Abyssal by BlahishSnipesU ((((Gametype updated))))

Abyssal by BlahishSnipesU

The theme of this map is a scouting boat that was suddenly wrecked for unknown reasons.  You and your team went out to search for this boat to investigate the wreckage.  Upon arrival of the boat, you were welcomed by the undead crew of the boat that were reanimated by a newly discovered parasite that is know as the Bottom Feeder.

This is a small map, due to limitations of certain forge pieces, but its not too small. You can have any player count you want, but I found that 3-6 players works the best (if playing with 3 players, it is best to start off with one flood instead of two).  The aesthetics of this map is to look like a wrecked ship that is under water, which includes a lot of rubble and debris, along with trees made to look like seaweed or some other type of sea plant.  Gameplay is not like most flood maps, the pace is higher than average because of the size of the map, visibility is very limited (which made forging this map very hard to do), and there are a lot of ways the infected can ambush you or corner you while still having some decent sight lines for survivors to use to pick off any Bottom Feeder with their DMR.  Credit for the ides of this map goes to the Halo 4 Fans Facebook page, here is a link to their post describing how to make a map like this :
https://www.facebook.com/Halo4Fans/posts/172389902916450?comment_id=518111&notif_t=comment_mention

Link to map variant (called Abyssal): http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/163ea89b-ac87-4d8f-8c68-3cffc14a18c0

Link to gametype (called Bottom Feeders):http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/934d8d6f-cf0b-46bc-8d1e-88125ea01d2b

​ Oceanic Armor certainly looks really cool on this map.

post-47484-0-03647000-1365735607_thumb.jpg

This is a view of the front half of the boat with an infected player. To the upper left of the 1x1 blocks, and to the right of the crate, small, you can see one of the entrances to get inside the boat.
post-47484-0-15652400-1365735811_thumb.png

This is a view of the back half of the boat, note that visibility is very limited (you can only see half of this section of the boat), resulting in interesting flood gameplay.
post-47484-0-97325600-1365735927_thumb.png

This is a view from inside the front half of the boat. To the left where there is a verticle 1x2 shallow incline is one entrance, and the other is on the right above the pallet.
post-47484-0-81583300-1365736037_thumb.png

This is a view from the inside of the second half of the boat.  On the left you can see one entrance where the Wire 3 (I believe that's what it is, correct me if I'm wrong) and the second one is to the right above the plant, which is not very visible.
post-47484-0-43118000-1365736194_thumb.png

A shot of me taking down a few Bottom Feeders. This is showing one way I put in trees to look like seaweed.
post-47484-0-18882000-1365737326_thumb.png

Another cool shot from an Oceanic spartan, in the background, you can see the very back of the boat where the propellers are.
post-47484-0-16627400-1365736443_thumb.png

I hope that you will enjoy this map as much as I do and I hope this map will inspire many other forgers to make underwater maps! Any comments, questions, or suggestions are more than welcomed. Good luck surviving against the Bottom Feeders! 

UPDATE: In the Bottom Feeders gametype, humans now die with one hit from a flood instead of two, due to the slower movement of both the humans and flood.  Obviously a slower moving flood is a lot easier to kill without a boost in damage resistance.

Sorry that I did not change this earlier.

• Like 1

I have yet to utilize this underwater glitch to its full potential... :/

But anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if this was featured. The only thing that's annoying about the glitch is that while you're working it's very easy to get disoriented, and if you spawn objects too deep then they'll disappear.

I have yet to utilize this underwater glitch to its full potential... :/

But anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if this was featured. The only thing that's annoying about the glitch is that while you're working it's very easy to get disoriented, and if you spawn objects too deep then they'll disappear.

Yeah I've had the problem of getting lost a lot, but I found that it was easy to spawn a colosseum wall and put spawn points on it. I used the wall because grids and greenscreens are invisible underwater. Also, you can spawn a grid and adjust the coordinates to lower it right above the soft kill boundry, to help prevent putting anything too deep or dropping something and having it land on the grid instead of disappearing.