More gun skins

Melody

I know there's plenty of things to do with Halo 5 besides gun skins. Although I simply like the way I customize my spartan. Everything from armour to the guns themselves, there's a lot of choices. I think the way 343 did Halo 4 gun skins, it was a unique idea to personalise armour/guns to your liking. Does anyone else think this would be pretty cool in Halo 5 or not. 

• Like 3

i would love it if you was able to make a custom skin for the guns that you use in game if they bring personal loadouts back because although the custom skins are cool in halo 4 i would love to make custom gun skins

Here are my thoughts...

1. Put all the skins for a specific Weapon (and Universal Skins) in a sub folder; that way you don't need to scroll through all the skins to get to other weapons.

2. Have a Skin Commendation unlock system like Gears of War. One that is separate from Specializations. Plus skins that are unlocked by doing something specific in, or just playing, other Halo games. For example Gears has Golden Skins that are unlocked by doing specifics for previous games.

3. Have a Skin maker. One that is similar to the Black Ops 2 Emblem Maker. Plus maybe Color customizable skins.

4. Live skins: ones that pulsate and move. Like having an AR with an Aura, or electrical arcs. Maybe even Armor Effects for Skins.

• Like 3

343 should definitely leave alternate gun skins in. Unlocking them as you get achievements or mash up enemies or completing any other objectives would be a good way to extend the lifespan of Halo 5's campaign, as well as hiding all sorts of other goodies in each mission.

The option to create your own gun skins would be awesome, but I have a few concerns about the idea. While there are many artistically inclined players out there, including a couple right here on our precious forums, I'm not sure it would be the easiest thing to do. You need to provide the tools and make a user-friendly interface. Some trolls would probably make very lag intensive skins or inappropriate skins (such as... well, guess) and ruin the experience for everyone else.

The skins were fun and all but most of 'em weren't that great. I'd like to see them return but with more options. And for the love of god don't make them micro transactions!

• 2 weeks later...

Live weapons skins would be a no for me. I disliked those in gears of war and really do not want to see anythign like that in halo.

second, making the skins unlockable would be cool.

There should be more skins and including an option to let your weapon take over your armor color.

Editiing should not be done, It's Halo, not call of duty. I don't want see schwastika's and offensive custom skins. Keep that with CoD not Halo.