Epic lag to the point the games are crashing

ProudDrunkIrish

I have been playing this morning and the lag has been out of this world....

This has been a common problem one I accept can and will occur but today game after game in Big team has been crashing so no points despite most of a round played.

I have tried a few other games to check it is not me and well they work fine.

Any others hitting this problem?? Based in Ireland??

Any idea if the servers will be up and running properly soon, as yesterday I was demoted to what seems to be some kind of backup server where I was back to SR1 (very annoying)

^^^ Being aimed at any 343 rep who may have any news.

forget all future updates just fix the lag

honestly what a useless crowd they are

the usual excuse of servers being overloaded is getting old honestly were you expecting it to be a flop????????????? Stupidity in itself working hard to bring out new stuff while ignoring basic problems

Foreign to who??? I believe that I run off european based servers no??? So my loaction should not impact it never did in Halo 3!!! And I was under the understanding that 343 copied the Bungie server system so something is gone cracked somewhere along the line.

Its not the lag its more the fact that it gets so bad that games collapse often when they are not far from over...

• Like 1

You do not play off any servers, whoever is the host of the game you are in is the temporary server. What it does is it takes the person with the "best" connection and turns their Xbox into a host server for that game. If you are in Europe and the host server is in the U.S. You will develop lag more than likely.

I'm also experiencing lag and I live in the United States. There are others with this problem to and I know for a fact it is not my connection or my xbox that is the problem. I've never had connectivity issues with any game before the past few days. I also posted a thread on my predicament. If anybody can offer any information please do so.