Halo 4's Campaign Disappointing

W467

Because the Flood were an enemy he could understand. Yes they were winning the war, but their tactics, tech, and so on were things that wern't THAT Far ahead of what UNSC had. After he head the report from Cortana and the M.C. he probably about s*** his pants. And he wouldn't be the first ship commander that cracked under pressure. You can go back and read some books on WWII where commanders locked up before or during a battle. It happens.

How the heck to you understand the flood? A giant supper telepathic plant that crushed the Forerunners. The Captain already knows this. The humans know who beat the forerunners. The same enemy the Chief just destroyed a few years ago. If anything the Didac just uses some advanced technology, that's it. He refused to go after the Didac after they chased him off and he was on the run. Not understand? The Didac uses pretty conventional tactics. The flood attack with spores can convert any life form to their side, can hack any computer, read minds, you name it. There is nothing conventional about the flood, super intelligent spore based space zombie telepaths. Not to mention the humans are not some typical military. They just went through a 3 decade long extinction war with the Covenant, these are not rookie commanders who choke under fire. These are the remains of the Covenant war. These are the no guts no glory hard *** fighters, these are the pipe hitters. They are battle tested, after a 30 year war they would know if this Captain was a choker. They would not have given him command of the Flag ship if he had been a nobody, a coward or a choker.

The guy is a plot device nothing more. What person in that military would question the Chief, let alone insult him? You want plot device? He gets mad at the Chief for disobeying a direct order. But then he orders his people to arrest the Chief and not one of them do a thing and he does not get mad at them or relieve them. He is a plot device, his actions make no sense. The librarian, the Captain, the Didac are all plot devices. What kind of idiot race takes their evil prisoner, locks him away on the Halo immune world, oh and leave his army with him? The librarian went through all the trouble of somehow making the Chief evolve through billions of years of evolution, which is not even possible, so he would have dormant genes that make him immune to some super weapon, that attacks only humans. Here is a bullet, save you self the trouble and shoot the Didac, problem solved. Oh and the next time you imprison someone don't leave them their warship and army if you are worried that a trillion years from know they might escape. Yes lets all do stupid stuff to drive the plot, cause if we act like we have a clue the story ends in 10 seconds. Look it's none Bungie Halo which means Microsoft has a lot more control which means it's all about multi player, and the campaign is just some secondary piece they throw in there. There is no way 343 put a lot of time or effort into this story. These are grade school level mistakes.

Hey like it and that's all good, I see it a different way.

The librarian and the Didact are not plot devices. They are characters that are just as crucial to the story of Halo as Master Chief. And the terminals explain why they exiled the Didact on requiem

They really should of explained the Didact and the Librarians role a lot better. They should assume the average player does not read the books.

They really should of explained the Didact and the Librarians role a lot better. They should assume the average player does not read the books.

Even though I read the books I thought the terminals explained everything you need to know about their replies in forerunner society, but apparently I was wrong.

I have mixed feelings about the campaign. Up until the last 2 or 3 missions, it is quite boring and story is practically nonexistent. But then it kicks off and gets awesome up until the end which did not impress me.

I am fine with the campaign because it is Halo. In general, Halo campaigns are weak in comparison with most other games I play. I play it for multiplayer and campaign is just an added bonus.

Well, I had fun playing the campaign; and I really, really loved the character development between Chief and Cortana. And I'm looking forward to how the story develops on in Halo 5 and 6. Hoping Cortana isn't perma-dead...and I'm pretty sure the Didact isn't. I mean, sure, after half a dozen games, it's going to be tough to recreate campain levels in a way that's mind blowing, original, and totally satisfying. So, while the campaign levels weren't as memorable as levels in past games, I still had tons of fun. I'll still have fun replaying it. And I'm really thankful 343 gave us this adventure and I look forward what they've got planned for us. :)

I never read any of the novels...but i have raided the Halo wikia often and basically knew everything that was going on. I typically do hold the position that game makers should assume their fans have only played current console games--and should thus condense novel, mini-series, and other platform game content in-game. If not, things can get really confusing (case and point: Kingdom Hearts is the poster child of convoluted plot). So I understand why some people would think the Didact and Librarian were brushed over (especially if they missed the Halo 3 terminals). But again, this is a three part series--so hold tight fans. Things are gonna get more detailed and involved. :)

The campaign is awesome, this new trilogy is focused on Chief's emotions. In Halo 5, we will see how he reacts with cortana being gone.

Stop being a whiny little baby, I bet in H3 you wanted cortana to die in the first place because she always slowed you down.

The librarian and the Didact are not plot devices. They are characters that are just as crucial to the story of Halo as Master Chief. And the terminals explain why they exiled the Didact on requiem

I thought the Didact exiled himself..

The campaign is awesome, this new trilogy is focused on Chief's emotions. In Halo 5, we will see how he reacts with cortana being gone.

Stop being a whiny little baby, I bet in H3 you wanted cortana to die in the first place because she always slowed you down.

I thought the Didact exiled himself..

He was exiled twice, once he exiled himself, and then he was exiled for using the composer

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am just going to throw my two cents into the ring. I can't say I loved the game, but I didn't hate it either. I felt like of the two stories Cortana and the Chief was actually the main plot and the Didact plot was secondary. All the depth of the game was in Cortana's story, while the Didact and Prometheans felt like a generic enemy that didn't have much of a story but were use to build up the tension of Cortana dying. In fact the Didact does and says very little. How do I put this? I hated the Prophets, I wanted to crush the plant from little shop of horrors, I didn't give two ***** about the Didact. M yonly real focus was saving Cortana that was what was driving the plot for me. As opposed to the author of this thread I do like Cortana, and he seems to have missed several of her key moments in the Halo series. She has killed more flood and Covenant than anyone else in the Universe, and her plan in Halo 3 was the reason the flood were detroyed. She got the flood and Prophet away from earth and she set them up to be destroyed. I have always liked her character and felt the emotional impact of her death. To be fare I recently lost my best friend so there was going to be an impact. But I felt like I knew what the Chief was going through. That moment when he can't even look at her and he is blaming himself, you can't see his face but you knew what was going on behinf the helmet. He may be a super soldier, but that does not mean he does not feel. Saving the galaxy, going to war, fighting, saving the earth. Well that's his buisness, but Cortana? That's his friend and that's personal.

From an emotional context and theatrical point I thought the ending with Cortana was great. But in the back of my mind my brain kept going how is she generating a hard light bubble that can take a ground zerpo nuke blast? There is no device to actually generate the bubble because the ship has been blow away, no power source either. Not to mention how did the Chief live, he is holding the nuke in his hands when he detonates it, so how did he live? Emotionally the scene makes sense, outside of that the scene makes no sense.

Things I really did not like:

The Didact. 1 info drop mid game and that is pretty much all we get from him, not to mention no boss fight. He felt like a plot device to keep the chief from saving Cortana, he has zero character development or depth. Just a crazy, angry villian with a bad plan.

The Prometheans, a generic enemy with no character. Fun to fight a new enemy in Halo but they had zero character, just mindless drones.

The campaign was way to short and easy.

The soundtrack, are you kidding me? You might as well change the Superman theme.

The Captain of the Infinity. WTF was wrong with guy? How did he get command of the Navel flag ship. First your John 117, thee John 117. The hero of the galaxy. You save the Captain, the Crew and the ship and he treats you like dirt for no reason. His character felt forced, there was zero motivation for him to treat the Chief like that. Even the other characters in the game were looking at him like WTF dude, that's the Chief. Basically I flet like they made the Captain an idiot because if he had been a normal Captain he would have helped you and the campaign and story gets a lot shorter. So in order to extend the already short campaign they pull the old idiot plot out and proceed to beat the fans with it. Of all the characters he made the least sense of anyone. Or at least his attitude and actions did.

The Campaign felt like it was cut and pasted and didn't really flow well for me. It also got highly repetative with having to do the same exact mission over and over. Like the ending. Let me go to this platform, then three more identical platforms and do the same thing.

The maps felt small.

At times the game felt to quiet, and like nothing was going on. Not much dialogue outside of Cortana and the Chief. I miss grunts screaming "DEMON!"

The Pros:

It looked good, so of the fine details were done really well.

Character development of the Chief and Cortana.

The main voice actors.

The classic theme of "what makes me human."

Sound effects

I think they set up game 5 to be really good if it's done right, but this game felt less epic, and more personal which I believe it was suppose to. But I did miss some of those epic Halo moments, Like the Dawn coming in for a landing, the arrival of the Shadow of intent, the raising of a new ring. Cortanas death is not epic, it's personal and tragic.

Again I didn't hate the game, I just didn't love it and I usually love all things Halo. Between this and Reach I am actually looking forward to a happy Halo moment. Kinda of like that Happy moment I got at the end of ME3. You know the red ending. Although I don't think Bioware meant that to be happy. But I enjoyed it.

there are always issues with every campaign for every game. i had some too but thought it was a great and epic campaign to say the least. to cover some of your points.

Didact - i thought they made him shallow compared to how his character is in the books. but at the same time, i think the focus was on chief and cortana so they didn't want to take away from that story. plus, we're not sure if he is gonna be in the next halo games so why create a villain you can hate for a trilogy if he is only in 1 or 2 games? also, he has a huge backstory, but you would have to read the books or...search on the forums for posts about him, cuz there is a lot of back story on this "villain".

Prophets - never hated the prophets. they were annoying. always giving recorded speeches on some covie teleprompter. i liked beating down the one in halo 2, but i hated all covies. also, history lesson is the prophets were allies of the ancient humans you have seen in the terminal footage. one of their worlds was destroyed by a halo array by the master builder. then they went to war with sangheli and formed the covenant. no less or more annoying than didact talking in my head for Halo 4 tho.

Prometheans - i agree they were mechanical. but their story offers quite an emotional shift. SPOILER. if you played Spartan Ops, when one of the spartan-IVs is speaking to Halsey he says the same thing you are, that they are nothing but killing machines, but, not to spoil too much for those who haven't played, they are much more. similar to ODST when you find out engineers are prisoners. its kinda like, ohhhh, that sucks.

Campaign - it was short, but the way you sound, you haven't beaten the game on solo legendary. cuz that's not easy.

Infinity Captain - I thought this character was excellent. he was an ally and protagonist. everything that made sense to the story and you playing as John 117 he was against. it gave you someone to hate without having to fight them. during the first trilogy, everyone was a "yes" man to the great John-117 and Cortana, so seeing how things have changed in the UNSC gives the story more depth. Also, it created the purpose of the Forward Unto Dawn. John's one commanding ally is the guy he saved from the academy. Once again depth and detail that can be missed upon first looking at the game. Also not sure if you know anything about military officers...they're idiots who don't have to put in the work to accomplish the mission. they rely on book strategies for real time events. they don't make sense to anyone.

Good points on the pros. The levels did feel small to an extent, but I think they used more of a boxed in area of battle system. When you hit a new area, you were in that small area for awhile until you could move on to the next area. The game also feels different when not running through it on heroic with friends or normal. When you have to take time to strategize how to get to the next checkpoint without dying, you learn a lot about a level you previously thought was easy and small. btw chief lived by getting transported at the last possible moment with the forerunner tech by cortana. its not scientifically explained so it is a stretch, but in Spartan Ops they are starting to show the transportation methods and how fast it works.

Halo 4 had nowhere near the amount of epic moments as Halo 3 (taking out a Scarab, to name one), but it introduced an element that hasn't been seen in the Halo games before; character development.

I genuinely could not disagree more with the OP about Cortana. If you care about the Chief, you should care about Cortana. If you care about Halo, you should care about Cortana. For me, it was was horrible watching her tear herself apart, and the facial animations and voice acting hit me right in the feel. I think the end was beautifully tragic (whether we've seen the last of her or not...), which is quite an achievement considering the risk 343i were running and the tight-rope they were walking with the possibility of it coming across as terribly corny and laughable, but they did nail it. I'm sorry the OP missed that.

343i have two more games to get the epic moments in. For now, I'm happy that they have laid the foundations for how they approach and portray their characters in future.

Halo 4 addresses the idea of showing exactly what you are fighting for, rather than the simplistic "to save the human race". I love this new approach, and believe it can only get better. The hard part is done, now it's time for assaulting beaches and destroying Scarabs from the inside out :2guns:

• Like 1

As far as the campain went, I was greatly satisfied! It was everything i expected and more. There were momments were I was both shocked and saddened, and i will say that it is GOTY worthy.

I dont really have much to complain about. I wish they could have toucheed up on the diadact a little more. As far as i knew he was just an evil forunner I had to kill. I wanted a villan that was really evil and menacing and showed up more than just 2 times in the game. And a more "dynamic" ending boss fight would have fixed all of that. A really cool playable cinimatic just didnt seem to do his death as much justice as i thought.The same problem applied to the Prophet in Halo 3.

And The music score could have been better. It didnt have as many memorable tracks as the last couple Halo games had. Most of them were actually very genaric. I only liked about 3 of them and the rest i dont even remember. Cant wat for a new composer!

9.5/10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How the heck to you understand the flood? A giant supper telepathic plant that crushed the Forerunners. The Captain already knows this. The humans know who beat the forerunners. The same enemy the Chief just destroyed a few years ago. If anything the Didac just uses some advanced technology, that's it. He refused to go after the Didac after they chased him off and he was on the run. Not understand? The Didac uses pretty conventional tactics. The flood attack with spores can convert any life form to their side, can hack any computer, read minds, you name it. There is nothing conventional about the flood, super intelligent spore based space zombie telepaths. Not to mention the humans are not some typical military. They just went through a 3 decade long extinction war with the Covenant, these are not rookie commanders who choke under fire. These are the remains of the Covenant war. These are the no guts no glory hard *** fighters, these are the pipe hitters. They are battle tested, after a 30 year war they would know if this Captain was a choker. They would not have given him command of the Flag ship if he had been a nobody, a coward or a choker.

The guy is a plot device nothing more. What person in that military would question the Chief, let alone insult him? You want plot device? He gets mad at the Chief for disobeying a direct order. But then he orders his people to arrest the Chief and not one of them do a thing and he does not get mad at them or relieve them. He is a plot device, his actions make no sense. The librarian, the Captain, the Didac are all plot devices. What kind of idiot race takes their evil prisoner, locks him away on the Halo immune world, oh and leave his army with him? The librarian went through all the trouble of somehow making the Chief evolve through billions of years of evolution, which is not even possible, so he would have dormant genes that make him immune to some super weapon, that attacks only humans. Here is a bullet, save you self the trouble and shoot the Didac, problem solved. Oh and the next time you imprison someone don't leave them their warship and army if you are worried that a trillion years from know they might escape. Yes lets all do stupid stuff to drive the plot, cause if we act like we have a clue the story ends in 10 seconds. Look it's none Bungie Halo which means Microsoft has a lot more control which means it's all about multi player, and the campaign is just some secondary piece they throw in there. There is no way 343 put a lot of time or effort into this story. These are grade school level mistakes.

Hey like it and that's all good, I see it a different way.

there are also terminals on waypoint that unlock and tell the story of didact and librarian. also, does anyone not remember the UNSC ship is on a scientific mission and was reconfigured from a warship to one that could study planets, not fight against the covenant storm and didact?

on another note, the didact's "army" was there to protect him. the librarian put him there in hopes he would change his stance on converting humanity with time to think. she's also somewhere on requiem. but i'm sure you all have played spartan ops and unlocked terminals to find out info about the game and story? thought not.

I like the Halo 4's campaign. wish you can place more then 4 player co-op. 10 man co-op would be cool as hell to see, can get all your buddy's in and really give the forerunners to run about lol. The story i like but the ending to me kinda thinks that Cortana is still out there. Remember she copy he self at the end. She was geting over whelm by the data she was collecting over the years. when she copy and splitting her self in each of the forerunners computer it my help her. My be the forerunners teck can save her. They can play it ether way. Lets see how 343ind play it out. If Cortana really died then its going to suck with out her with master chief on his side. My be the Greater would make another Cortana IA. You never no :)

I really didn't mind the overall call-of-halo-field experience, i think multiplayer is well done, spartan ops not so good, but the campaign although visually rich, lacked the Halo feel that ruled in halo 1-3. For example, the Didact is the only main antagonist you get to fight, and you really don't even get to fight him, you just get a cutscene, in previous installments like halo 2, you have an epic encounter with a scarab, a heretic, a prophet and the brute chieftan, and if you were brave enough to go through it on legendary and with a few skulls in the mix, you would almost cry on how dificult each level was.

I really didn't enjoy all that activating this and activating that just to go through a level, although I did like all the detail put into the environment. For me, campaign just felt short against the other halo campaigns, I mean, there's so many enemies left out like the drones, and the brutes, even if I hated these furry ********, I truely liked hating them and bringing them down, and not to mention the flood, I MEAN COME ON, the flood are the spooky side of halo, and ever since Reach, the game was not the same for me because of the absense of the flood, the graveminds poems and such.

If future installments are to come I would really like to see more antagonists and get a chance to fight them, no more cutscene fights, and maybe make the promethean Knights a bit more scary if the flood isn´t making a comeback, and if the flood is coming back don't make them look like the flood from multiplayer even if they look great, they really don't look like flood, they look more like a resident evil character to me.

Well that's it, I hope I didn't offend anyone, and if I did it wasn't the intention.

I really didn't mind the overall call-of-halo-field experience, i think multiplayer is well done, spartan ops not so good, but the campaign although visually rich, lacked the Halo feel that ruled in halo 1-3. For example, the Didact is the only main antagonist you get to fight, and you really don't even get to fight him, you just get a cutscene, in previous installments like halo 2, you have an epic encounter with a scarab, a heretic, a prophet and the brute chieftan, and if you were brave enough to go through it on legendary and with a few skulls in the mix, you would almost cry on how dificult each level was.

I really didn't enjoy all that activating this and activating that just to go through a level, although I did like all the detail put into the environment. For me, campaign just felt short against the other halo campaigns, I mean, there's so many enemies left out like the drones, and the brutes, even if I hated these furry ********, I truely liked hating them and bringing them down, and not to mention the flood, I MEAN COME ON, the flood are the spooky side of halo, and ever since Reach, the game was not the same for me because of the absense of the flood, the graveminds poems and such.

If future installments are to come I would really like to see more antagonists and get a chance to fight them, no more cutscene fights, and maybe make the promethean Knights a bit more scary if the flood isn´t making a comeback, and if the flood is coming back don't make them look like the flood from multiplayer even if they look great, they really don't look like flood, they look more like a resident evil character to me.

Well that's it, I hope I didn't offend anyone, and if I did it wasn't the intention.

The flood are flood spartan IV's. so... Yeah. And I think the flood are coming back. What good is the mantle without some common enemy? It's the reclaimer series. All about our reclaimer John. This storyline seems story driven. Not gameplay driven. That has its pros and cons but I think people will be satisfied ultimately.

The campaign sucked **** and we all know it. Promethians instead of brutes & infected was the stupidest idea of all time. What is wrong with the checkpoints ?!?! Why don't you idiots make them a little farther apart next time - I think there's still a wall in my house that I haven't punched a whole through yet! Try the campaign on solo legendary if you think you know what you're talking about smartass halo **** suckers.

• Like 1

The campaign sucked **** and we all know it. Promethians instead of brutes & infected was the stupidest idea of all time. What is wrong with the checkpoints ?!?! Why don't you idiots make them a little farther apart next time - I think there's still a wall in my house that I haven't punched a whole through yet! Try the campaign on solo legendary if you think you know what you're talking about smartass halo **** suckers.

Are you saying it sucks? Or are you saying its challenging and fun? I'm still not sure where you stand.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Good atmosphere. Good implementation of new weapons and vehicles.

Definitely felt different. Glad 343 crossed the threshold by doing something unpredictable with the ending too.

Solo legendary was good albeit a little easy at times. It had enough tough parts to make it fun though. I had a blast playing it.

I was kind of sad when Cortana died, which is pretty amazing considering I never cared about her before I played Halo 4. I thought that Halo 4's campaign could have been longer...and also, the campaign felt kind of forced almost. In Halo 3, they pretty much wrapped up all the Covenant, Flood, Halo crisises and those were what the Halo series was meant to be about. The Didact storyline felt like something that 343 pulled out of their arse to give the game a story. But, while I felt the campaign was forced, I enjoyed the game and I like how Master Chief is developing. So, eh, I don'y like or dislike it really.

In my opinion, Halo 4 had one of my favorite campaigns in the series. It showed the human side of Chief , rather then him just being a war machine. It was actually emotional because I felt bad for the Chief and we had to break our balls to rescue her in Halo 3. I loved the ending and even though it was a 5 hour campaign, it still was one of the best campaigns in my eyes in the Halo series.

• 3 weeks later...

halo 4 campaign is rubbish hardly any tanks men etc to help you the new enemies are annoying and hard/long to take down it hasnt got the team work that the rest of the halo's have like the way bungie made the game my favorite map in halo 3 was the third last mission i dont have one for this game cause its boring and i want bungie back!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, Halo 4 had one of my favorite campaigns in the series. It showed the human side of Chief , rather then him just being a war machine. It was actually emotional because I felt bad for the Chief and we had to break our balls to rescue her in Halo 3. I loved the ending and even though it was a 5 hour campaign, it still was one of the best campaigns in my eyes in the Halo series.

that is the worst thing ive ever heard

I agree 100% with every word with no swearing

ok here are reason why halo 4s campain was good maybe the best

1 it showed charcter dervolpement something ive barley seen in a halo game

2 it was emotinal near the end so that means good writing and it was good writing

3 said befor but once agin showed chief human side

4 had a good varity of leavels

5 a good chiff hanger ending maybe anwered in sparten ops yes it did rember halo 2s lol so much hate about the edning

6 many more reason but at this time all i can think off

also here are reason brutes and engineers are not in halo 4 the storm covies found requim and the storm has no brutes in it so u see also no eginners becase they fled explained in halo novel glasslands

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so please direct me somewhere else if this section is wrong.

Really, Halo 4's campaign really is disappointing IN MY OPINION. Bungie has developed the Halo universe to be a large and gorgeous one, and 343 Industries kind of messed it all up in a single game

I'm not saying that 343 Industries sucks or anything. I appreciate that they've made Halo 4 look amazing visually, through mocap and rebuilding the environment. Its awesome that they've rebuilt the gun sounds through field audio recording. All these really amazes me, but again, the campaign's story is disappointing.

I'll just keep it simple so that those who've played the campaign can understand it. 343 Industries is trying to make Halo 4 more of a personal story rather than more of a "Saving Humanity" type, although the threat against humanity has again, risen due to the Didact's awakening. But this just fails, in my opinion.

"SPOILERS"

Cortana just 'dying' in the end does not really impact the feelings of one that much, but from the Vidocs, 343 Industries seem to think otherwise. Cortana is just a side character who might be important to John, but not to players. All she does is advise the Chief, and nothing else. In Halo 4, we start to get closer to Cortana, but that doesn't mean making her die will bring much sadness to the story.

What I see is 343 Industries failed to understand that a character's personality should be exploited over a long period of time for us to care, so that the intensity of sadness will be much greater. Again, Cortana is just a side character, so who bothers if she dies? The Master Chief might, but most of us won't. Look at Mass Effect 's Commander Shepard, or Red Dead Redemption's John Marston. I'm pretty sure most of you felt intense sadness when they died respectively, and I actually cried in both of the games' endings. Why? Because I actually care about them. John Marston's personality and story was exploited, and so was Shepard's. But so was Cortana's personality right?

Yes, but so what if she dies? She's not the protagonist or any kind of hero - she's not the Master Chief, who's the hero as we all know. She did not save the Pillar of Autumn from utter destruction like Noble 6 did, nor did she save humanity in any visible way. She might have been the reason why the Chief was able to successfully save humanity through her advises but who notices this? If a police officer saved your life, would you agree that he is the hero, or the guy who gave the officer intel about you in danger as the hero? Of course the officer. That's what I'm trying to say, that Cortana's story in Halo 4 doesn't work.

Another thing 343 Industries messed up is about the Forerunners. Bungie had made the Forerunners seem very mysterious to us, through all the Halo games. Yet everything about them is revealed in a single go - in a single game, in a 6 hours campaign. Without proper explaining (unless you find all the terminals and read all the books), Halo 4's story just ends up in the middle of Cortana's story and the Didact's not well motivated revenge. And that Didact, supposedly Master Chief's nemesis, who plans to destroy humanity, is killed immediately in the short campaign of 6 hours. So how does the feeling of 'suck that *******' or 'finally the story ended after 3 games and it's awesome to know humanity survived' get to us when he died? Again, like how the story failed to fully exploit Cortana's situation to bring further sadness, the story also failed in slowly revealing the Forerunners and in bringing an end to a rivalrous foe. Furthermore, I haven't really understood the true intentions of the Covenant - all I know, what i've always known, is that they are after Forerunner relics, so there's no need to tell that, but please give additional details about their intentions.

One last thing I want to mention is the lack of humanity in the story, despite what 343 Industries' Vidocs' are trying to promote. I don't know whether it is the UNSC personnel's nature to act like that, but I didn't find Master Chief being treated like a respected war veteran in the game, even by Lasky himself.

So therefore, to summarise it all, the story failed to create the feeling of sadness and have not exploited the full potential of the Forerunners properly. Again, it's my opinion, and I do not intent to offense anyone with this, of course.

But, I should thank 343 Industries for making the game sound and look beautiful, although I wish Firefight wasn't removed.

And does anyone know how to kind of 'complain' to 343 Industries? Because I don't want another disappointing Halo game, because they are the ones with the most replayable value.

Totally agree.