Halo 5 PC Support

Shmerrick

Xbox is destroying itself.  When M$ decided to retract their DMR policies, they also reversed all the sharing and family features they planned.  In other words, for you lame *** cry babies who wanted used games without a fee or hassle, you ******* ruined it for the rest of us!   Thanks a lot you misguided ********!

Now more to the point, Halo should have always been designed to be cross-platform to maximize the potential of the franchise.  When a company has to use a single title as a "crutch" to sell it's hardware, it's pretty apparent said hardware is either inferior or they lack the utter genius to sell hardware based on merit, quality, support and range of titles available.  Xbox offers nothing to anyone except for a Halo experience.  M$ shot themselves in the foot the moment they started relying on Halo.  Imagine how well a console would have sold today, if Halo never existed.  Is there anything truly revolutionary about Xbox that makes it better than the competition?

Halo was and always will be at it's core, a PC game first.  A RTS rather than a FPS.  That is fact.  Halo should be released on the PC as many gamers and families sometimes have to choose between a PC or console.  Not everyone can afford multiple consoles or to buy one rather than upgrade an aging PC system.  Releasing a PC version takes no longer than the original Xbox format and now that the tech has switched to a x86 architecture, it makes it sooo much easier to cross compile assets to be readily executed on either hardware.

oh you wanted your family to enjoy there 1 hour demo with the amazing sharing features?

if halo 5 is on xbox i see no reason to buy a xbox one. I'm already getting a ps4 cause half the games i want for xbox come for pc also.

I would rather see a update for Halo 2 Vista that lets people who use Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 be able to play the game, as well as a host of other fixes/improvements.

And I would much rather have a Halo 3 PC with a Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach expansion pack, than a Halo 4 PC...

But if none of that ever happens then I agree that a Halo 5 PC should at least happen. As long as they can make it so that Xbox One players can play with PC players. That way the populations can combine, rather than divide between the two.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'd personally like to agree with Jackal.

I don't understand why it would be so bad for the new halos to be released to PC I mean they did it for halo "one" but never again... and now that some fans have got permission to make a new halo that they seem fit everybody is wanting it to be released to Xbox 360 soon Xbox One as well.

Tell me how that's fair then if the PC gamer's cant have any of the newer halo's why would they allow the Xbox to have the "fan made halo"

you get a short answer from me

NO, NO HALO to PC it's an XBOX exclusive

To this I say...... I agree.

The only game I want, and the only Halo game I think we need, on PC is "Halo 3" with a "Halo 3: ODST" expansion Pack and Custom Edition 2.0 support.

I'd personally like to agree with Jackal.

I don't understand why it would be so bad for the new halos to be released to PC I mean they did it for halo "one" but never again... and now that some fans have got permission to make a new halo that they seem fit everybody is wanting it to be released to Xbox 360 soon Xbox One as well.

Tell me how that's fair then if the PC gamer's cant have any of the newer halo's why would they allow the Xbox to have the "fan made halo"

You do understand EVERY fan has permission to make a FAN MADE halo game correct? 

I know a few people who are working on Halo: Project Contingency(Which is NOT the final title) and they are NOT affilated with Microsoft nor does their product represent Halo. 

It's on CryTek its a fanmade game, its free. Of course they have permission so do you and so does everyone else. You can make anything related to Halo as long as it follows a certain set of guidelines, I mean Halo: Zero was a fanmade Halo platformer for the PC.  

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see why Halo 5 shouldn't come out for PC. I find exclusives annoying, not game wise but the fact that if I wanted to play Halo 5 with friends and we all have a PS4, we can't and have to pay £450 odd to get the Xbox One in order to play it. Of course I know it's so the company can sell loads of consoles but god damn it sucks.

That's just me, I'd love for exclusives too stop and allow gamers to buy whatever game they want and play on whatever platform suits them, I'm saying this knowing it will never happen and I guess this would possibly hurt some gaming companies... money wise (That's me quessing but it's possible).

Another side of me understand why games are exclusives and I'm 50/50 on the idea, I've played all of the Halo's and I can only see myself playing it for Xbox, and it makes sence to. Basically I like and dislike exclusives.

• 2 months later...

All im going to say, is that the idea started on PC. Halo wasn't originally meant for the Xbox until greedy Microsofa asked them to. I would rather have it on the Xbox but I have both, so it doesn't matter to me

I have Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 Vista, and Halo: Custom Edition for PC,and I loved them, though I didn't mind when they didn't port anymore Halo games to PC because I had an Xbox anyway. I highly doubt that Halo 5 will have PC Support for it, but if it did I would definitely buy it, mainly because I don't have a next-gen console...yet.

• 3 months later...
Guest nobodydedaccount

Halo 5 needs to get on pc!.

halo 1 and 2 where on pc, and i own an xbox 360 and i own all halo games and i played all of them.

im a FAN of the series, halo 4 multyplayer slaped halo fans in the face, so we want something that remains classic halo style.

we want it on pc aswel cause why should i buy a f....g Xbox one to play halo 5?!? thats just retarded,.

you are planing to recreate all halo games and re release them in one package, so release that package on pc aswel! or are you going to hot us in the face again?

this is not how you repay your fans.

(sorry for bad english)

Staff Response
Please do not revive old topics.

Halo 5 needs to get on pc!.

halo 1 and 2 where on pc, and i own an xbox 360 and i own all halo games and i played all of them.

im a FAN of the series, halo 4 multyplayer slaped halo fans in the face, so we want something that remains classic halo style.

we want it on pc aswel cause why should i buy a f....g Xbox one to play halo 5?!? thats just retarded,.

you are planing to recreate all halo games and re release them in one package, so release that package on pc aswel! or are you going to hot us in the face again?

this is not how you repay your fans.

(sorry for bad english)