Excuse me... Why was I banned?

DethBob

So, my wife and I were playing Halo 4 this afternoon. Had an intense game of Richocet on Adrift.

After the game, I get a message saying I was banned.

Excuse me. Why?

After exiting the game and restarting, I find it was because we quit to many games and the ban is for 60 minutes.

343, let me give you some advice.

I've been playing Halo since the first one came out. I've never cheated or modded my box, never been banned for cheating then started a new Live account, unlike about... what, half the players remaining in this game. My wife and I can't seem to sit down to play Halo these days without 2 out of 3 games being filled with cheaters who glitch the game out or jerks who kill their own team members.

And I'm the one who gets banned? Did you ever think people are quitting too many games because too many games are full of cheaters? So instead of doing something about the cheaters, you give loyal non-cheating players a hard time.

Nice business model there. Good luck with that. Think I'll go play some Battlefield 4.

--DethBob

I understand your frustration bro, do I think it is a little unfair? Yes. But do I also understand the reasoning? Hell yes.

People quitting games very often means that their servers have a little trouble, they want to prevent that.

As much as I hate to say it, the simplest answer is try to lower on quitting or try another game for a little while. 

As pointed out quitting games has always been a sore spot for other players. You, for whatever reason, choose to leave fellow team mates short handed which in most cases ensures a loss for them. It is one main reason that brought the 'Join in Progress' feature to Halo. Secondly, there is very little actual cheating taking place, you are either being out played, feeling host ability from the other team or placing an unfair label on other for having a bad day playing.

People will cheat. People will team kill. People will quit. All of these instances are the reason for various bans, booting and other punishments.

I suggest yo play your game and not let yourself get 'trolled' by those who play unfairly. Be better than that. Besides, all these types of things take place in all games.

• Like 6

Ragequitting is a bad habit to get into. One can rationalize it as much as they want to, blaming lag or uncooperative teammates, but all in all, it's still ragequitting. And if you're like me and don't like Rooster Teeth's Rage Quit series, then you do not want to be a rage quitter.

• 1 month later...