Halo 4 Matchmaking Is Horrible

DerpWithAGun

Halo 4 matchmaking is horrible.

1. Join in Progress. I always get joined into games that are almost finished. Always I get put into the losing team, so the game ends 5 seconds later and BAM a loss in my record!

2. Team matchmaking sucks. I'm ways paired with noobs and always losing. I'd rather a team of potatoes. Without a trueskill, you can't get matched with decent players.

3. Perks are unbalanced. They are like CoD and they don't belong in Halo. If you have Resupply and Explosive perks on, you can throw nukes. It's overpowered. What kind of 'balanced' gameplay allows one player to be able to resupply grenades and the other to reload faster? They shouldn't have added perks into the game.

4. DMR. It's super overpowered. It's extremely good at long range and also good at short range. The Battle rifle sucks at long range and even is crap at short range. The BRs hit registration sucks so for me, I have to kill people with 8sk with the BR. The AR is super overpowered. Use it on abandon and you can kill everyone. Through past Halo games i've practiced A LOT just to be good with precision weapons to find that now noobs can kill me if they have an AR.

5. Ranking system sucks. Doesn't prove anything other than how much of a life you don't have. (AKA play too much)

6. Sprint. Feels weird in the game.

Reason why I dislike Halo 4. I'll still play it, only because it's the only Halo game now to play. Reach and 3 are basically dead. Thanks 343i for ruining Halo for me.

• Like 6

1. It doesn't matter what team is winning/losing. It's the fact that they've lost players.

I've joined games that I was losing on.. As soon as I joined, we ended up winning the round.

2. They're implenting something like that I heard. It takes time, hasn't been a week since release yet.

Just wait it out for a few months.

3. Perks are great, it adds sometime to the story line. You use them to your advantage.

Learn to adapt or don't use them at all.

4. DMR isn't over-powered.. If it is then its the equilvalent to 3 bullets from the Battle Rifle.

Also the DMR/BR arent bad - you just aim for the head and boom, they die. Assault Rifle isn't OP - quit whining. It's an assault rifle, bullets are meant to hurt.

5. I'm SR 41. Do I have no life? No. They're working on it. Give. It. Time.

6. Get used to it.

• Like 1

1. Join in Progress. I always get joined into games that are almost finished. Always I get put into the losing team, so the game ends 5 seconds later and BAM a loss in my record!

2. Team matchmaking sucks. I'm ways paired with noobs and always losing. I'd rather a team of potatoes. Without a trueskill, you can't get matched with decent players.

3. Perks are unbalanced. They are like CoD and they don't belong in Halo. If you have Resupply and Explosive perks on, you can throw nukes. It's overpowered. What kind of 'balanced' gameplay allows one player to be able to resupply grenades and the other to reload faster? They shouldn't have added perks into the game.

4. DMR. It's super overpowered. It's extremely good at long range and also good at short range. The Battle rifle sucks at long range and even is crap at short range. The BRs hit registration sucks so for me, I have to kill people with 8sk with the BR. The AR is super overpowered. Use it on abandon and you can kill everyone. Through past Halo games i've practiced A LOT just to be good with precision weapons to find that now noobs can kill me if they have an AR.

5. Ranking system sucks. Doesn't prove anything other than how much of a life you don't have. (AKA play too much)

Reason why I dislike Halo 4. I'll still play it, only because it's the only Halo game now to play. Reach and 3 are basically dead. Thanks 343i for ruining Halo for me.

Just gonna quote it. Easier for me and the iPad lol.

1) This is bad luck, most games I play I join within the first minute of it starting,

2) yes I agree here, teammates suck for some reason. Wish they learned with Reach, and become better. Though, you can still win matches with bad teammates. It's possible

3) they are no unbalanced. It's the skill of the player that affects it. I never lose to someone who isn't skilled, nor their loadout. I lose to people with skill. Whatever that may be classified as.

4) DMR isn't super OP, it is a bit powerful yes, but it takes players skill. A newb cannot just run into a game for the first time and dominate with it, that's almost entirely impossible.

5) SR system is fine I think. And when this skill ranking system comes, there you go.

6) sprint is absolutely fine. Should've been in the game since Halo CE. Stupid it not being in since you're a super soldier in armour.

• Like 3

I agree with the first two points.

I think they implied the same matchmaking system most Call of Duties have; place a decent player with bad players, in hopes the good player can help the bad players.

And I ALWAYS get on the losing team, and get wrecked. And I consider myself a strong player. 1091 kills, 502 deaths, and 294 assists. 2.17 K/D spread.

I'm not an extraordinary player, but I like to think I am above most... Especially the people I get paired with. It is so frustrating jumping into a match and being the only player on your team to go positive, and then having to take a lose.

It always happens when I play solo. I got a team of friends together earlier for an hour or so, and we didn't lose a single match. They had to go, and I just started losing every match.

I'm glad I am not the only one who is getting unfairly paired up in MM.

I agree fully i have been playing halo since the first game and have had fun with every game always making the game depend more on skill then your weapon but i feel with the ordnance drops over just normal weapon spawning the game has depended more on your weapon. Now when i play this game i feel like i'm playing CoD.

You don't see it do you? Look at Halo 4's playerbase. It's struggling to hit 300k players. Halo 3 Had 1 million. Isn't that enough proof?

I've seen more than 300,000 players at once. It could of been a glitch maybe.

There's lots of players that aren't online - maybe if we got an idea of sales then you could see what I mean. Also it's the first week it has been out, can you give it some time for it to peak? Not all games will be at its prime within 5 days. Regardless of beta users too.

ya these things need some tuning

perhaps some balancing here as well, however ive found dexterity to be a life saver in gun fights 1v1. and how much damage does explosive perk add? i heard it was very little.

the DMR if anything is only slightly OP, the BR many people claim to use at better effectiveness then the DMR so im unsure if thats just you not being used to how it works. The AR isnt OP tho, your just not used to it being a competitive option now. Your used to it sucking. how it usually goes assuming skill, close range assault weapons are supposed to be more deadly then the precision weapons, but the trade off is you have no long range capability with teh weapon.

if i remember right reach had a worse system for that.

in reach i was always the guy using the sprint armor loadout anyways.

i dunno if its ruined, give it some time, some updates, could become the best yet, definitly has the potential imo

• Like 1

Hmm i do like halo 4 online but some things are bad:

. Im always on teams where no one is above sr14 and they dont get over 5 kills

. People straight away go for the banshee and gauss warthog and then they just stay in it all day being noobs

. The joining in progress is bad

. The maps and mostly the same in size and some of them originate from previous halos -_-

. The ranking system is stupid id of rather had the halo reach ranks like Commander e.c.t

. People just either splat you in ghosts or camp with binary rifles in each game

. Finally everyone chooses the same maps every game like requiem and that ragnarock or what ever it is

• Like 1

1. It doesn't matter what team is winning/losing. It's the fact that they've lost players.

I've joined games that I was losing on.. As soon as I joined, we ended up winning the round.

2. They're implenting something like that I heard. It takes time, hasn't been a week since release yet.

3. Perks are great, it adds sometime to the story line. You use them to your advantage.

4. DMR isn't over-powered.. If it is then its the equilvalent to 3 bullets from the Battle Rifle.

Also the DMR/BR arent bad - you just aim for the head and boom, they die. Assault Rifle isn't OP - quit whining. It's an assault rifle, bullets are meant to hurt.

6. Get used to it.

Although I don't agree with TS at all, these are very bad points you've given. Their all based on opinion, not fact.

• Like 1

You all sound so pretentious. Sorry we can't all be Godly at Halo 4 like you. I'll do my part and play campaign for the rest of my life for bringing YOU down. Sorry for ruining your experience. Pfft...

You have got to be kidding me...

You join a game and the losing team wins?

Your teammates suck every match and you're always the best?

I highly doubt that. Get off your high horse and just play the game. That's your one and only duty as a consumer. If you don't like it don't play it.

If your team sucks that bad and you're truly that amazing every time you pick up the sticks maybe you should STFU and play ragecide.

That way I won't have to read the crap pouring from your mouth about how good you or or how little I actually care.

I'm not upset. Just bored we have yet ANOTHER thread about how this game is CoD and you're apparently master chief and hate all your teammates. Get real...

• Like 1

Dude totally, even slayer pro is bad. They need to make a gametype for matchmaking with normal weapon spawns, no ordinance, and no kill streak crap. Also, hitboxes are very ****** up! please patch!

• Like 1

They needed servers. This game relies on being able to put accurate and rapid shots into someone while moving most of the time. Yet I have not played in a decent hosted lobby since launch night. So people that would never in thier life out shoot me, end up getting free kills because I shoot first they turn and drop me in and instant after I unload everything I have on them. This broken netplay is depressing. I am to the point where I don't want to play unless I have a full party of people I know with good connection so we have a high chance at pulling host.

I also feel like the hit boxes are wacky as hell.

I have played since Halo1, I played pro level halo2 and halo3. This game is not ass and it is better than REACH. It needs work. I hope they realize what they can do.

Although I don't agree with TS at all, these are very bad points you've given. Their all based on opinion, not fact.

Of coarse these are opinion based. I'm not a developer, I cannot give the facts. I did read up and I'll have the find the links, there was an update for the ranking system coming soon - which if you've been here long, should know about it. Other than that the game is fine, just don't complain if you're bad at it. Like I said, single (or triple burst) shot rifles are best used for head shots to kill quickly. If you say AR is OP then you don't realise that it should take at least one mag clip to kill the enemy. I always use up majority of my bullets on one..

I agree with 1-4. Face it. Halo 4 is a total CoD clone. Arguing is stupid. Yet it's fun. I like perks, but they are unbalanced. Pretty much all the guns in the game are OP so really none of them are. I like sprint. I also always get sucky teammates but that happened in Reach too. As for ranking. Pretty much all ranking systems prove how much of a no-life you are. I mean, that one guy said he is rank 41. I've no-lived it for the last week and I'm only rank 32 or so. I doubt you can even be 50 and still say you didn't nerd out and eliminate all social interaction since release.

6. Get used to it.

This this this this this and this. Just play the game, this is not halo 1-3, its halo 4. Games change so adapt to it.

6. Get used to it.

They announced they are releasing "true-skill" in 2013.

You obviously haven't played Halo since the beginning

Perks are stupid

You don't know what you're talking about

Cons: Join in progress? Really? I have joined countless numbers of games when the kill count has almost reached the end, and not for the team I so conveniently joined. People say it's great for "wanting to play quickly"

When was the last time you had to wait more than 30 seconds for a game? Honestly? That's right, you can't remember.

Sprint. No. Just no. Sprint worked in Reach because it was an ARMOR ability.

Perks... here we go...

Promethean Vision: Wtf!? "Hey, I know this is an FPS game and all, but... I can now see you at all times."

Some of you may say "Adapt" and I have TRIED. For example: I was sneaking into the enemy base during a game of CTF on Ragnarok. I sent out a decoy across the center of the map. They used Promethean Vision JUST as I entered the base. Thanks, 343.

Active Camo: What is it? Honestly? "HEY! BLUE BLIPS!"

What is the point of the blue blips? What ever happened to jamming the enemy radar? That was the ONE thing I used to jam the enemy radar during slayer and I can't even use that because movement still shows up as red on the enemy radar.

Weapons:

The random weapon drops are ok-ISH. They encourage adaptability in-game, but the days of "Ok guys, the sniper drops in 13 seconds, head to the platform" are long gone.

Maps:

I really hope more maps are going to be released from Forge sometime soon. Like in Reach, I was ok with Forge World maps. It allowed brand new maps without creating... well, a brand new map. But this "Ok, you guys get 5-6 maps. The rest, you have to buy" Really 343? All about the $$? I hope not.

The little things: Grenade indicators: Get rid of them. Weapon indicators on screen: get rid of them. The LOUDNESS of the footsteps: get rid of them.

You have no idea how many times I sneaked around a corner and owned an enemy because I heard him through my Turtle Beachs. This is a cheap form of gameplay. If I can hear you, you can hear me.

Instant Respawn: This is how it usually goes for me: I am in a gun fight. I get his shields down, I lose. No biggie. But then I instantly respawn, SPRINT to the area where the gun battle took place, and own the guy in one shot. If I can do it, everyone can do it.

343, we entrusted you with the games we love. And the campaign was absolutely fantastic (although short, but I can deal with that because it WAS that good)

But as for multiplayer: You blew it big time. This is not Halo. This is Halo mixed with Call of Duty.

Everyone I have talked to on Live has said these same things to me. All of my friends agree with me on these stances. If you got rid of the things I mentioned above, Halo will once again be amazing.

But this is garbage. I know Halo 4 is just a baby, and I really hope you guys make an update.

• Like 1