aVeryShinySpoon

Hello loved Halo Community,

at first I want to say my english is not the best but I try to write you a understandable text. (Germany :) )

Also I want to say that I don't claim that basketball was my idea.

I am only a person who wants to get this mode more popular because it is fun as hell.

If you want to skip the text below and just want to hop in the game with your friends, then download the map and gametype from the fileshare: aVeryShinySpoon

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

!ATTENTION HERE! Please not only play this map. If you had fun in the game you've played with your friends, please help us to get this gametype more popular.

To help us, just tweet 343i or open some threads about this topic in the discussion section.

Also, if you have contacts to persons who have closer contact to one of the employees of 343i, please try your best to get their attention on this mode.

343i TWITTER: https://twitter.com/343iCommunity

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

INFORMATION:

Ok, now some information to that gametype.

BUT at first I want to mention a very important point on that topic.

At the moment you don't have any option to let the ball score itself without a person holding it in the hill, which would make the gametype much more basketball than halo basketball. But you can do it another way. I manage to create a working basketball mode, but you have to count the points by yourself. Also you need players who play fair and follow the basketball rules. The rules are simple. They are just like in a normal basketball match. (Just a bit easier)

RULES:

1. At the begin, every team has the chance to get on the ballI.

2. You can only attack the ballcarrier.

3. After one team did scored the ball every team has to go in their sides.

The team which has scored the ball last, has to let the opponent team have the ball first.

TIPS:

1. Use your gravity hammer to block your opponent and help your ballcarrier to get forward.

2. 360'-moves are really cool ^^

3. Play on a higher sensitivity to have a faster reaction.

4. Play fair!

OWN OPINION:

Personally, what I found out while playing Halo basketball with friends is, that you can play it in a 2v2, 3v3 and also 4v4 to have a fun game. Its much more intense than grifball and makes much more fun.

I believe basketball is a mode which the Halo community really needs.

HOPES:

I hope that 343i will make an option to turn the selfscoring of the ball to on or off.

Also i hope that basketball gets more popular and also more popular than grifball because 343i gave us the opportunity to make such a gametype and we should use them to have a better and funnier Halo than ever before.

PICTURES OF MY CURRENT ARENA:

CIMG3300.JPG

CIMG3299.JPG

CIMG3301.JPG

!Basketball in Halo could be a competitive mode!

Thanks for your attention and also your help, have a nice day.

In love,

an old Halofanboy alias aSpoonboy alias aVeryShinySpoon

PS: Please let me know your opinion to basketball, ask questions or just stay pumped on that gametype. =)

I was going to respond to this yesterday but my phone died :(

I just want to say that this is a great idea! I actually mentioned something like this in the "What will you forge first?" thread that we had. I actually did make a variant of this game on Eroision. (I will put it in my fileshare if you want to see). I just had some problems with the spawning. When I played the gametype was a lot of fun and 3v3 still plays nice.

Your map looks very nice too! Hopefully fileshare can get out soon so I can get your map.

i have had this idea since i heard you could toss and bounce the ball.... i am glad i am not the only one who thought of this :) now i just ask this....(sorry if you posted something regarding this in your main post) is there a current way to score it just by tossing it into the goal rather than having the player physically be in the goal/hoop with the ball?