Halo 5 should be like Halo 3.

The title says It all. Halo 5 should add In the good factors from Halo 3 (Symetrical Map Designs, Unlockable Armor through Campaign Skulls, The Weapons from Halo's 1 & 2, The Arbiter In the Campaign, the option to choose between Spartans and Elites In Multiplayer, etc) Also, take out the DMR, take out all the Armor Abilitys, and so forth. Halo 3 Is the best Halo of all time, and making Halo 5 just like It will bring this franchise to the top again. Also, good job to 343 on giving Halo 5 60 FPS and Dedicated Servers!

• Like 3

When I read the title I was ready to say "I don't want Halo 3.5" But then when I read the whole thing, I thought "Wow, that's a damn good list, and it's things that aren't just, copy paste halo 3 game-play, like 99.99% of the other posts like this". Good job my friend, you earned my respect.   :thumbup:

AA's DMR etc should be kept, though it would be nice to see a classic playlist with BR/AR starts and symetrics sometime.

However, the entire game can not be like this, it is unfaesible

• Like 3

At this point I think the series should take a break. Wait a few years before making a new game. Video games are an art from and should be need for expression and pleasure. Developers shouldn't make games just in time for the christmas season.

• Like 4

Personally, Out of the whole series, 3 is my least favorite.

While I agree with the Elites and Spartans, I don't think removing AA's and the DMR is necessary. Symmetrical map design is nice, but there are Asymmetrical maps that people love. (E.G. Blood Gulch, Sidewinder. and they are Asymmetrical, both sides don't match 100%)

I'm all for more weapons, but only if they fit. While I love the S.M.G., it was only added because of the dual wielding system (Which I enjoyed, but I don't think it was necessary.)

And unlocking Armor through Campaign skulls was pointless, it did nothing to make the game better or worse. Just have unlockable armor.

• Like 1

As long as armour, ALL of it is unlock able offline, I'm happy.

I was annoyed after realising most of my H3 stuff could y be done off line.

But I agree with Vangelis, hopefully H5 can go back into the every 3 years cycle (1-2 was 3 years, 2-3 was 3 years,3-Reach was 3 years and Reach-4 was two)

About symmetrical, my favourite maps from 3- Avalanche, Sandyrap and Valhalls are not symmetrical. A and V are nearly, but not fully.

And the Arbiter shouldn't be added in unless there is a reason other than ERMEGERD I WANTZORZ ARBY'S BAK!

Here's why Halo 3 worked:

Balance, and an amazing campaign.

Bungie took a balanced game, Halo 2, and changed a few things, and balanced them. There was minor bloom, but there was balance. I could predict what would happen next in a battle if I did certain things. Halo 3: ODST also was about balance.

Halo 3's campaign has a very high replayability factor, not including skulls, terminals, and easter eggs. No joke, I can turn on my Xbox, and play through the halo 3 campaign twice in a row, on any difficulty, with or without friends. Halo 4 and Halo Reach has a little of this, but I don't feel the need to return to those campaigns every once in a while. Back in 2007, and the three years of development of it,  and even further back, the thing the sold video games was the campaign. Very few people played games online, due to lack of consoles and bad connections. If you make a balanced campaign, typically the weapons were decently balanced for multiplayer as well.

Now, the main focus is multiplayer, and in most multiplayer games now, there is incredible imbalances, why? Because if I know that I can get a powerful gun and mow people down quickly, I will feel good, and want to do it again. But if I am playing a balanced game, I would lose most of my battles, and be mad and not play.

I happen to really enjoy balance. If I know that the reason I died in a game is because of my skill and decisions, and the other player's skill and decision, I can accept that. I can accept being destroyed, although I may not be happy with it. Team work is key in balanced games, and working together, ie a warthog, was an advantage if used right. Now, everyone plays lone wolf, and there is very few times that most team work is thought out. I can go into most objective games in Halo 4 with a  friend, and win multiple times in a row, just because we work together. 

If I look at where things are with Halo 3. Halo Reach, and Halo 4, I would say 343i has taken two separate paths in matchmaking. There are many elements of Halo 3 in Halo 4, but the imbalance from Reach is dominate. My suggestion and hope for the future: make a wicked campaign, make forge better, and make multiplayer balanced, and if needed, take out things inserted in Halo 4. I want to see a "classics playlists which is balances, and a Infinity playlist, which is more personalized.

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 4

Fix matchmaking make it so there is a bigger skill gap and your not awarded for being bad at the game.

we are not even a year into halo 4 and the matchmaking is gone.... http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/totalpopulation/all  Clearly halo 4 didn't work and it needs to reboot and start with where halo worked for online play halo 3.. Halo 4 has turned into 1 big joke that no one plays. Theres a reason Cod is still popular because it stuck to its core unlike resident evil and halo.

I would like to see a Halo 3 anniversary instead with a spin-off campaign and with the same exact Halo 3 multiplayer, of course remastered with the problems fixed, new armor unlocked with leveling/achivements/skulls and some remade maps from Halo 2 and Halo CE that haven't been remade created.

So people who aren't as good at the game never get the opportunity to get kills?

In every game before H4, people who weren't as good as the game would get kills, but people who were better would get proportionally more kills. And that would be consistent until the lesser player gets better, as it should be.

In every game before H4, people who weren't as good as the game would get kills, but people who were better would get proportionally more kills. And that would be consistent until the lesser player gets better, as it should be.

i remenber my first time playing halo 3 and i couldn't even aim the ar i was so garbage at halo 3 but i didn't give up i got better and worked at it and went from a 20 to 40 in a month of play time and few months later made the jump to a 50 by getting better. In halo 4 i see people who never touched a halo game easyly get 10-20 kills. i'm on a running riot the guy who somehow with 1 kill got rockets from ordiance kills me when my 3 ordiances were needles nades and speed booast....  yeahhh he gets awarded for being bad. Theres to much in this game thats broken some right but.  if the game was less random and had a better skill gap and a proper ranking system then the *matchmaking* might be saved. Campaign was pretty soild tho.

• Like 1

I do believe ordinances should get better over the course of a match. Meaning the first one would be nades and maybe speed boost, the second, a Needler/Concussion Rifle/Railgun/other powerups, third, Rockets/Splaser/IC/FRG. No matter how many assists you get, you'd never get that third one if you were bad.

• Like 1

I do believe ordinances should get better over the course of a match. Meaning the first one would be nades and maybe speed boost, the second, a Needler/Concussion Rifle/Railgun/other powerups, third, Rockets/Splaser/IC/FRG. No matter how many assists you get, you'd never get that third one if you were bad.

i think if anything you should only be awarded with this randomness if you get a killing spree or higher.. But most of the time when i did play halo if the other team was doing bad they'd get rockets sniper to my needler ect lol.

The title says It all. Halo 5 should add In the good factors from Halo 3 (Symetrical Map Designs, Unlockable Armor through Campaign Skulls, The Weapons from Halo's 1 & 2, The Arbiter In the Campaign, the option to choose between Spartans and Elites In Multiplayer, etc) Also, take out the DMR, take out all the Armor Abilitys, and so forth. Halo 3 Is the best Halo of all time, and making Halo 5 just like It will bring this franchise to the top again. Also, good job to 343 on giving Halo 5 60 FPS and Dedicated Servers!

dont forget the most important factor a decent ranking system lol 

Ask yourself:

If Halo 5 were like Halo 3, what would be the point in Halo 5?

Change is what the series is known for, and why the months leading up to the release of the next game are always so exciting: You have no idea about what it's like.

change is good but for video games its very bad...

Cod is a prime exsample so is halo resident evil heck even turok perfect dark.. *i haven't used my xbox in awhile so i've forgotten all the games that changed and failed or did poorly.