Forger Clan

The Halo 4 community is in need of some master forgers. I have been having trouble trying to convince players to join custom games, so I thought to try here.

Sooner or later the involvement of community games will be expanded upon, and we would do best to be ready with some awesome maps.

If there are any master forgers out there in need of tester-forgers, they need not look any further.

The following requirements should be met:

0)Originality and Creativity are quite obvious!

1) Symmetrical use of environment and forge pieces.

2)Asymmetrical forge skill equal to or greater than that of a symmetrical forger.

3)Knowledgeable use of advanced settings up to and including offbeat gametypes/maps like hockey and skeeball

4)Mastery of object placement in regards to player movement under different environmental circumstances.

5)Scaling capablities are a must. Forge offers a variety of size options for the same map concepts.

And lastly, I would like to invite forgers who don't always go for the 0,0,0 orienation. Forge's worlds are not always 0,0,0, disallowing the easy building of Symm maps. This often forces us forgers who are more obsessive-compulsive to make Asymm maps. However, from this difficulty, I have produced all of my most favored maps.

I will keep forging in the meantime. 6 maps and counting.

b0b is here

Zero in b0b

• Like 2

A test-forger is a tester who is also a forger. The forger part is important, because forgers can come up with simple solutions to complex ideas as well as implement them.

GryffinGuy added

Starburstin added

Rea1 FN Will.....cannot add? cannot find? try looking for me.

I would like to avoid joining an existing clan if possible, only to ensure that master forgers are all a clan consists of. I do appreciate all levels of forge skill, but this go around for Halo 4, I would like to do a little more learning than teaching.

• Like 1

Update.

Looking for unique master forgers who want to build fun & fluid maps.

NO BORING 0,0,0 oriented maps.

Examples

-maps that don't require you to think to navigate them. (Think like a ninja, forge like a ninja, play like a ninja)

-maps that are small zones with no practical 'inside of the map exploits' (Covert rooms, hallways, that could be useful hot zones)

-maps that allow spawn camping ( I use at least 24 spawn/respawns in multiple sequences to allow some randomness)

-MOST IMPORTANTLY maps that feel insane initially, but after ACTUALLY play testing them, are super fun to play.

I'm looking for the creativity that existed in Reach.

Think dramatic player entrances to the kill zone, tricky rooms, funky designs, and yes functionality to top it off. Where are the maps where a player starts in a base in the air and is grav lifted a hundred feet to the killing zone of the map. Where are the maps that aren't just spawn, kill, respawn, kill, next map! I make maps where people will freak out when they find that little extra secret that wasn't appearant the previous round. I make the kind of maps where you feel adrenaline pumping as you run for your life, or your kill.

We forgers are unique in every aspect of our design, but at times lack the appreciation for players' maps that aren't 0,0,0, as I previously described. Help me to change that!

If you are forge fit and you are up to the challenge, 'b0b is here'

Zero in b0b

I'm no master forger :(

I am however highly absorbent when it comes to picking up on things

I've been forging since Halo 3 with no notable maps, outside my friends love them.

I've always wanted to get more into forging but never really bothered with it until just now.

TL;DR - I understand how to design, I understand the basics to forge. Would like to learn more.

Forge/Play-testing skills:

- I'm able to find all skill jumps within the map with relative ease.

- Giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is kinda what I do.

- With a moderate understanding of forging, I can break down advanced tricks to understand where things went wrong.

- I'm an Above average Halo Vet. My understanding on map play-ability is high.

- I love Easter eggs within games. While designing maps, making secluded or creative areas within map is what i'd be all about, without the dreaded over-done effect.

ii Yezik ii is my GT

I thought of that, but this will not be a traditional players who play clan. This is purely regarding forge. The 'clan' aspect is just a technicality, and since this is the forge section, I only wan't to draw players interested in forging rather than those looking to join a regular clan.

All current participants in the thread please send my gamertag a message regarding the 'clan'. I would like all those who will be forging in this team to have a certain message displayed in their motto section. This is how you will be officially recognized.

Weekend Update:

This weekend I will be building a few maps.

2v2 slayer (Xtra Small functioning as 1v1 as well) - Erosion's cave area just above water

6v6 slayer (Xtra Medium sized) - Ravine's structured open area

8v8 big team oddball (Xtra Medium Vertically Oriented Map) - Impact's empty rock space or empty 'space' area

i'm in. i think this is very great idea. so i would like to be part of it. :) i'm master forger, but i've been forging between maps from Halo 3 to today's Halo 4. only about 245 maps each depending on how much i forge on which game, on Halo 4 i currently have 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Post pics before you claim to be a "master" please

You were quite rude to post such a message before the file share was properly up. pics coming soon.

I've uploaded some of my map photos. I will be updating frequently.

zombiesitter3

zombiesitter2

zombiesitter1

TheBoxes 3

TheBoxes 2

TheBoxes 1

Rage On The Hill 3

Rage On The Hill 2

Rage On The Hill 1

Additionally, the search for member for a forging "clan" or group did go well. While I did not create a clan myself, we have networked to existed forging "clan"/groups, and are all happily playing customs on a daily basis.

While I can't really show my work here, I am more than happy to show you my work in private. My GT is BaconShelf.

Additionally, I forge on many angles and symmetric and asymmetric. My only downside is I have never been able to do weapon and player spawns for competitive.

Awesome! I've always had trouble finding people to help me critique/play-test my maps for Halo4!

Feel free to add me anyone! ( Tauxi )

I'd love to help out others in any way i can, and i wouldn't mind having some extra people online to help me out when spare!

I'm a long time mapper, had a lot of experience developing maps for many games, (including previous version of halo, been attempting forge since halo 2. :3) and have briefly studied the psychology of mapping and player movement logistics.

Haven't dug myself in too much into Halo 4 forge much yet, but i'm getting there.

I'm a person that loves adding aesthetic detail, or just detail in general, so i find i hit the price limit too often. xD

So far I've only recreated a few of my favorite maps from halo 3 and an asymmetrical but evenly balanced CTF map.

-Taux <3

Camiloers24, nice pics. I hope to play/forge with all of you soon.

I will be uploading more photos as soon as I can figure out this upload error on all of my images.

I've forged 3+ maps over the weekend, and will have some fileshare updates to come this week.

You can cound me in. I currently have Three Maps, 2 symmetrical, 1 asymmetrical. One submitted to the Meet Your Maker Contest. Need to interact more with fellow forgers and forge testers. I have a hard time getting friends on my xbl list to join and test.

I am on 4-5 days a week. EST.

XBL: CrimsonVolver.