If you want to discuss your ideas for Halo 5 (or future releases) with the community then go ahead and create a thread here and people will let you know what they think.

I'm also including this response in the PM you sent me, to make sure you see it.

• Like 1

What's the best way to cope up with someone's death? 

Everyone has different coping mechanisms that work/don't work for them. There isn't really a 'normal' method of grieving either, and some people grieve longer than others.

Typically though, the healthiest form of grieving is allowing yourself to go through the five stages of grieving. You won't necessarily go through them in this order, and each stage may last longer or shorter depending on your personality, and you might not even go through all of them. 

1. Denial - This is usually the first and most common stage of grief. Some people skip this stage, but the majority of people feel as if the event is too harsh to have actually happened. "No, they can't be dead!"

2. Anger - Everyone feels angry at some point or another, but the anger you feel is different with grief. You assign blame to people regardless of whether or not they were at fault, you feel angry at yourself for not spending more time with the deceased, or you just snap at random things.

3. Bargaining - This is usually when people turn to their respective deities. You try to 'buy' back the person's life. Or you try to find a way to reverse the process of death. It sounds dumb, but it's perfectly normal. Some people skip this entirely though.

4. Depression - Everyone goes through this at some point in their life, but with grief it is a tad different as well. The depression in this case usually can't be gotten rid of by something as simple as an ice cream cone though. This is the hardest stage to work through for most people, but at the end of it the result is...

5. Acceptance - Once you reach this stage, you are at peace with the loss. You are able to go through your life without feeling as if it's over anymore. You will still grieve from time to time, and you'll be sad about your loss whenever you're reminded of it, but you'll be able to continue living.

• Like 1

Nice! I remember learning that at school but you explained it better than my teacher did :D This is my new favorite thread. Next question.....

How does one lessen procrastination?   

That's literally all about willpower. You can try some psychological tricks though, but again it requires an actual will to do better.

Pavlovian Response

The way this works is that you have to will yourself to do whatever project you need to do without procrastinating. When you complete it early, simply reward yourself with something that you do not normally get. When you DO procrastinate, do something that you hate doing to punish yourself.

The "Making Plans" Trick

Whenever you have a project due at a certain date, make plans for the due date and the day prior. Then you're pushing your 'due date' closer pretty much forcing you to do the project early. The better the plans are (i.e. date with a hotty) the better this works.

• Like 1

How does one succeed in life? 

That depends entirely on what one wants out of life, and even then it depends on the individual involved.

For instance, a man who's born rich and handsome will have an easier time of completing the life-goal of becoming even richer than a man who's born ugly and poor will have completing the life-goal of marrying a super-model.

I'm serious, who is your favorite Sesame Street Character?

And is it theoretically possible to fall up?

Could Portal devices really exist?

Have you read the Jurassic Park Novels?

How many lines of code does it take to make an AAA Video Game?

What is the world record for the longest time juggling chainsaws?

I'm serious, who is your favorite Sesame Street Character?

And is it theoretically possible to fall up?

Could Portal devices really exist?

Have you read the Jurassic Park Novels?

How many lines of code does it take to make an AAA Video Game?

What is the world record for the longest time juggling chainsaws?

1. Cookie Monster

2. Considering up and down is relative an argument could be made for either or. So yes and no.

3. Gonna go with no on this one. It's one thing to create a wormhole, it's an entirely separate thing to create a stable wormhole. It may be possible in the future to create something close to the portal gun, but it wouldn't be the same.

4. Yes, but when I was in my early teens.

5. Depends on the game, and that's proprietary information.

6. Juggling records aren't made by length of time but by number of catches. Otherwise, you could simply juggle very slowly and break a record pretty easily. Anyways, the record for the most chainsaw juggling catches is 94 and was set in appx 37 seconds by Ian Stewart of Canada.

Approximately how many wikipedia pages have you read; And, approximately how many hours have you spent reading them?

Easily hundreds, and easily months. Sometimes I hear something interesting and so I go to research it and end up on wikipedia, then I read the page and start clicking the links which lead to other pages, and so on and so on for hours on end.

I take everything I read on wikipedia with a grain of salt, however, because even though it is considered "highly accurate" these days I still remember a time where their page on the United States Civil War read that the war was started by Australia... lmao