Ivory Range

IR3CON

Gamertag: IR3CON ST34LTH

Map: Ivory Range

Gametypes: KOTH, Team Slayer, FFA, Ricochet, Regicide

Recommended party size: 2-10 Players

Download Link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/80923f8f-4c81-4ff4-9a07-4b4e87035e6e

Description:

Ivory Range is a competitive map. Although it may seem symmetrical at the start, you soon realize it has an asymmetric twist. The map consists of a lower location which is where a rocker launcher can be found and there's also the upper side of the map which is where you can get a sniper rifle. The center of the map is where a memorial of a rare tree can be found. It has been moved to a safe location to prevent it from getting cut down.

post-55757-0-74390000-1378494326.jpg

post-55757-0-23324200-1378494329.jpg

post-55757-0-82550400-1378494331.jpg

post-55757-0-51525200-1378494334.jpg

post-55757-0-18101100-1378494337.jpg

• Like 1

Rather interesting from the images IR3CON!! Tried to DL from Waypoint but seems to be having issues lol.

Will continue trying, go through the map and leave my thoughts.

Thanks for submitting! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why the link would not work. When I click it, it woks fine lol.

Thanks for checking it out. Have a fly through once you download it <3

Interesting looking map. I do see some lazy cover in some areas though. Makes them look quite cluttered. Not completely sure about my suspicions because I haven't been in the map yet. I'll download and take a look in Forge when I can.

Waypoint was being difficult but finally gave in lol. I did a fly-through in forge and noticed a few possible issues. Also loaded a few custom games with gametypes listed and Extraction out of curiosity.

• Budget - You could easily eliminate a lot of budget. I placed 3 col walls for floor pieces in key locations and eliminated 24 objects. This also made the area much smoother. Their are also a ton of extraction and dominion objects that eat up a lot of budget. Noticed a bit of lag as well.
  • Bumpy - Object connections are rough.
  • Weapon placement -
    • Light Rifle - Takes longer to reach a LR from Red initial. Advantage: Blue.
    • Sniper - No risk vs. reward. It's conveniently placed at the maps peak and in wall cover to easily pick off enemies from above, possibility of spawn killing/raping. Also takes longer to reach the Sniper from Red initial. Advantage: Blue.
    • Rockets - Equal distance from initials but in an odd location.
  • Extraction objects - Though it's not properly set up for Extraction, I ran a few tests with the gametype. When I loaded an Extraction game, both extraction sites were labeled "A" and also produced some odd results with the sites themselves (area still able to extract with no extraction crates and sometimes the crates would remain and only two of the four extraction sites available in game).
  • Ricochet - Goals are too open and easily scored from ball spawns. Example: I scored a throw from Sniper and Rockets and a one bounce from the platform ball spawn.
  • KOTH - Hill progression was a bit confusing at times but no major issues.

I love the multiple tactical jumps from one area to the next making it easy to navigate and gain a prime shot on an enemy. The flow seems good but will have a better idea with a large lobby. The tree area seems like it would be the map's "hot spot" and the map's focus.

Suggestions to test -

• Try moving Rockets near the tree memorial. It's a high risk area and equal distance from blue and red initials.
  • Try Sniper next to the crate where Rockets are so you have to work to get to a vantage point.
  • Rethink some of the cover and add LOS blocker from current Sniper to avoid spawn killing or possibly additional respawn cover.
  • Find a more suitable area for Ricochet goals.
  • Hill sequence could use tweaking in KOTH.
  • Try to lessen the budget by using larger objects in place of multiple smaller objects.

Overall the map has a great design and was playable as-is. Suggestions are just opinion, lol but it can't hurt to try. I enjoyed viewing and testing it! :thumbsup:

Huge thanks for the feedback Choot'em. I will take every point you mentioned into consideration when I go back to the map and do changes to it.

I also prefer the smaller 4x4's rather than Wall coliseums. It looks nice that way and I can easily get rid of other objects to reduce frame rate ^-^

The map has been updated:

-More LOS blockers have been added.

-Extraction and Ricochet labels have been fixed.

-Rocket Launcher is now located at the center of the map near the tree.

-Sniper rifle can now be found at the bottom section of the map.

-The top balcony in the middle has now less places to shoot from. Also a wall has been added inside for cover. Fusion coils have also been added to make it easier to kill players taking too much of an advantage of that area.

• Like 1

Finally found some time to throw feedback everywhere. :)

For the most part, it's a pretty decent competitive map. Although I noticed some issues.

Clutter: This seems to be the issue that stands out the most. In some areas, you placed cover just for the sake of cover. This makes those areas quite cluttered.

Remember that cover in a competitive map should be structural.

I also think you should make the respawns all neutral. Having teamed respawn points usually affects the spawning in a game negatively.

Another would be removing the colums. I don't see what their point is. I think they'll be doing more harm than good by disrupting the flow in that certain area.

Anyway, that's my two cents for now.