Halo 4: Game Of the Year Edition

Halo6 Follower

Hey everyone, 

so i was scrolling through my emails from Halo Way Point today and came across a trailer for the Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition. I instantly thought "Sweet! More Halo goodness" However it soon dawned on me that it was not a game add on, but a new game entirely... My opinion about this is this: I Think that the inclusion of a War Pass as well as championship DLC is a bit of an overkill. Now don't get me wrong, i love Halo 4, but after spending $130 (Aus) on the Limited Edition Pre Order i feel kind of ripped off.

Overall the Game of The Year Edition is a good investment if you haven't Pre ordered yet. However, i feel a bit ripped off.

Anyway, enough of my ranting, what is your opinion?

Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition: 

(is is advised you watch the video before commenting, thanks) 

This post has been promoted to an article

I'm surprised more people didn't see this coming I was calling a GOTY edition as soon as I found out about the war games season pass. Almost every game does this. View this as a way of keeping Halo 4 alive with new players that us already experienced players can dominae. I'm perfectly fine with this it helps the people who can't afford all the DLC everyone should be able to enjoy Halo 4.

• Like 2

*makes wind sound* Ya hear that? *makes wind sound again* What's that ya ask? Well, it's the money of the die-hard fans who bought the Limited Edition on day 1 and people who paid for the pre-order bonuses at ridiculous prices on Ebay FLYING AWAY!

I can get the war games season pass thing and the champions bundle, hell, even the emblems, BUT REALLY? The LE content? And the Pre-Order bonuses? The stuff I paid good money for? Guess it wasn't so, "Limited" after all...

• Like 1

*makes wind sound* Ya hear that? *makes wind sound again* What's that ya ask? Well, it's the money of the die-hard fans who bought the Limited Edition on day 1 and people who paid for the pre-order bonuses at ridiculous prices on Ebay FLYING AWAY!

I can get the war games season pass thing and the champions bundle, hell, even the emblems, BUT REALLY? The LE content? And the Pre-Order bonuses? The stuff I paid good money for? Guess it wasn't so, "Limited" after all...

The LE stuff I understand but the Pre-Order stuff is fine. It isn't fair I couldn't pre-order Halo 4 from everywhere. 

I mean heck it doesn't have FOTUS

Got LE as well. Am disappoint. I mean, the price tag, and it includes the Champion's Bundle? Really the LE had less than that, and the "exclusives" that were there weren't much and were released on Marketplace. 

I think the problem with 343 is that they deliver too much to new fans than the dedicated, long-term followers.

Don't get me wrong; I love the LE, and I'm so glad to have it. But some compensation would be nice. Nintendo gave early buyers twenty free downloadable games after the price drop. I think something similar to that principle would be nice, and they wouldn't be losing any money since virtual data has no production cost.

Why do they call it game of the year edition if it was most certainty not game of the year ? :thumbsup:

It did get Game of the Year from a couple sites. So therefore it was "Game of the Year".

It is a little disappointing since I paid 100$ for the LE, and now PRIME is up for grabs by pretty much everyone. Ah well.

Why do they call it game of the year edition if it was most certainty not game of the year ? :thumbsup:

Every game nowadays gets a game of the year edition. Every game out there has gotten "Game of the year" title, at some point. There are a lot of review sites out there, both corrupt and legit, and either the game gets payed to be made GOTY or it receives/earns legitimate the title from one of the lesser known company's, which in either case, qualifies the game for a "Game of the Year" edition.

Which if you ask me, seems like an abuse of power, and misuse of the rank GOTY. But what do I know right?

Every game nowadays gets a game of the year edition. Every game out there has gotten "Game of the year" title, at some point. There are a lot of review sites out there, both corrupt and legit, and either the game gets payed to be made GOTY or it receives/earns legitimate the title from one of the lesser known company's, which in either case, qualifies the game for a "Game of the Year" edition.

Which if you ask me, seems like an abuse of power, and misuse of the rank GOTY. But what do I know right?

Fallout New Vegas didn't get Game of the Year, so they made an 'Ultimate Edition' instead which is the same thing.

I will probably get this, for my Halo collection.

It just seems like a cash grab that includes all the armour that people have acquired by the use of hacking and all of the lousy DLC packs (the Champion Bundle isn't lousy though, I still think it's the only DLC worth getting).