Halo: Reach trouble.

Sniper0092

So I re-bought Halo Reach and got it a few days ago. After playing with my siblings, the next day I went to do a challenge. But for some reason, Carter appeared, as if I started playing for the first time, saying asking if I was a boy or girl. I thought it was strange, it did this before so I was not tooo worried. After I chose female, my armor was default and brown...I panicked so I checked the campaign, and most of my levels were gone! As if my memory was erased!!!!!!!! I thought maybe it was a glitch, I've had a glitchy history with Reach. Also, the internet was turned off, so I thought maybe it was having trouble getting my data. I played through a few missions to see if my game would correct the error. I even cleaned the Xbox and hardrive, I thought maybe it was the system and not the game since I JUST GOT IT. I experimented with my siblings profiles, they too lost missions-- but their armor was not messed with. My Armor is not gone, I just had to select it again, I still have my rank and other things like my photos and achievements for some reason...

And later when I played with them, my stuff was still there, my armor was the way I left it. And the game played fine, it always does.

So I tried it this morning, with the wifi on, and ALL THE LEVELS WERE GONE, and my armor was set to default again!!!!!!!!! So I check to see if my data was on the hardrive, and it seems like everything is there,  even saw the Definite Map Pack there, and my map. I think it's the game-- but I don't know why, I just F*%$@ got the game!! It looks fine, I got it from Amazon, and the box it came with had plenty of plastic filled with air, to hold it. The game did not seem carelessly handled, I never had problems with Amazon. I don't want to report to them yet, I want to try to solve the problem first, I am like the most independent person you'll ever meet. There are other games we have that work fine, and they have more scratches then Reach from what I can see.

Please help me, I know you guys don't always answer my stuff, BUT THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. ~Sniper0092

Oh goodness man relax with the wall of text. It is just a simple error it happens a lot when you go on and offline with Reach. 
Just delete your system cache and just keep playing Reach like normal. It is NOT an error with the disc so don't worry you don't need to report it or turn it back. Just when you play Reach just stay online okie? Also don't forget to delete your system cache.

Oh goodness man relax with the wall of text. It is just a simple error it happens a lot when you go on and offline with Reach. 

Just delete your system cache and just keep playing Reach like normal. It is NOT an error with the disc so don't worry you don't need to report it or turn it back. Just when you play Reach just stay online okie? Also don't forget to delete your system cache.

Alright, I just get frustrated with a game I like not working. I worked hard to get my stuff you know :/

Yeah, its very common for that glitch. As for the armor being reverted, that used to happen every time Bungie or 343i would update the servers during peak hours of playtime. So normally, it will sort itself out. And at the same time, not everyone would be reverted to their default armor. It just happens from time to time. 

Yeah, its very common for that glitch. As for the armor being reverted, that used to happen every time Bungie or 343i would update the servers during peak hours of playtime. So normally, it will sort itself out. And at the same time, not everyone would be reverted to their default armor. It just happens from time to time. 

Do you know how long it last?

Of when their messing with the servers? Well, when Bungie was switching everything over to 343i, it lasted several days. And Matchmaking was nearly impossible. But they shouldnt be doing anything with the servers anymore. 

As for your missions disappearing, thats rather common on Reach. Trust me, I know. New Alexandria is not completed on my campaign, even though I have already done the entire campaign several times. But like Bnus said, if your playing in offline mode, and then go and play online mode, it will reset your campaign.

I have even heard of similar problems on Skyrim. Where people would play Skyrim with no connection to the internet, only to connect, and find all their achievements wiped clean.

So there is nothing wrong with your disc, nothing wrong with your Xbox, and there should be nothing wrong with your HDD. Its just an annoying glitch in the game. 

• Like 2