What Makes Halo "Halo"

SykoWolf

What Makes Halo "Halo"  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes Halo "Halo" Campaign or Multiplayer?

I choose....credits. But In all seriousness I can't really answer this correctly. For me its always about doing a really fun adrenaline filled campaign fighting side my side with Marines/Covenant playing as the blank Robotic figure known as Master Chief and after that hard fun campaign you go chill with a couple of good friends win a couple of matches and play some fun Costume games like Slenderman, trash compactor, lava pit, or Duckhunt.

Its always been about the perfect combination of both the campaign and multiplayer that made Halo fun for me.

• Like 1

My answer is the Campaign, because some people forget that Halo wouldnt not exist without the campaign, thats why it is named after a certain in game feature/technology. Thats why Microsoft invested so much money into the books and movie/s and other such things that expand upon the story. If the game had no story, it wouldn't survive, otherwise, why would they bring the Chief back?

If it was all about the MP, they could have made another Halo without the Chief...Just think about that before you make your answer...

The problem with your poll is that historically Halo has been a very engaging game on both fronts (Campaign AND Multiplayer).

I played the Halo: CE and Halo 2 campaigns over and over again (My Xbox was screwed up an prohibited me from getting Live while Halo 2 was online). The CE campaign was amazing and it was the only Halo you could get without other people (No Live) and the Halo 2 campaign was very hard and ALSO the only Halo I could get without other people (still no Live). At the time my Xbox was also so screwed up that it only played very cleanly coded games like Ninja Gaiden and Halo (It crashed like every 10 minutes standard when playing KOTOR). Halo 2's campaign wasn't as good in terms of campaigns, but it was hard and that's what you wanted if you wanted practice for multiplayer.

When I finally got Live and Halo 3 I spent much more time on multiplayer, and of course enjoyed it more, but the campaign was still solid and I never minded jumping back into it with friends to get some achievements or something.

Reach's campaign was good, but its multiplayer wasn't as good.

Halo 4's campaign was throwaway at best, and its multiplayer could be better.

Using just the information you're interested in, I suspect the problem with recent Halo titles is they lack the symmetry of the earlier three.

The problem with your poll is that historically Halo has been a very engaging game on both fronts (Campaign AND Multiplayer).

I played the Halo: CE and Halo 2 campaigns over and over again (My Xbox was screwed up an prohibited me from getting Live while Halo 2 was online). The CE campaign was amazing and it was the only Halo you could get without other people (No Live) and the Halo 2 campaign was very hard and ALSO the only Halo I could get without other people (still no Live). At the time my Xbox was also so screwed up that it only played very cleanly coded games like Ninja Gaiden and Halo (It crashed like every 10 minutes standard when playing KOTOR). Halo 2's campaign wasn't as good in terms of campaigns, but it was hard and that's what you wanted if you wanted practice for multiplayer.

When I finally got Live and Halo 3 I spent much more time on multiplayer, and of course enjoyed it more, but the campaign was still solid and I never minded jumping back into it with friends to get some achievements or something.

Reach's campaign was good, but its multiplayer wasn't as good.

Halo 4's campaign was throwaway at best, and its multiplayer could be better.

Using just the information you're interested in, I suspect the problem with recent Halo titles is they lack the symmetry of the earlier three.

I agree with you on most points, its just that some people favor one side or the other...and it's these people that influence 343 the most...the people who speak out the most...

Halo 1 had a good campaign. But it was just that, good. Everyone has memories of playing multiplayer with their friends. So many more hours of Halo MP have been played and enjoyed than the campaign that its just silly to compare them too. Everyone buys Halo for the MP experience, the campaign is just a side benefit.

Halo 1 had a good campaign. But it was just that, good. Everyone has memories of playing multiplayer with their friends. So many more hours of Halo MP have been played and enjoyed than the campaign that its just silly to compare them too. Everyone buys Halo for the MP experience, the campaign is just a side benefit.

Thank you for the assumption of why I do and dont buy my games.

I buy for story period. MP has never been a thing I have enjoyed until recently and even now it is something I can live without. I am not a big fan of it but it can be enjoyable for short periods.

Again thank you for being arrogent enough to speak for me when clearly I dont know my own preferences...

• Like 2

Thank you for the assumption of why I do and dont buy my games.

I buy for story period. MP has never been a thing I have enjoyed until recently and even now it is something I can live without. I am not a big fan of it but it can be enjoyable for short periods.

Again thank you for being arrogent enough to speak for me when clearly I dont know my own preferences...

And your point is??? You are obviously not a typical gamer. Therefore you don't fit in when I say "most"

And your point is??? You are obviously not a typical gamer. Therefore you don't fit in when I say "most"

Here let me highlight it for you....

Read the highlighted and colored text please from your original post. Perhaps you might gain some understanding.

• Like 2

Halo's campaign is what makes halo statically. But, stats don't buy people's love. The campaign sells halo to me because I've been a fan since halo 1 and that didn't have any multiplayer (to my understanding.) Halo is for the campaign and the multiplayer is just a added bonus to all the fun!

Campaign?You must be kidding me

Wow i can see your reasons for not liking Halo's Single Player, i love how you go in depth with what you say....hmmm...especially your use of the words "must be" and the word "kidding" But i would have added a "you" and a "me" to it....

Like this: "You must be kidding me, this is all you post? Atleast provide a reason"

• Like 1

Well TBH these results probably wouldn't hold up if taken with the general population of the Halo playerbase. Most of the people on this site have been playing Halo since at least Halo 2 and probably Halo CE. Campaign is far important to us Halo fanatics then the regular Halo player. I mean just look how many people are willing to make an account just to post that not having a 1-50 rank system destroys the game.

I choose multiplayer because that is clearly what has been the driving factor in regards to innovation and attracting long term replay value. However, clearly Halo wouldn't have been nearly as big of a success if it was included with no good campaign or multiplayer so this is not a very easy choice to make.

So my real vote would have to be with both.

• Like 1

Yes, because literally 10 more people on a message board have a faulty opinion... doesn't make it true.

I don't think that you properly understand the concept of opinions. A faulty opinion means that there isn't supported by facts or good logic. Since this thread is dealing with whatever someone enjoys most about a game and you cannot have supporting evidence about what goes on in other peoples minds (you're not a mind reader are you), then you cannot tell if it is faulty or not.

• Like 3

clearly the multiplayer made todays halo. If halo had no multiplayer you think the game would have sold as well as it did? God No. without the multiplayer i think halo would have just been everyones top gamefly option you don't spend 60 bucks on a game for the campaign in this day and age unless you've been a fan forever.

Ps this is a community forum so of course most people will go with campaign.