What Sensitivity Are You Guys On?

FleshBack

So after being on 4 for a couple of weeks, I finally decided to be a big boy and step it up to 5. I have been on 5 a couple of times before but it has never worked out. Now, it is like I am in love or something. I have won 9 out of my last 10 Regicide games and I feel pretty good about it. My aim is so much more fluid and lethal, it is just awesome! It has really helped me step up my BR/DMR game to the next level.

What sensitivity do you guys work with?

And that feels like moving through liquid cement, slow and boring.

I've been playing on 10 since several weeks after I got my first 360 and Halo game.

And I really suggest bumping it up. Maybe buying Kontrol Freeks. Either way, 10 is much better than anything below it due to how slow everything is....

Well, 5 works for how I like to play: Midrange BR/DMR engagements on Infinity Slayer/Regicide maps. Anything higher and I run the risk of suffering from "jerky" movements and compromising the 5 shotting I have only recently attained. I will try bumping it up eventually, but that will take some time.

On a speed like 10, you should be a pro doing the whole, jumping over people's heads and doing the quick midair turnaround that gets you the assassination.

I play on 7, lately that's feeling too slow. People rush you and flank you a LOT in this game, and I'm not sure how anyone gets by without being able to turn quickly. It's not a lack of awareness, it's just Halo 4. It's pretty common to find yourself in the wrong part of a pincer/sandwich on Haven just due to its design, which is also the most popular small map.

The surprising thing is I don't feel my accuracy has suffered very much, but at the same time this is Halo 4 where 343's loving hands interfere with every aspect of the game.

Of course I could be totally wrong about how much it hurts/helps me. I really do suck at this game and complain about it often, so I'm sure at some level I'm doing it wrong. I just haven't been able to figure out where/how/why I'm underperforming.

Well, 5 works for how I like to play: Midrange BR/DMR engagements on Infinity Slayer/Regicide maps. Anything higher and I run the risk of suffering from "jerky" movements and compromising the 5 shotting I have only recently attained. I will try bumping it up eventually, but that will take some time.

On a speed like 10, you should be a pro doing the whole, jumping over people's heads and doing the quick midair turnaround that gets you the assassination.

No, 10 isn't fast enough.

Ever heard of 'Aim Acceleration'? Search it up.

10 works for how I play, which is - Any range, any gun, any sized maps. In a Halo game, there is rarely ANY jerky movements thanks to Aim Acceleration, and a 5 shot is pretty easy on a 10.

This speed isn't even capable of turning fast enough to my reaction, but there isn't anything better.

I suggest everyone to eventually bump it up to 10, and the best way to do it is - Go the sensitivity above the one you're one; it makes nearly no difference. Then once you play several games (Preferably SWAT, due to the twitch reactions), go 1 up again, and so on and so on until you're at a 10.

10 seriously helps you out a lot; longer thumbsticks as well.

And somehow I still dominate swat and every other gametype that requires fast reflex.

Same here. Helps me with Team Snipers and I DOMINATE at SWAT pretty regularly.

I deal with people bum rushing me by just having good positioning and knowing exactly what their plan is going to be. Most people are pretty predictable.

• Like 1

I'll run between 2 to 7 .... the more I play I tend to get a little more agressive and that requires faster turning ability. I do agree though about the stability factors of the slower speeds. Most folks run routes and once you figure those out you really don't need a high turn rate. I like running with my future step son. He's a good student and when I'm watching him play I'll tell him where to set up, where to aim, and a pretty accurate guess on timing as to when they'll be there.

I'm with Azaxx and Liquid on that one. I too always play on a 1 setting. But I can do one better....I play on Legacy Inverted with that 1 as well..lmoa. And I still kick ***! And once again, Aim Acceleration is not a legit name nor a feature. All controllers have a sensitivity sensing feature that increase your looking or aiming speed depending on haw far you push the stick. Are you guys really that new to controllers that you never knew that? Seriously....

• Like 1

Jesus with all the 1 sensitivity backers lol. To each their own I know but it just seems that there's so many situations that you would need to be able to turn faster to compete. It never happens in halo 4, but in the other games if you were fast enough you could jump over someones head and ninja beat down them, and if their sensitivity wasn't high enough to counter it would work almost every time.

I'm like goldie lox with my sensitivity, 10 is far too fast, 1 is faaaar to slow, 4 or 5 is just right. lol

Sensitivity is a personal preference. Some people play on low and others like it high. Same thing goes for the pros, ninja one of the best pro players uses sensitivity 3 and has been dominating most if not all halo 4 tournaments. I don't remember names but also knew a few pros that played on 10.

Personally i play on 3 until i get warm-up and then play on 4. Lower for me is better cause it allows me to have a steady aim in dmr/br battles. But if someone sneaks up behind me i cant swing around instantly like a higher sensitivity could.

If you miss a lot of shots or lose a lot of dmr/br battles and you probably need to turn it down even if it feels slow.