Halo 5 new multiplayer mode and no initail PvP for Destiny

A new Halo 5 multiplayer mode in the making!

343_Industries_logo-500x223.png

Although we don't have much info on the upcoming Halo title we now do know 343i wants to implement a new mode in the Halo 5 multiplayer.

343i has started hirering for a person who can:

-Implement and execute competetive multiplayer features

-Fine tune the existing multiplayer experience

-Create and implement a brand new multiplayer mode

Now the last one seems highly interesting since even 343i doesn't know what it'll be. Although they would have to give their blessing first.

What kind of mode would you like to see in Halo 5?

"And now for something completely different."

Destiny will have no initial PvP.

bungie-logo1.png

Got the game and wanna shoot some other players?

Tough luck, because Bungie has made it so that you'll first need to play a couple of hours before you can blast your opponents to bits.

Now I know this sounds bad but there is logic behind this madness.

In Destiny you will start without a 'super attack' and without this you'd be completely destroyed by opponents who do have this ability.

And who likes getting blown up without defence?

In order to 'unlock' competetive multiplayer you'll first have to complete several missions, get you super attack and find a special weapon.

Only then you'll fully understand how the game works and you'll be on your merry way.

See at as some kind of tutorial.

There hasn't been much info on the competetive multiplayer side of Destiny so far.

Keep an eye out on E3 this year.

Do you like the way Bungie handles this situation?

As always leave answers and comments down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Sources:

http://nl.ign.com/news/8945/halo-5-krijgt-nieuwe-multiplayer-modi

http://nl.ign.com/news/8943/destiny-vechten-tegen-andere-spelers-niet-meteen-beschikbaar

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

Kind of disappointing that we can't start with PvP in Destiny, but I completely understand, and actually like the idea of getting the chance to build up my defense and attack first, plus it allows you to understand the game a bit before being tossed into the fray.

As for 343 hiring someone to create some new gametypes, this excites me. I really hope Halo 5 will have gametype crossed between Invasion and Dominion. Those were great gametypes and if combined properly, they could prove to be very fun. (Plus who doesn't like Elites vs Spartans?)

Nice article P34nut :yay:

-Fine tune the existing multiplayer experience < For some reasonI don't like this idea something about it seems to make me think Halo 5 will be a disaster. :(

-Implement and execute competetive multiplayer features < This I like, 1 to 50 back 343I plz.

...You've always thought that.

OT: Glad to see that 343i is working to improve Halo 5 and the words "fine tune" make e happy as it sounds like they are trying to work out kinks... it actually gets me excited as Bungie did the same from Halo 1-2-3. Crossing my fingers on this.

May3m not always.....

But due to the lack of info I really cannot say what I think of Halo 5. But if someone held me at gunpoint and asked my to say if I think Halo 5 will be good or not I would say it would be good why ? Because I don't think 343I are stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. :)