Sarah Palmer

Baeztoberfest

I'm in dispute over her overall capabilities of a leader? I've played Spartan Ops, and done Campaign. I've seen her Halo 4 involvement at its fullest. What I don't get is her capabilities? What rank IS SHE on the infinity? As Spartan Commander what size forces does she command? What can you assume about her direct relationship with the Chief and speculate about further games? Is she the next Avery Johnson? Lets talk this out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's safe to assume that we will hear from her again, 343 wouldn't through out new characters at the beginning of a trilogy.

Exactly, same with Jul 'Mdama (unless "something" happens to him in Spartan Ops)

I'm seeing Lasky being the next Johnson (well, not exactly but you get the point)

At first I thought i would like her, because she has the same voice actress as fem-shep from M.E. (and don't worry, she does a great condescending jerk.) But she seems like a borderline sociopath with some serious issues. I would think an elite spartan would lead from the front, right? I mean, they have lasky for the desk work. Though she clearly respects chief. (Tallness jokes aside)

I think Palmer could become a very interesting character if 343 shows us that they know she's got a really messed-up personality. They should make a scene in which one character calls Palmer out on her excessive idolization of Spartans, her trash talking the scientists or not taking the Covenant seriously. But if 343 actually intended her to be Sargeant Johnson V2 and we are supposed to see her as this awesome and hard-boiled power-amazon who spits out great one-liners then they failed majorly.

I am glad she is around. She seems to be cut from the same kind of cloth as the Spartan-IIs instead of being more of an outsider. While she doesnt have the exact same training or augmentations and upbringing she has a similar attitude in combat to those seen in Spartan-IIs. She knows her limits yet pushes to be better because she knows she has to be.

She knows she is an asset but doesnt let it get her down. She is quirky yet solid as a rock.

In terms of skill I think she is right on par with John. Physically she isnt (due to augmentations), or at least appears not to be however tactically and mentally within a fight she is right there with him. A great character.

She seems to be our new Sgt. Rock character with a dash of the whole "women can kick *** too" thing (I don't figure it a coincidence that Gears 3 had the first female Gear while Reach was giving us Kat and now this chick in Halo 4).

I want to see what she looks like under the armor! Either that or see her snap some Elite necks to prove why she's in charge.

• 2 weeks later...

I think she's a good character. People complain about her calling scientists "eggheads" etc, even though she's clearly not meaning what she's saying. As for her military skills, I think she's a good leader and a spartan. Palmer hasn't been seen in combat a lot, so she could surprise us.