Best rifle in Halo 4, what's the verdict?

Echo

What's the word going around here, is everyone saying the BR is the best out of the 4 or did they manage to balance them all out somehow?

I fear that everyone will end up using ONE type of gun all the time, or in MLG or something. I hated when the BR was the go to/only useful gun for 90% of all situations.

Well according to Frank O'Connor its a toss up between the DMR and BR.

From my experience at SDCC and playing campaign, I would say its between the Covie Carbine and Light Rifle. The Carbine has a fast RoF and decent spread with a good sized clip. The LR has mixed RoF (3 round burst unscoped, single fire scoped), larger spread, but good sized clip.

There was a video put out about the firing diffence between all of them, but it did not take into account all of the power levels of the guns. Anyways. Thy all pretty much fire same amount of bullets within the same time frame. But then there is more or less accuracy and power involved. In my Opinion. I think it will all be about the light rifle. I think it looks sweet.

There was a video put out about the firing diffence between all of them, but it did not take into account all of the power levels of the guns. Anyways. Thy all pretty much fire same amount of bullets within the same time frame. But then there is more or less accuracy and power involved. In my Opinion. I think it will all be about the light rifle. I think it looks sweet.

The LR is sweet/ was sweet when I used it at SDCC but due to its dual modes and decent clip size its trade off is the faster RoF with more spread than the others.

DMR > all.

Not really...even though they technically have the same kill time, that is if all shots are landed. You have to take into account flinching. With the BR and LR 3 shot burst, even when flinching when hit by the enemy your shot still land, when flinching with the DMR your shots either hit the body or miss all together. At that point, the BR or LR will win the duel. The carbine is tricky because it can go either way

Not really...even though they technically have the same kill time, that is if all shots are landed. You have to take into account flinching. With the BR and LR 3 shot burst, even when flinching when hit by the enemy your shot still land, when flinching with the DMR your shots either hit the body or miss all together. At that point, the BR or LR will win the duel. The carbine is tricky because it can go either way

I really hope they end up being on par, even if it takes some time. I'd be really disappointed if there ends up being one gun to rule them all. Why bother designing and adding more options if most of them are not gonna be viable?

• Like 1

I really hope they end up being on par, even if it takes some time. I'd be really disappointed if there ends up being one gun to rule them all. Why bother designing and adding more options if most of them are not gonna be viable?

Well from my experience at SDCC everyone started with the DMR or BR, but as the matches progressed people switched to the LR and Carbine, but that as quite a few builds ago lol

Id have to say the DMR, due to its power over the BR, not to mention its accuracy due to its semi automatic firing capability

Again it is not as simple as that anymore though...map size, "flinching", bloom, and spread all come into account when dueling. Yes technically all weapons have similar kill times, but throw map size, flinching, and player compensation of bloom/spread into the mix and those technicalities change.

• 3 weeks later...

Again it is not as simple as that anymore though...map size, "flinching", bloom, and spread all come into account when dueling. Yes technically all weapons have similar kill times, but throw map size, flinching, and player compensation of bloom/spread into the mix and those technicalities change.

tis nto enough, the flinching can be compensated once your used to it. there is next to NO bloom on the DMR as well as no spread. The DMR is equally effective at close, medium, and long range. and is the defacto weapon of halo 4 until they adjust it.

• 4 weeks later...

The tone of this bothers me. The idea that the "jury is out" so to speak. Same thing that bothers me with people arguing against global warming, pretending the research hasn't already been done.

YOU may still be awaiting a "verdict" on what the best rifle is but those of us who have checked it out don't have any question in our minds.