Want to Beat Halo 4 on Solo Legendary? Here’s 13 Top Tips to Help You

great article, im midway through my legendary run...on the mammoth at the section where i have to try and get the laser designator..im up against 3 dropships, 6 ghosts and 2 wraiths.. i can use the mammoth's rocket launcher to get rid of the dropships and ghosts but then the wraiths like to kill me.. its frustrating but man do i love it..

great article, im midway through my legendary run...on the mammoth at the section where i have to try and get the laser designator..im up against 3 dropships, 6 ghosts and 2 wraiths.. i can use the mammoth's rocket launcher to get rid of the dropships and ghosts but then the wraiths like to kill me.. its frustrating but man do i love it..

Ah yes there... You can actually find a cliff to the left of the floating sniper tower which you can run inside and pick up a plasma pistol. From there you can go and stun the wraith, and blow it up (if it doesn't have an elite in the turret cause he'll kill you) or you could do what I did, stun the wraith, pick up the designator, kill the phantom, kill the giant beam thingy, and run towards the ghost and go back to the mammoth.

:clap: Most of these are common knowledge for veteran Halo players, however there were a couple that I just hadn't even thought of. I'm not used to running away from fights in Halo. However, with the prometheans you almost HAVE to run sometimes. Good article. I definitely recommend it for anyone unfamiliar with the past Halo campaigns, and even those who have played through their share of legendary.

Ah yes there... You can actually find a cliff to the left of the floating sniper tower which you can run inside and pick up a plasma pistol. From there you can go and stun the wraith, and blow it up (if it doesn't have an elite in the turret cause he'll kill you) or you could do what I did, stun the wraith, pick up the designator, kill the phantom, kill the giant beam thingy, and run towards the ghost and go back to the mammoth.

What I did at that part was stay behind the Mammoth with the Guass Hog and the wraiths couldn't shoot me but the ghosts could, but they weren't a problem. It was Co-Op. Only Legendary, I just did what I could to take them out. Plasma Pistol is good for taking out Wraiths though. Glad you all like this anyhow. ^_^

beat that section last night with a different approach..took out all the drop ships and ghosts with the mammoths rocket lawnchair.. then used sniper to kill the first wraith, got the designator and then used a parked ghost to long range kill the other wraith..

A.I teammates are as dumb as a bag of rocks... had A.I marine on my gauss hog later and he just wouldn't shoot at the wraiths in the later section (before storming the gravity well)

It is a great article, though I must admit I dont completely agree with #9, sure it's a good tip, but it's possible to do everything without it. I went all of Legendary alone without using Autosentry, replaying some levels on Legendary made me find out that #11 can be far easier than anything, you don't have to kill everything in your path, and sneaking past enemies to your next objective can make everything better and conserve ammo. And even sometimes it's worse to use a vehicle, they're like paper in Legendary. All in all, I find that - Headshots, right weapon for right enemy, and cover can get you through all of legendary easy.

Also - The needler is still a great last minute weapon, it can take out a Promethean Knight too.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a boss write-up. kudos.

I'm currently waiting for Cortana to open the door (4th mission, just before Bravo i think), i've rescued some Marine's (they died) and we made it to this big bloody door, i've put her down in the pedestal, she's opening the door...

WAVES AND WAVES OF KNIGHTS and ****** CRAWLERS. constantly getting ganked. And Knights with LR's are OP.

i've taken AutoSentry, I have ripped off the base turret, and moved next to the other base turret, for when the original runs out, i have 6 grenades on spawn, an LR and a Suppressor. There is simply too many for solo, is there somewhere i can hide? I understand that she wont open the door until i've held off a certain amount of opponents, but is there somewhere i can camp without being open to too many angles of fire?

I beat it on COOP and I recived the MARK 6 helmet.You cant recive it if you make it on solo. :cat: :cat:

As long as your commendation progress gets completed, then yes, you can get the armor if you play it solo. That's the issue a lot of people are having, getting kicked offline while playing campaign, and then not having commendations being marked as completed.