Join in progress?!

Rizotic

I really hope this is not going to be in a competitive playlist... it cant be if you ask me... they already stated that if a player quits there is a much more severe penalty for quiting such as losing your rank... so my question is why would you make people able to join in progress when someone could join a game where it is practically over and the other team is about to win so the player that just joined either has the option to take a loss on his record (keep in mind this is halo, people care about their win loss record) or that person can quit and be severly punished for something that wasnt his fault... in my opinion this join in progress should at the very least not be implemented into competitive play... i understand im probly gonna get trolled by casual gamers and my response to them is to stay out of competitive play...

your thoughts?

i wanted to make it so people could vote yes or no but im new to this forum and cant figure it out oh well..

I understand where you're coming from, the idea sounds like a double edged sword...

The brighter side is if a few noobs decide to quit out early, or maybe by an odd chance someone lost connection, a team would be a man down from achieving their win. Now to me, less people on your team seems like you'll have more targets to kill than they will, but everyone knows the difficulty of a 5 vs 8 game...and that means if a friend or two of yours is waiting to join, they can provide backup and help save the day.

The issue will probably be about the stuff you mentioned. Now, I personally can't find a downside to this per se, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I am ok with people joining me but i want the option not to join a game in progress.

Once again I must agree with the Doctor! Lol. They should allow use to fill in a section of Psych Profile (If they're doing that again) were you can decide whether you want to join games fast (by getting to join on progress) or if you rather got to vote (were you join a group in postgame or lobby, readying to vote).

• Like 1

Once again I must agree with the Doctor! Lol. They should allow use to fill in a section of Psych Profile (If they're doing that again) were you can decide whether you want to join games fast (by getting to join on progress) or if you rather got to vote (were you join a group in postgame or lobby, readying to vote).

The last pysch profile was really a let down. It did not seem to work at all.

Yeah, but we can only hope to see an improvement this time around. I think that the suggestion I made would be a decent addition to it though, don't you think?

I agree completely. I will be very upset with 343i if they do not add this option. Now the thing is if you have this option would you join lobbies that are voting or would you only join lobbies still searching for players. Because i still think that in lobby and during voting you should not get to back out untill the game starts.

I don't understand why they don't fix the quitting problem by just making the team on the side who did not have a quitter have players re-spawn based on amount of players on the opposing team.

For example it is a 5v5, and 2 people quit on one team making it a 3v5; 2 people die on the team of 5 (the team who had no quitters), they should have to wait until one of their teammates dies in order to re-spawn basically keeping it a 3v3 until some more people rejoin.

I know a ton of people would be against that because they would not want to wait or think it is fair to be punished because someone on the other team quit but, it would make the rejoining games for people searching much more balanced/fair. I have seen it in other games before and I am not positive but think they have had that in some sort of playlist in the past with one of the older halo games. It worked out well when I did see it and makes people not want to quit because then they have to wait around to re-spawn in order to play.

I really hope this is not going to be in a competitive playlist... it cant be if you ask me... they already stated that if a player quits there is a much more severe penalty for quiting such as losing your rank... so my question is why would you make people able to join in progress when someone could join a game where it is practically over and the other team is about to win so the player that just joined either has the option to take a loss on his record (keep in mind this is halo, people care about their win loss record) or that person can quit and be severly punished for something that wasnt his fault... in my opinion this join in progress should at the very least not be implemented into competitive play... i understand im probly gonna get trolled by casual gamers and my response to them is to stay out of competitive play...

your thoughts?

i wanted to make it so people could vote yes or no but im new to this forum and cant figure it out oh well..

I can understand why people would be upset about this, but I'm sure there'll be a search option for not joining games in progress. Even so, it is a little aggravating to think about other people joining in the middle of a match.

Competitive playlist? If you mean that as in the Ranked playlists from Halo 3, that ranking system isn't in the game anyways, so i'm not too worried. It's all about EXP again this time around, so if you join a game in progress, you probably just get less EXP than you would have if you played the entire match. So i don't really see a problem here.

Join in progess should have been implimented as a "benched player" option. I see no reason to force "Ranked Playlist" to have such a silly and detrimental effective approach to balancing teams when players quit or disconnect. I had said it before and I will say it again...

Join in Progress should allow up to 8 replacement players to sit on the "bench". When someone quits or disconnects, a random benched player is thrown into the match. Benched players can use a "spectator" camera to call out things to their teammates. Benched players who don't play at all get credits for armor perks, but no EXP for rank.

Join in progess should have been implimented as a "benched player" option. I see no reason to force "Ranked Playlist" to have such a silly and detrimental effective approach to balancing teams when players quit or disconnect. I had said it before and I will say it again...

Join in Progress should allow up to 8 replacement players to sit on the "bench". When someone quits or disconnects, a random benched player is thrown into the match. Benched players can use a "spectator" camera to call out things to their teammates. Benched players who don't play at all get credits for armor perks, but no EXP for rank.

I see where you are coming from but i don't think people turn on their xbox to just "sit on the bench". Battlefield 3 has a similar setup but only when you are trying to get into a server that is full, and unless i have friends playing in that server room then i'm not going to wait for someone to drop out so i can get in. If they added this feature to Halo i would be very disapointed.