343 Industries need to get rid of loadouts.

CUBA x STEVEN

I agree that they should make all necessary arrangements to remove loadouts (as well as many new features) come Halo 5. Right now, however, with the game mechanics so entrenched and built around loadouts I think that they should stay. This isn't to say that they shouldn't provide the option for more competitive gameplay through another unique playlist.

I believe that they have stated that such a playlist was in the works. Let me see if I can go grab a link for you...

EDIT: Oh yes... here you go:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/24792-upcoming-competitive-playlist/

Edited by SweatyBagels

I don't agree that they should be taken out of Halo itself, I just think that there should be other playlists without loadouts. I quite enjoy a game where everybody starts off the exact same (no differences/attributes that can help them have an advantage) this forces more map control, power-weapon control, co-ordinated pushes, and teamwork in general. This is why I think that 343i is doing a great job in making competitive playlists with a set loadout that all players must use. A big step in the right direction for drawing the players that left Halo to come back.

-Inversion

• Like 1

Can I just point out that we have been playing with loadouts since Halo CE... just because we were never able to customize them nor see them until Halo Reach doesnt mean they werent loadouts.

Whats more is the starts that Halo 2 and Halo 3 had (such as SMG starts or BR starts) are all loadouts. They are just preset thats all. Loadouts have been around the entire time, its only now that we can customize them.

Umm you can create a custom gametype that forces everybody to use the same loadout. Basicly thats the same thing as you are asking for...

Matchmaking is the name of the game, not customs. Customs take time to set-up and don't offer the variety of skill and playstyles you can find in Matchmaking.

Matchmaking is the name of the game, not customs. Customs take time to set-up and don't offer the variety of skill and playstyles you can find in Matchmaking.

The OP didn't specify matchmaking so that is why I made that comment. If it is matchmaking specific then yes they should have a static loadout playlist.

The dude mentioned playlists though, which infers matchmaking. Besides, we're in the matchmaking forum so it is implied by default.

I try not to make assumptions and inferences on forums as they tend to cause trouble (I am not always successful but I do try).

Yeah, Halo reach began the downfall of halo with the introduction of Armor abilities. The old guard/fans of halo all saw this coming.

If I had to pick one thing that Reach broke from the halo formula for success (aka a FUN, Competitive game), it wouldn't be the fact that spartans were slower and couldn't jump as high, it wouldn't be the retarded bloom on weapons, and not even the massively overpowered banshee or the stupidly broken shield melee mechanics. No the biggest gripe I had with the game was Armor abilities.

• Like 1

get rid of dmr and ill be happy. it overpowers all other guns in its catagory, promotes camping, and makes halo a long range headshot battle. i guarantee 90% of all kills are done with the dmr. thats y i have now lost interest in the game, every match is too predictable, no matter the map size, the dmr is prefered, and i have loved halo since i was in the 4th grade. halo used to have so much more variety in its gameplay, and with classes u would have thought it would have made the game more interesting, but everyone gravitates to the dmr and camping. Halo 2,3, and reach had it right, 4 not so much.