Didact Dead or Alive?

XenoPrometheanRunnerX98

At the end or almost to the end of the game, Didact got well wounded or killed at the end of the game, but i see that Didact fell into the orange portal that supposed to kill him but i think it didn't kill him for no reason, the pulse grenade that Master chief put into Didact's Chest supposed to kill him but wounded him...weird.... *faceHelmet*

tumblr_met5jiD2xM1qfoasdo1_1280.jpg

He can't get composed. Neither can the chief remember? If the chief can survive multiple falls from orbit to the planets floor then I think the didacts forerunner power armor could withstand a fall from those altitudes. Just conjecture but... It sounded convincing to me.

Oh, that's right! I forgot about the Didact's mutation and Chief's artificial evolution.

I also agree that perhaps the Didact survived his long fall. Although we don't know if his armor is capable of operating in vacuum.

I'm pretty sure he's still alive. I mean hes a beast right? He can take it!

I'm pretty sure as well if he is still alive but i he can take it again or he will fail again and well die for good....

lets be honest...

if hes dead, hes dead

if hes alive, Master Chief will eventually find him and kill him

yup....if he dead...no worries...but alive...oh god more 1v1 battle between Didact and Master chief >.>

The Didact is very obviously alive still; we only scraped the top of encountering him. The Chief knows he could still be alive. He witnessed the Didact being in one solid piece before falling into the portal....

I am really sure about you telling well the truth...but i think the didact Survived in the game :3

I have a feeling hell be back for him to die in the first one would be kinda weird but well just have to wait and see.

i'll wait as well...if he's alive or not!

Something tells me he is too important of an antagonist to die so soon.

oh ok then....

• 3 weeks later...

I hope he is dead otherwise that last battle and the lost of Cortana become much less climatic, although I don't see who could possibly be the villain in the next game.  Clearly, the Forerunners are the bad guys in this Trilogy along with the Storm Covenant.  Maybe they will shift to them during the next game, trying to resurrect more Forerunenrs or some ****. And there are still the Halos....  That is what the game is titled.  

• 1 month later...

I hope he is dead otherwise that last battle and the lost of Cortana become much less climatic, although I don't see who could possibly be the villain in the next game.  Clearly, the Forerunners are the bad guys in this Trilogy along with the Storm Covenant.  Maybe they will shift to them during the next game, trying to resurrect more Forerunenrs or some ****. And there are still the Halos....  That is what the game is titled.  

I think i really get the point........not trying to be mean....

I'm sure he is alive, and well because why would 343 kill a main character? that would be dumb if they killed him now. SO he is probably still alive.

Alive. thats a got place to start with...he is still alive...

Guest Frogger24

I dont think he is truely alive like what we would define. Somebody like that doesnt go down like that with out some sort of backup. Could be we find a new incarnation of him. Though I think the form he had in Halo 4 is gone for good (or at least I hope so) he will undoubtedly show up in one form or another later on.

I dont think he is truely alive like what we would define. Somebody like that doesnt go down like that with out some sort of backup. Could be we find a new incarnation of him. Though I think the form he had in Halo 4 is gone for good (or at least I hope so) he will undoubtedly show up in one form or another later on.

IF he shows up again. I'm leaving or Kill him one more time!

Chief was going through portals the entire game and didn't die, we have several accounts of Spartans surviving falls from orbit as well.  The forerunner novels clearly show that even the most basic armor barrier protects the user far more effectively than anything the humans currently have. It was noted that more important forerunners have stronger armors as well. Seeing as the Didact was the commander of forerunner forces i am sure that he wouldn't be killed from that. Not to mention the fact frankie was talking about him having character development so they aren't going to kill somebody extremely important in the first showing off screen.

There is also the ending speech as well which isn't being said in the past tense.

• Like 1

Even though there's already a thread on this, my opinion would be "Yes, he is still alive." Simply because I don't think a pulse grenade is strong enough to kill the Didact, plus he does have his "Superpowers" that people refer to. Anyways, all we can do right now is guess and wait to find out if this is true or not. You never know. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Even though there's already a thread on this, my opinion would be "Yes, he is still alive." Simply because I don't think a pulse grenade is strong enough to kill the Didact, plus he does have his "Superpowers" that people refer to. Anyways, all we can do right now is guess and wait to find out if this is true or not. You never know. ^_^

Didact "Superpowers" he was doing the Darth Vader thing during the game of halo 4.

silentium shows it wasn't.

Not to mention in the terminals (past) he notes how the forerunners have been around for a thousand generations but at the end he just says "countless".

You are right... and i've read the Forerunner Saga 1-3... (which i finish all in one week) its a very good question...the terminals that he said in (past) if very quiet meaning full....

The speech in the epilogue was when he was being imprisoned. I think. So it was in the past.

No... it was not in the past....

I think he is still alive. Maybe 343 will put him back on Halo 5.

Maybe so...

Yeah, totally. He is for sure alive. Because *insert canonical information from the books/ games* etc. Because you just don't kill the main antagonist and last of Forerunners in a 4 hours-campaign, after spending 4 years to characterize it.