12 members have voted

1. 1. What Kind Of Maps Will You Make On Forge Island

• Flood Maps
    • Swat Maps
    • Racing Maps
    • Maps For Custom Games
    • Whatever Comes To Mind
    • Sorry, But Im Not A Forger

do i have to explain? alright, what kinds of maps will you make on Forge Island since its soo super huge.

ill be remaking my halo reach maps and then ill see what else i can make

*note: you dont have to name any maps in particular*

I'd probably build clan maps.

Never mind, it's Beaver Creek or Battle Canyon. The small island would be better for it (before I was thinking of Timberline).

Back when I was still playing Halo 3 someone loaded a modded map on Valhalla that had hundreds of extra trees. It was the BEST Team Snipers map ever. If I could add trees to the Halo 4 version.......

CV

Back when I was still playing Halo 3 someone loaded a modded map on Valhalla that had hundreds of extra trees. It was the BEST Team Snipers map ever. If I could add trees to the Halo 4 version.......

CV

You could do it n the new one in the big island.

Well... Right now I'm testing a more "professional" version of one of my Guardian style maps called Warden, as well as an inverse pseudo-symmetrical big team map. After that, I've planned out a "Terminal" styled map, an oil refinary, an urban highway environment, a circular arena styled map, an abandoned subway system, a giant hydro dam, a cargo dock, a Lockout style map under the overhang of the big island, and a secret idea for a dreamscape type map inside of the large island. All competetive maps.

And this is all on top of the ten maps in testing, under construction, planned out, or conceptualized on the other three canvases.... Ya, I'm busy in the world of Forge XD

• Like 1

@Squally You are busy. I learned the hard way to stick to one project at a time long ago due to the occasional registry glitch. But that is just me. I tend to live in one map at a time. CV

I've limited myself to only have five in testing at any one time. Once on is published, Ill add weapons and spawns and boundaries and stuff on one of the new maps and add it into the testing group.

I've limited myself to only have five in testing at any one time. Once on is published, Ill add weapons and spawns and boundaries and stuff on one of the new maps and add it into the testing group.

I used to, but after the registry glitch (which is when you go to load a map and it loads a different map of a different name). This is especially frustrating if you have not put the map up in the fileshare. I have also learned it is better to rename the file each time you upload to fileshare, so I just name it the name plus v1, v2 etc until I have the final version, than it is just the name. I am meticulous with my maps, so when I have to start over I am not very happy. But who would be, right?  CV

I used to, but after the registry glitch (which is when you go to load a map and it loads a different map of a different name). This is especially frustrating if you have not put the map up in the fileshare. I have also learned it is better to rename the file each time you upload to fileshare, so I just name it the name plus v1, v2 etc until I have the final version, than it is just the name. I am meticulous with my maps, so when I have to start over I am not very happy. But who would be, right?  CV

Actually, I know the reason map files do that. If you load up a map in forge (map A), and dont save it before you exit (maybe you were just checking something), then load another one (map B) and DO save it, map B has now overwrittn the file for map A. So now whenever you try to load map A, it brings up the file for map B. I avoid this by reselecting the map I want to work on every time I'm in the forge lobby, and save the map EVERY time I'm editing it.

I've just finished my map Death Fortress, it is an flood map and is designed so the flood leave there spawn and run toward a small fortress that is fortified im planing on making 2 custom game types for the map and more maps like it but i will need gold to test/upload it

Never mind, it's Beaver Creek or Battle Canyon. The small island would be better for it (before I was thinking of Timberline).

its beaver creek, battle canyon, or -insert anniversary name here-, whatever you want to call it based on the different halo games. plus you can use the water. all you have to do is build the walls and the floor. plus you would be adding the water effect that makes the halfway point, the halfway point (lol)

I've already made a Pirate Ship+Port Village map for Clue, an indoor Mystic Forest+Manor map for infection/ghostbusting, I'm halfway through with a second map for Imagination/Childhood Wars, and I'm also gonna be making more, more, and more.

:)

Including more pirate ships with ghosts on gravity volumes on the sea.