If you were in charge of the UNSC...

Baeztoberfest

So I was wondering at Doctor Halseys comments toward Lasky about knowing John was aboard The Ininity and not saying anything to her. The UNSC (Lasky, Palmer, Cortana even...) have been humanizing him for awhile now. Halsey on the other hand trained him to be a fearless emotionless killing machine, the best out of his class. They even go on to elaborate the one thing he has that nobody else has is luck.

So if you were in charge of the UNSC would you continue on the path to prove his humanity or would you keep him the cold emotionless war machine as Halsey would've had it? I can see pros and cons for both... It makes me think of when that interview in the beginning of the campaign took place given the events in Spartan Ops.

Overall the story was exceptional. I'm dying to know when season 2 comes out. And I wanna know more about Doctor Halseys implications and where her loyalties lie.

Now that Cortana is... Well... No spoilers, not in the picture as of now, that leaves John. John alone plus the capable hands of Lasky to get the job done. Granted the UNSC still have other assets lets face it. Spartan IV's are glorified Marines. They aren't and never will be Spartan II's and Spartan III's.

What would you do if you were in charge?

• Like 1

I actually want the Chief to get emotional or at least not a machine of killing, because the urge to kill can only take you so far. At some point he's going to get stuck and the logical kill-them-all sort of mind will tell him there is no way to win might as well sit this out to find a week spot, while the emotional side would fight anyways knowing he had a goal to reach or personal mission to achieve.

If I were in charge of the UNSC... First off, fire whoever called the hit on Halsey (Osman, I think?) Secondly, Re-unite Chief with the rest of blue team, which would help him get over cortanas demise, and lets face it, blue team is the best Spartans left, they are the tier 1 of tier 1, one squad could annihilate a whole covenant army. Lastly, I would replace all MA5 series of weapons with DMRs or BRs, because the MA5 proved it was ineffective against covenant forces, and both of the ladder have.

1: Reunite Chief with all his good old buddies (ex. Arbiter, Blue Team, ^Lord Hood^)

2: When Chief feels better, let him teach a lesson to these so called "Spartan" IVs to show them that he is pack leader and he will dominate the tribe

3.Let Chief and Arby, and blue team secure halsey, go on a killing spree, and let them dump jul Mdama on a Brute world (that would make a good story)

4. Give Halsey A New arm to replace the one she lost under the Storm Health care plan

5. Let peace return to the galaxy... well at least until the Didact comes back from that trip where he's floating in uncharted space...

Tough decision to make... while I believe what Halsey did to the original Spartans was monstrous the fact of the matter is that John wouldn't have been able to accomplish half of the things he did if he wasn't a cold hearted killing machine above all else. He didn't care whether he lived or died, how many creatures he had to kill in order to accomplish his goal, how high the odds were stacked against him, and he didn't let his emotions get the best of him on the battle field because he had none. John is the prime example of human efficiency, but is the sacrifice worth the end result?

• 3 weeks later...

Humanism? bull**** son your UNSC property! As for being in charge of the UNSC, simple convince the earth government the Office of Naval Intelligence is performing illegal clandestine acts (which they are) and have them dissolved. Furthermore, Sangelios gone...grunt homeworld gone.... jackals....hunted to extinction... Under my command the only covenant you would find would be fossils in museums lol.

this subject really goes into a person's morals. Is it right to kidnap children and dehumanize them to be an effective military tool?? Being a religious person, i will not go into any detail on this subject, but it was actually very interesting to think about this topic. You have to consider if one thing truely justifies the other, buti will keep my opinion to myself for now

• 6 months later...

Humanism? bull**** son your UNSC property! Furthermore, Sangelios gone...grunt homeworld gone.... jackals....hunted to extinction... Under my command the only covenant you would find would be fossils in museums lol.

Hey, it's Osman! Ban her, quick!  :laughing:

(Joking, but obviously this person needs to learn what the Covenant separatists are.) 

Were I in charge of the UNSC I'd want to get up to full strength, particularly after the Didact's attack. I would work towards integrating the UNSC's units with the Covenant separatists and train as many Spartan-IVs (the S-IIs and IIIs would remain in their own units for familiarity with their team members) as possible. I would also try to find Halsey return her to UNSC service, capture Jul and execute him (or, better yet, let the Arbiter decide how best to deal with him), and retrieve the other half of the Janus Key, then find the Forerunner artifacts and use them towards the advantage of the human race. 

Oh, and I'd make sure that we humans earned the Mantle the right way, not by weakening other species.