New Enemies

Dragonzzilla

A small and even more agile/ninja-like being than myself.

Btw, Promethean vehicles aren't likely since they don't need them.

"Aw, gotta go 2,508 miles that way!" *teleports*

You and your logic.....Anyway maybe just a big vehicular like Promethean.

Maybe Crimson team gets stuck in an old VI training sim?

No I was thinking something a bit more creepy. Like being out on a mission and these projections keep happening during the mission. No training sims. Just active combat. Would add a creepyness to it plus might give some insight into the first Human Forerunner war.

They could easily introduce a rouge human faction to fight. They already have the A.I. figured out for the marines and Spartans that accompany you in the missions. Even though this would be the easiest way to add new enemies, I doubt they would do it because it would break the whole "humanity against the universe" narrative they got going in Halo.

As for some of the other ideas mentioned, I don't see how they could justify bringing the flood back, considering they're all supposed to be eradicated, but it could be cool to see 343's take on the flood. They can bring back the Brutes, but they and the Elites aren't supposed to be on good terms since Halo 3. Personally, I think it's about time they add a new species to the Covenant. They are supposed to be a hegemony that incorporates any new races it finds into their ranks, so it easily fits the cannon of Halo to add new units to the Covenant whenever they wish.

What could really make for interesting new enemy types, is Covenant species converted by the Composer. The Promethean Knights are Forerunners and Humans converted by the Composer, so I wonder what crazy construct types could be made from other species.

Promethean Jumper:

ancient_promethean_01.jpg

Since the Prometheans don't have any real middle ground in terms of enemies (basically they have weak crawlers and powerful knights) I think that they should introduce one. It would be called the Promethean Jumper and as one might assume it would heavily utilize the ability of Prometheans to teleport from place to place as a way to expand it's lifespan.

Whereas the Knights can use the teleport ability but it takes a while to actvate and reappear the Jumper would be able to do this in a far shorter amount of time. They would also have some nifty tricks up there sleeves such as teleporting behind the player for a quick melee, teleporting very frequently on occasion, and teleporting up to unreachable ledges for short periods of time to take away the CQB game of the player.

The purpose that they would really serve is to make combat against hordes of Promethean's far more interesting. As opposed to just showing up and killing all of the enemies in a specific order (Crawler > Watcher > Knight) you would have more choices to make during the course of the battle.

I think that it would be cool if the Jumpers alternated between close and far range as well. Sometimes they will rush you with the initial Crawler onslaught and try and attack you with quick melees... other times they will sit back with the knights and hold a defensive position. Then they could also teleport between the two roles.

Yes a (mini)boss-Enemy would have been needed dramatically in H4 - above all in the Campaign. It was a bit disappointing that even in the last level the only things you had were the standard Prometheans and a CoD-style QTE. Halo 2 had Tarturas and the Scarab, Halo 3 had loads of Scarabs and Spark and Reach's (second-)last level was just so well made that it didn't need any. The only thing that came closest to a boss fight in Spartan Ops were the Phantoms, but they didn't really do it.

• 2 weeks later...