Holy crap can I play a match for more then 5 damn minutes?!

SSFrog

I swear to God, every time I play it match, it lasts about 5 minutes, with the exception of BTB, which may last about 7 minutes.

I don't recall any of the Halo game being this short, by the time you actually get settled in, bam "Game over". Can we double the length of these matches? I would rather play fewer LONGER matches, then spend twice as long searching for a new match.

Its just pathetic how short these matches are.

its true that these matches are short. but i love them since its helping me level up quicker. plus these short matches make it "fast paced"

I don't know if I'd consider them "fast paced", I would consider them "rushed".

I personally don't care about leveling up, its a pointless process. Why not cater to the people who like to sit down and play a single match for 20 minutes? I hardly think these playlists were designed for people with only 5 minutes at a time...

Your estimates of how long matches take are about average as far as I remember in earlier games. They may feel faster for a number of reasons in Halo 4, but a match in a smaller playlist might take 5-6 minutes and a Big Team match might take 7-8. The round timer starts at 12 and ticks down, which is how it was in Halo 3, although I can't remember how long they took in Reach or in Halo 2.

They might be up to a minute faster on average, and without objective games in Big Team you won't get games going to the final seconds very often, perhaps you're noticing a general shortage of objective? Slayer games almost always end well before the time limit unless someone is employing tactics to keep the match from ending fast (like camping).

I'm not sure exactly what's making the matches feel faster for you, but like I said if your estimates of the time they're taking are correct then they're not much faster than they've been previously.

I swear to God, every time I play it match, it lasts about 5 minutes, with the exception of BTB, which may last about 7 minutes.

I don't recall any of the Halo game being this short, by the time you actually get settled in, bam "Game over". Can we double the length of these matches? I would rather play fewer LONGER matches, then spend twice as long searching for a new match.

Its just pathetic how short these matches are.

the new maches are fast paced noow faster gameplayer with the exption of  ctf those maches last forever but i would say that all the maches have a decent enough time

I miss when you could spend 30 minutes on a really close invasion match, or a solid 20 in a fun game of CTF on sand trap, or even just a few minutes per game in customs. But people are treating Halo more and more like COD, playing to win and get that new shining armor, rather than to enjoy screwing around in elephants and mongeese(?). Custom games went down the hole too. I miss those days. *sigh*

TL;DR

COD ruined halo.

• Like 1

BTB last about 20 mins or so.

The matches you play might be "short"

because you go Into the game a little later than everyone else.

Honestly, I like the shorter matches for BTB because,

I don't like to spend 20 mins on one match.

But If It Is Slayer I would like to have a full game

so, I can get kills and It will be fair.

But, usually I still win even If It Is a full game or short game.

Small changes such as the maps and the ability to sprint will definitely make the game faster paced. I do not think the game ending earlier (by a minute or less) really effects how the game feels. Yeah it feels a lot faster than halo reach and I kind of like that. 343 is not expected to cater to everyone's needs. It seems you are the only one who has a problem with the games being a little bit shorter than usual. Even though the slayer is now 10 kills longer.