Vehicles: Mongoosex2

pp2cvtcq.jpg

56254882.jpg

13321304.jpg

pp5f.jpg

37720752.jpg

80048312.jpg

pp1ao.jpg

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Download it here. XBLA Username: Chronmeister

• Like 1

I love the curvyness of the map. It really stands out from all those maps that are made inside a box. I would suggest putting a different structure between the curved wall made of braces. The satellite and dish thing is a bit generic and doesn't provide much cover. If you walk around that area, you're pretty much stuck in the open so maybe change it to something else or provide some natural cover around the area. There are also 2-3 little things that stand out on the corners of the map such as edges of blocks and walls so covering them up with something would be nice. The map is already so aesthetically pleasing, it would be a shame of a few minor errors would ruin it.

I love the curvyness of the map. It really stands out from all those maps that are made inside a box. I would suggest putting a different structure between the curved wall made of braces. The satellite and dish thing is a bit generic and doesn't provide much cover. If you walk around that area, you're pretty much stuck in the open so maybe change it to something else or provide some natural cover around the area. There are also 2-3 little things that stand out on the corners of the map such as edges of blocks and walls so covering them up with something would be nice. The map is already so aesthetically pleasing, it would be a shame of a few minor errors would ruin it.

Which blocks or walls are sticking out in the corners. I'll take a look, but you shouldn't be able to see this from inside the map. If you are talking about the overview, that was just to show the layout. None of these rough edges can be seen in map. I'm not so sure about the dish either. I'd like to get more input on that. The dish is high enough to offer cover to those trying to run around or across it. I have also added some crates around this area to give players somewhere to run in and charge their shields if they are getting cut down. I like the variation in cover added by this piece. From the ground, it almost feels like a hill with its smooth incline. I also have a Hill(KOTH) and an Extraction point here. Its not that I'm unwilling to change it. I'd just like to get more peoples opinion on it. The walls in this area also contour the dish, so removing the dish might mean changing these walls as well.

I think the curves are what really set this map apart from other maps I've seen like this. I really like how you used some natural and regular structures. Overall though great map. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you like it. I'm surprised at how little feedback I am recieving at this site and how few views I am getting. Is this the place to get maps noticed for matchmaking? Maybe I should just give up on ever getting anything even considered. I really thought I would at least have 100 views after almost a week now, but WOW. Really! Does anyone even visit this site?

I'm glad you like it. I'm surprised at how little feedback I am recieving at this site and how few views I am getting. Is this the place to get maps noticed for matchmaking? Maybe I should just give up on ever getting anything even considered. I really thought I would at least have 100 views after almost a week now, but WOW. Really! Does anyone even visit this site?

Well, the 343i community forum's map sharing isn't very robust and many of the people who go here don't do it for submitting and checking out maps. But if you post a good map here, you could get featured on THFE's YouTube channel.

But Chron, let me ask you something.

What is your motivation in making maps? Do you do it for the recognition and the downloads or do you do it because you enjoy it?

Don't be forging maps just for the chance of getting them into matchmaking or getting tons of downloads (because the chances are very slim for everyone). 

I don't know about you but I Forge because I enjoy it. The downloads and recognition are just nice perks if I succeed in making a good/decent map.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, if you're still looking for more feedback and stuff, try these sites.

http://halocustoms.com/forum/

http://forgecafe.com/forums/index.php

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forum.php

http://www.halocouncil.com/community/

• Like 2

Well, the 343i community forum's map sharing isn't very robust and many of the people who go here don't do it for submitting and checking out maps. But if you post a good map here, you could get featured on THFE's YouTube channel.

But Chron, let me ask you something.

What is your motivation in making maps? Do you do it for the recognition and the downloads or do you do it because you enjoy it?

Don't be forging maps just for the chance of getting them into matchmaking or getting tons of downloads (because the chances are very slim for everyone). 

I don't know about you but I Forge because I enjoy it. The downloads and recognition are just nice perks if I succeed in making a good/decent map.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, if you're still looking for more feedback and stuff, try these sites.

http://halocustoms.com/forum/

http://forgecafe.com/forums/index.php

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/forum.php

http://www.halocouncil.com/community/

Well said, Zan. I forge because I, too, enjoy it. :)

Anyways, I would like to say that I really like the look of this map. The curvy part of it is very unique and not a lot of maps have that. I hope I can play on this soon.

Well said, Zan. I forge because I, too, enjoy it. :)

Anyways, I would like to say that I really like the look of this map. The curvy part of it is very unique and not a lot of maps have that. I hope I can play on this soon.

I forge because I love to do it. I also look at it as a sort of competition. My ultimate goal is to get massive downloads and get my map in matchmaking. (not necessarily this one) It may be a pipe dream, but it would really make me happy to know I created something that thousands of people want to play on. Mostly though once I start forging, I can't stop until I'm satified with my creation. I guess not that many people have seen all the maps I've made so far, but I am getting better all the time and will only be posting my most recent and best maps on this site.

My ultimate goal is to get massive downloads and get my map in matchmaking.

I believe that that's the ultimate goal of most forgers. But don't just post your best maps only on this site.

Try other sites that have a more robust map sharing feature too.

I took a look around at the map in forge, here are a few thoughts:

• I actually really lied the pyramid pillars at the front of red base that you made with Y-Cross's. You had a few interesting structures on the map but that one caught my eye the most, very clean and original. 

• Unfortunately a lot of other structures didn't seem to fit as well. Right next to that you have the dish/ antenna large ripped straight out of Pinnacle in Halo Reach, which really does not fit right next to red base nor does it add much in the way of cover or structure to the area. A lot of the blue side of the map also felt rather cramped and maze like as opposed to having deliberate paths. Red base then had the opposite problem, being almost completely isolated from the rest of the map by a large flat area. I would suggest focussing on having specific paths through the map instead of lot's of maze-like ones in blue or a big open area like by red. 

• I'm not sure how useful those 2 mongooses will be, seeing as the only open area to use them in is right in front of red base. There isn't much of a vehicle circuit or any reason to get on them.